Tuesday, December 1, 2015

TCM PRESENTS: ROMAN HOLIDAY ( 1953 ), PG ( 2 hr & 0 min )

-

I went to see this on Sunday, November 29th, 2015, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:00 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 4th seat ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $10.75. And I bought a $1.00 medium Buttered Popcorn upgrade on a free small popcorn ( free reward offer on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) and a medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast for $4.85 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: A sheltered princess ( Audrey Hepburn ) slips out into the night to experience Rome for, and by, herself. By happenstance, she meets with an American news reporter ( Gregory Peck ) in whom she develops a special feeling for.

The people in the 3rd row, all 3 of them, liked this movie and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending. By the way, counting my self, there were 7 or 8 of us in the auditorium.

I liked this Chick Flick. Go see it if you're into classic Romance  Movies.

I went to see this movie simply because I never saw an Audrey Hepburn movie in its entirety. As a kid--and teen--I had a major crush on Audrey Hepburn. She was so beautiful! A modern-day Hollywood actress who comes close to approximating her beauty is none other than Natalie Portman.

And I always thought that the Barbie Doll was modeled after Audrey Hepburn. But I was wrong. The Barbie Doll was copied from a German "adult" doll, Bild Lilli.

Bild Lilli. I found this on the Internet.
-

***************************************

'Funny thing happened at work before I went to see this movie: A co-worker confided in me that when he worked the drive-thru window at the local MacDonald's Restaurant in Benicia, CA, some girls would nonchalantly drive up to the window with their breasts exposed! My question is, Why did he quit that job with its obvious "perks" ( pun intended )? Ha, ha, ha.

And why didn't I apply for work there ( groan ) ....   Sigh ....

-

No comments:

Post a Comment