Monday, February 15, 2016

DEADPOOL, R ( 1 hr & 48 min )

-

I went to see this on Thursday, February 11th, 2016, in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:00 p.m. advanced screening in auditorium 8, 6th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $11.25. And I bought a medium Buttered Popcorn and a medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter for only $2.50--computer glitch ( and who was I to lodge a complaint )!

Quickie Review: A former Spec Op turned mercenary ( Ryan Reynolds ) is dying of metastasized cancer and volunteers himself as a patient for a controversial cancer cure. His body mutates. And he hunts down the person responsible for his mutation, capturing the interest of the X-Men in the process.

The audience loved this movie and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I loved this movie, too! I would say that this is The Most enjoyable superhero movie that I've ever seen so far. It just far surpassed my expectation. Heck, I plan on seeing it again in I-Max. Too bad it isn't in 3-D. Go see this movie.

You're going to enjoy reading the Opening Credits. And be sure to stay for the Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits. Here's a spoiler: Deadpool drops "spoiler hints" here and there!

Here is what was wrong in this movie: Those bullets would have to be removed from his body--or expelled by his own body--somehow.

This movie is rated R for violence, sex and nudity.

I found this on the Internet.
-

This Deadpool pose shown above reminded me of a similar pose made famous by Burt Reynolds, a Hollywood star, back in the early '70s in a Playgirl spread.

I found this on the Internet.
-

Hah, I was right! Ah, guys ... let's just be clear on one thing: I don't peruse Playgirl magazine. Ha, ha, ha.

Playboy is ( was ) an altogether different story, though---Oops!

Hmm ... I wonder if Burt and Ryan are related.

And speaking of related, I also met a man in Benicia the following day, Friday, who is a nephew of the late Hollywood legend, Red Skelton. I was curious and asked him if he was related to Red after I saw his surname. This man's father is the brother of Red. But both families are not in touch with each other because they had a "falling-out", more than likely over the inheritance of Red's estate.

**********************************************

More updates on my supervisor's attempted murder ....

In Benicia, CA, I spoke with a lawyer whose associate is a prosecutor who's pursuing the Death Penalty charge on the defendant. The old lady who was killed by the suspect with a strike to the head with a baseball bat was also a Benicia resident. And a former classmate of the suspect said that he didn't get along well with others back in high school.

My supervisor is resting at home while recuperating from her head injuries.

**********************************************

Thursday was a weird day in that when I went to the BofA branch in Benicia to deposit some money, the teller's computer had a glitch. I was sent to another teller whose computer, also, had a glitch! Then, to cap it all off, when I had my items rung-up at the concessions counter, that computer had a glitch, too, and gave me a super-special discount!

As I have said before, three of anything supra/extraordinary is a "Yes!" in the supernatural realm. And I had a business email waiting for me when I got home; this offer piqued my interest in the matter. Therefore, I shall look further into it.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment