Friday, February 5, 2016

IP MAN 3/LAZER TEAM

PG-13,  1 hr & 45 min
-

I went to see this last night, Thursday, February 4th, 2016, in San Francisco, at the AMC METREON 16, for the 4:45 p.m. show in auditorium 11, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $13.59. And I bought a Kid's Pack for $7.07 at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review: This movie picks-up from where part II left off, with the introduction of Bruce Lee's character. Ip Man ( Donnie Yen ) multi-tasks as a husband, father, sifu, school guardian, crime fighter, and as a grandmaster fight contender in a secret match.

The audience liked this movie. But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie well enough. If you're interested in the Ip Man/Bruce Lee legend, you'll want to see this. But I have to warn you in advance that Bruce Lee's character only appears in the beginning and near the ending.

Yes, I was curious about Mike Tyson's bad-guy character in this movie. Which is why I went to see this movie. But I'm definitely clueless about the beautiful, young Chinese mother and her daughter just hanging around in a warehouse.

But the fight between Ip Man and Tyson's character, as well as Ip Man's fight against many opponents, and his fight against another Wing Chun grandmaster, left me puzzled as Ip Man was known as a heavy smoker and opium addict! Where did he get his stamina and lung capacity from to fight the way he fought? More than likely, though, they just embellished the fight scenes to make them more exciting.

And another thing that confused me was why did Ip Man not enlist the aid of Qi Gong masters who have the ability to make cancer tumors disappear? There is a scientific/medical documentation which proves that a Qi Gong master can make a cancer tumor disappear in mere minutes!

********************************************

PG-13,  1 hr & 42 min
-

I went to see this yesterday, right after I saw IP MAN 3, in the same theatre, for the 7:05 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 6th row ( counting from the front ), 5th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $13.59. And I bought a Kid's Pack and a Parmesan/Garlic popcorn topping, both for $7.56, at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Four small-town losers accidentally shoot down a UFO headed for a nearby military base with a power suit on-board, intended for Earth's champion who will do battle with an alien warrior to decide the fate of the world. The four apportion the suit among themselves and are therefore tasked with saving the world from an alien invasion.

The audience, there were just about 6 people in the audience, liked this movie, especially the couple seated in the back row. But nobody gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.

Surprisingly, I liked this movie even with its low-budget feel. Since it's no longer playing in theatres, you should keep this movie in mind for when it comes out as a DVD rental.

********************************************

I had to go to San Francisco yesterday for a doctor's appointment because I couldn't get a surgical appointment with the doctor in Los Gatos since his schedule is fully booked 'til the middle of summer. And my vacation is this April, and I don't have any more vacation weeks available for the rest of the year. The San Francisco doctor had his office moved to a different location--I got lost while looking for it because I walked up on Montgomery Street when I should have walked up on Kearny Street! His new office is more spacious and more beautiful than the one that he had at his old location.

Walking around lost made me realize that my walking shoes were not properly designed for walking. My feet were hurting. I will need to put in a pair of orthotic insoles if I'm to use this particular pair of shoes for some more "pavement pounding".

I had to walk in a hurry to catch the start of the IP MAN 3 movie. As I started to cross Market Street at the corner of Grant Avenue, a white SUV zoomed by me because the damn idiot ran a red light. I, along with a few other pedestrians, almost got hit by the SUV! Had I been hit, I would have needed a different kind of surgery then! Thank God the idiot missed hitting me and the others. And this is the same intersection where a bicyclist ran a red light a few years ago, which I mentioned in an earlier blog. Maybe, it's the same idiot.

I noticed a bunch of people waiting in line for the advanced screening of, DEADPOOL, on my way to see the Ip Man movie. And the same people were still there patiently waiting in line as I made my way to auditorium 1 to see, LAZER TEAM.

Between the first and second movie, I was in the hallway posting the IP MAN 3 movie on my Facebook page. I looked out the window and noticed a huge gathering down below on the Moscone Center grounds. I will have to check this out when I'm done watching the second movie, I said to myself.

After I purchased my movie ticket for LAZER TEAM, I went to the concessions counter to buy a Kid's Pack, along with a small tub of Parmesan/Garlic popcorn seasoning. The cashier, a short and fat black female, just put my items on the counter when they should have been put in a pack. So, I asked for a pack. She put my items in the pack And Plopped The Parmesan/Garlic Topping In The Cup! This was unsanitary of her to do. Then, she just walked away without saying anything. I rinsed the cup out.

( And I reported this incident to the AMC's main office in Atlanta, Georgia, today! )

After the movie, I walked on over to the Moscone Center. The whole perimeter was guarded by cops, SWAT officers with assault rifles, and security guards. It was a football fan appreciation party for the upcoming Super Bowl 50, hosted by San Francisco. It's just a shame that neither one of our local teams ( San Francisco Forty-Niners & Oakland Raiders ) will be representing the SF/Bay Area in the Super Bowl game, at all!

Just a short distance from the Powell Street Bart Station, I stopped in front of a building to post the Moscone Center event on my Facebook page. As I busied myself with my post, someone approached me and said, "Hey, nigger, I need your help." Sheez, I didn't know that I was black---My parents lied to me this whole time and forced me to live an Asian life ( cue in Steve Martin's 1979 movie, THE JERK )! I looked up to see a tall, skinny black panhandler with 10 pennies in his right palm. He wanted some change for it. I just said, No, and walked away.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment