Saturday, February 6, 2016

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE AND ZOMBIES, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 48 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Friday, February 5th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:15 p.m. show in auditorium 13, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $8.00 ( the senior discount because the box office cashier knew that I am a regular patron--and not because I look like an old fart! LOL ). And I bought a small Buttered Popcorn ( $6.05 ) and a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water ( $2.70, which is $2.00 less because it's a special offer on my email movie watcher reward coupon ) at the concessions counter but was charged only $8.00, instead of $8.75, because the cashier knew that I am a regular patron, too!

Quickie Review: Victorian England is overrun by a macabre plague, that of cannibalistic zombies, which threatens to annihilate all of humanity through rampant infection. Some well-to-do families send their children to Japan and China in time to learn martial arts and defend their lands from the encroaching infestation led by The Beast and his Four Horsemen of The Apocalypse.

The audience liked this movie. But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this "chick flick" movie, I must confess. It is better than any of the Twilight movies. Go see this movie, if you like horror/comedy/action "chick flick" type of movies. Let this screen-shot serve as your enticement:

I found this on the Internet.
-

I liked the first scene with the Cadaver Flies.

Here are a few things wrong in this movie: The scene with the zombie mother and baby leaves the audience hanging because it ends ( Fades Out ) before anything has happened so that some subsequent scenes become incongruent. After the bridge is destroyed and the camera pulls back for a Long Shot, their horse is nowhere to be seen! And the Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits doesn't make sense because scene-after-scene established the "fact" that a zombie can be permanently destroyed by either decapitating it or blowing its head off; therefore, either one of them would have easily known what to do to make certain that that one particular zombie would not come back to "life"!

*******************************************

I did my Zhunti Mantra while I watched the movie. After the movie, I looked at my tally counter to see how many repetitions I had done. It showed: "666", the mark of The Beast. Hah! how apropos is that?

I use a tally counter exactly like this model. I found this picture on the Internet. 'Notice how it shows: "9999"--I chose this image intentionally to counter the "666" display on my tally counter.
-

*******************************************

Here is a follow-up on the incident that happened on Tuesday to my supervisor who was beaten with a hammer then robbed:

The same asshole robber went to a shopping center in the neighboring city of Fairfield and did the same thing to a 67-year old lady at approximately the same time of day on Wednesday. The only difference was that the asshole low-life switched to using a baseball bat because using a hammer was not effective enough for him in the commission of his crime the previous day. The old lady died from her head injury! The asshole was caught by the Vallejo Police Department on Wednesday and charged with robbery and attempted murder. The Fairfield Police Department also charged the asshole low-life with robbery AND murder. The 19-year old asshole low-life graduated from high school last year here in Benicia, CA. I spoke with one of his former teachers today. The teacher said that he was a troubled kid with a temper. The teacher tried to get a hold of the asshole low-life's parents about their son, to try to put him in counseling, but the teacher couldn't get a hold of the parents. I say this, if you are not responsible enough to raise your children properly, you have no business having children in the first place!

One other source told me that the asshole low-life was high on Crystal Meth. Incidentally, in Benicia, Methamphetamine is the "drug of choice". Police have raided quite a few "meth lab" houses in Benicia these past few years.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment