Tuesday, May 10, 2016

CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 26 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: May 5th, 2016
show: 7:00 p.m. 3-D
costs: $11.50 Ticket + $6.05 small Buttered Popcorn + $4.20 small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast = $21.75
auditorium: 14
seat: 5th row from the front, 7th column from the left

2nd time


-

where: EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when: Sunday, May 8ht, 2016, MOTHER'S DAY
show: 10:00 p.m. I-Max 3-D
costs: $18.50 Ticket + $6.14 Zap Pack = $24.64
auditorium: 12
seat: 5th row from the front, 6th seat from the right

3rd time

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Monday, May 9th, 2016
show: 8:40 p.m. 2-D
costs: $11.00 Ticket + $5.40 Nachos w/ Cheese + $0.00 small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( free on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) = $16.40
auditorium: 8
seat: 6th row from the front, 12th column from the right

synopsis/overview:  The Avengers are split into two opposing camps as a feud between Capt. America ( Chris Evans ) and Iron Man ( Robert Downey, Jr. ) ensues over collateral damages.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) 1991 programming; 2.) Bio Hazard; 3.) Suicide bomber; 4.) Binary Augmented Retro-Framing [ FART ]; 5.) Teleprompter; 6.) Grieving mother; 7.) TV news footage; 8.) "We talked about this"; 9.) Sokovia Accords; 10.) Missing report, Dec. 16, 1991; 11.) Causality; 12.) Funeral; 13.) Vienna Terrorist attack; 14.) "I will kill him myself"; 15.) Newspaper headline; 16.) Apartment; 17.) Black Panther [ Chadwick Boseman ]; 18.) Chase; 19.) "You're a criminal"; 20.) Recipe; 21.) "So, you like cats"; 22.) "I better not look out the window and see anybody flying in that"; 23.) Government property; 24.) "They don't grant visas to weapons of mass destruction"; 25.) "Bird costume"; 26.) Electro-Magnetic Pulse; 27.) Fight; 28.) "I need you to do better than, 'I don't know'"; 29.) "I'm not the only Winter Soldier"; 30.) Thirty-six hours; 31.) "There's a crazy car parked outside"; 32.) "Let me have 5 minutes with him"; 33.) "Dumpster diver"; 34.) "I retire for 5 minutes and things go to sh-t"; 35.) "Slowpoke model; 36.) "They're evacuating the airport"; 37.) "Underoos"; 38.) "Everyone's got a gimmick now"; 39.) "You couldn't have tried that earlier"; 40.) "I thought it was a water truck"; 41.) "He also said to go for your legs"; 42.) "It's your conscience"; 43.) "Something big"; 44.) "Holy sh-t"; 45.) "Empire strikes back"; 46.) Friendly fire; 47.) Bathtub; 48.) Facial prosthesis; 49.) Underwater prison; 50.) The 5 Winter Soldiers; 51.) "I'm here because I made a promise"; 52.) "I know that road"; 53.) Iron Man vs. Bucky & Capt. America; 54.) "I almost killed the wrong man"; 55.) "My father made that shield"; 56.) "Stank"; and 57.) Bonus Scenes during and after the Ending Credits.

audience reaction: The audience liked this movie and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

2nd audience reaction: The audience of roughly a dozen liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

3rd audience reaction: The audience liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending, either.

recommendation: Go see this movie if you're a Marvel Comics Superheroes fan. Stick around for Bonus Scenes during and after the Ending Credits.

spoiler alert! Capt. America's foot was not solidly planted in place for him to kick the pickup truck like that. If that were me, and a stranger came knocking at my door and I'm hiding from people, I would put my foot behind that door before I open it. I always thought that the Europeans and the Russians reference their calendar as year, month and day or day, month and year; and not how we Americans reference it as month, day and year. How was Zemo ( Daniel Bruhl ) able to get that huge device out of the inn? If Bucky's ( Sebastian Stan ) left arm is that powerful, his lower back wouldn't be able to compensate for the disproportionate strength--and the authorities should have known better to restrain that left arm! That left-handed choke could easily crush anybody's windpipe. Don't tell me that there was no daily housecleaning at that inn. The Siberian snow on the vehicle's track looked faked. As Iron Man was flying to the secret base, why was he unaware of the fact that he was being followed.

fyi: I had a medium-size dog in the Philippines with the fur colors of a Doberman. I named him, Panther. He was my favorite dog, the only dog that I bonded with. If I could be reunited with my late dog and my favorite late cat, Winky, the orange Manx Cat, in the hereafter for all of Eternity, that would be Heaven to me. Yeah, simple as that. Just the three of us ....

Stuffing some newspaper inside a shoe with a hole or crack in the sole .... Yup, guilty as charged! Kids in today's disposable-minded society don't seem to have the same level of creative resourcefulness that previous generations had to resort to.

This movie's version of Aunt May ( Marisa Tomei ) is a MILF! I cannot help but wonder if something will develop between Aunt May and Tony Stark. Spidey fans, stay tuned for the next movie installment!

I don't like this Spider-Man's ( Tom Holland ) eyes because they change in size like a cartoon show Spider-Man's eyes do. It gives this Spider-Man's character a cartoon character "feel" to it.

This movie has a message in its analogy, equating the Superheroes with the US Armed Forces. And the underlying message is not 100% positive.

word of advice: "If we don't accept limitations, we're boundless. We're no better than the bad guys." ( Tony Stark )

tidbits: I had to go to the main post office here in Vallejo, today, to pick-up my mail. It's because I haven't been getting any mail since this Monday because some lowlife broke into the lobby's mail boxes at my condominium complex.


 -

As I patiently waited in line for my turn at the post office, I noticed another long line of people waiting to get their passports. Most of them were Hispanics. I could be just speculating, but I think that Donald Trump's imminent presidency has something to do with it. It took quite a while before my turn came up. But I was just told to go out into the hallway to ring the bell and wait for some mail clerk to hand me my mail which were put on hold.

Today's Cinco de Mayo. So, here's something for you:

Someone sent this to my Facebook page.

-

There was an accident in Vallejo today. At around 12:30 p.m., Sean, a former co-worker of mine who now works in another city, and who I call "The Governator" because he does an Arnold Schwarzenegger voice impression, was making a left turn onto Redwood Parkway from Skyline Drive when a speeding white Cadillac Escalade, which ran a red light, "t-boned" his black Honda Accord. He is seen in the photo below being attended to by firemen after they used a "Jaws of Life" power tool to extract him from his mangled car.

Two men were injured in a vehicle collision on Thursday at Skyline Drive and Redwood Parkway. The Vallejo fire department cut the roof off of a black Accord to rescue a trapped victim, who was taken by helicopter to John Muir Medical Center with serious, but non-life threatening injuries.
I copied this from the Vallejo Times Herald's website.
-

An ambulance helicopter took him to the John Muir Medical Center's Trauma Unit in Walnut Creek, CA. He suffered from a broken back, a ruptured spleen and collapsed lungs. I hope to God that he doesn't end-up a permanent cripple! A GoFundMe account was set up on his behalf to help with his medical expenses; the helicopter airlift, alone, which his insurance won't pay, costs $60,000.00!

The other driver should be put in jail, have his license revoked and be sued for everything he has got.

On another sad note, my female co-worker, the one who was attacked with a hammer, came back to work two weeks ago on a Sunday. She didn't last half a day. She had a panic attack around noontime, causing her to curl-up on the floor as she cried and screamed repeatedly. She was rushed by ambulance to a hospital. She is now under psychiatric care.

I arrived at the theatre an hour early so that I wouldn't have to stand in line. But there was already a line forming for the 2-D show at 7:30 p.m. Thank God that a bunch of people didn't want to see the 7:00 p.m. 3-D show! This will be the 1st time for me to see a 3-D movie with my new pair of eyeglasses on.

2nd tidbits: Today is Sunday, May 8ht, Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to you and/or yours.

I bought a $4.99 pair of Everlast Right Hook stereo earbuds w/ microphone at the Grocery Outlet on Admiral Callaghan Lane in Vallejo for use with my Google Chromebook. It's a cheap quality---I can't believe that Amazon.com is trying to rip people of by selling this for $17.09! It simply ain't worth it. My old Sony earphones are way better.


Don't waste your money on this. I found this image on the Internet.
-

I used my new pair of eyeglasses, tonight, for the 1st time to view an I-Max 3-D movie.

3rd tidbits: I went back to the main post office to pick-up more mail and to drop-off a bill payment. I saw another former co-worker of mine, Frank, at the post office. I told him the bad news about Sean. Then, I asked him how his hip was doing. Frank told me that he just had his 4th hip replacement surgery. Wow! He said that he couldn't wait to retire this September, his 35th year with the company. 

Then, I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant on Springs Road to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets. I showed Ray, the proprietor, my new Tense Wooden Watch. He liked my watch.

I had to go back home to fetch a raw multiple glandular supplement capsule because I forgot to put one in my vitamin pillbox.  I got home and popped a capsule in my mouth and I brushed my teeth.

The mailboxes in the lobby at my complex had been fixed sometime yesterday or today.

Speaking of pillbox, I had the idea yesterday to buy a $1.25 small tin of Altoids Smalls Wintergreen breath freshener, 0.37 oz ( 10.5 g ), because I needed a slightly bigger container for all of my vitamin/mineral/herb supplements. And the Altoids tin is just the perfect up-size! I divided the mints among four of my co-workers so that I could use the tin container right away. 

I went to the Sonoma Boulevard 99-Cent Only Store to buy more knee-high socks because I really like how thick and how warm they feel. And they stay up all day without me having to worry about pulling them back up. I now have 11 pairs of this aquamarine-colored Russell Sports brand socks. They say Marlins on them. So, I think that they were for the Florida Marlins sports team which either was discontinued or unapproved. ( I'm just speculating on this, though. So, don't quote me on it. ) I also bought 3 pairs for a co-worker. And  I bought some Avengers themed notepads for my movie reviews.


Here are the socks.
-

And here are the Altoids tin container and the Avengers themed notepads. I put a rubber band around the Altoids tin to keep it from popping open when I drop it. I took this photo in the trunk area of my Hyundai Accent before I entered the MacDonald's Restaurant on Sonoma Boulevard here in Vallejo.
-

As I waited for my turn at the check-out line, I couldn't help but notice that the Mexican man ahead in line of me had a white t-shirt on with this message on it: "CNN, Cebuano 'Ni Noy" ( "This is a Cebuano, Sir" ). It put a smile on my face. I wonder if he knew what it meant. Historically speaking, Mexicans and Pilipinos had a cultural exchange under the watchful eye of the Spanish Colonists. Maybe, it was his way of acknowledging the fact.

I had a Lemonade/Sweet Tea, a Yogurt Parfait and a Cuties Mandarin while I was at MacDonald's. I spent the time accessing their free Wi-Fi to get caught-up on this particular blog until my laptop's battery drained-out of power.

After leaving the MacDonald's Restaurant, I went to the Factory 2-U discount clothing store across the street to look around inside. They have some Win Cleaner computer optimizer for just $3.99.

-

I'll see if it works on my old laptop, circa 2005.

Then, I walked a few doors down to look around inside of the Dollar Tree Store. I bought a 4-pack of AA alkaline batteries and a couple packs of roasted almond snacks ( to sneak into movie theatres ).

There were a couple of Hispanic families waiting at the check-out line. How do I know that they were all Hispanic? Well, for one, they looked the part; two, they spoke in Spanish; and, three, they all had a bunch of balloons imprinted with this message: "Feliz Dia De Las Madres" ( Happy Mother's Day ). Better late than never, I guess. Or ... there is a Spanish chapter of the Procrastinators' Club! Ha, ha, ha.

It was off to see this movie after that. At the last intersection to the theatre, the traffic lights just went out! It was around 8:29 p.m. when it happened. That was the 1st time that I've ever seen traffic lights go out. The drivers in front of me didn't know what to do at first until one driver finally crossed the intersection and everyone else took turns crossing it.

And I enjoyed this 2-D movie with my new pair of eyeglasses on. Also, I had on my new Navy Blue Cadet Cap which I bought on Amazon.com for $6.99.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment