Thursday, May 5, 2016

MOTHER'S DAY, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 58 min )

-

I went to see this on Tuesday, May 3rd, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 10:45 a.m. show in auditorium 13, 5th row from the front, 8ht column from the left. The price of admission was $6.25. And I bought a $7.05 medium Buttered Popcorn and a $0.60 medium upgrade on a ( free small drink on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  The Mother's Day celebration is commercially exploited in this ensemble cast movie about a widower mourning the loss of his beloved wife, a woman who prioritizes her career over her biological urge, a young adopted woman unsure about married life, and two sisters who, each, have their own little secret to hide from their parents.

The audience of about 18 - 24 people seemed to like this movie. I thought that it was so-so. You may want to see this on "that" special day this coming Sunday, May 8ht, with that special woman in your life. Or you may want to wait for this to come out as a DVD rental.

Is it just me or does Jennifer Aniston like to make her nipples poke through her shirt/blouse?

**************************************************

I took my car to OCM Auto Repair on Sonoma Boulevard, here in Vallejo, 1st thing in the morning, to have my Hyundai Accent's CVT Boots replaced. The WheelWorks shop, across the street, had told me about 3 years ago that the boots needed to be replaced because they were showing signs of wear. Months ago, I took my Accent to OCM for its scheduled 120K scheduled maintenance; but they never said anything about the boots' present condition. So, I thought that they were still okay to drive on. Last week, when I took my car back to OCM for an oil change, I was told that the CVT Boots had cracked open and needed replacement. I was quoted a price of $195.00 each + tax & labor. I told them that I would be bringing my car back on my next day-off, Tuesday of the following week.

I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant next door to the auto shop to have a small breakfast of Fruit & Maple Oatmeal, a large cup of Sweet Tea and a piece of Cuties mandarin fruit while I waited for the repair work to be done.

As I sat there minding my own business, a tall, skinny man sat at a seat two tables to my left and let-out a loud fart that could be heard by everyone in the room! Manners, people, manners! Sheesh ....  Later on, his counselor came and sat at the table to the left of mine. I soon learned that she was a counselor for "special needs" adults. Of course, she wasn't present when he "broke wind" to give him counsel.

Anyway ....

After about 2 hours, I looked up to see that my car was parked in a different space. I reasoned that the necessary work had already been done to it and that it was time for me to pick-up my car. Well, as it turned out, it was just moved out of the way because they were still waiting for the ordered parts to arrived from a local auto parts store! ( I don't know why they didn't order this beforehand since they should have known by now that I am good on my word. ) And no one called me to let me know. The service adviser lady told me that she called my cellphone number. But my 'phone's call log didn't show a call from the shop. I asked her to call my number again. She did and, wouldn't you know it, my 'phone rang. I think that she called the wrong number earlier.

She told me that it would take an additional 2 hours for the repair work to be done. I just told them that I would swing back the following day, Wednesday, because I still had stuff to do and I had to go home and get some sleep before going in to work at 2:00 a.m. I put down a $200.00 cash deposit.

Someone sent this to my Facebook page recently.
-

I went to see this movie because today is an All-Day Bargain Tuesday at the local movie theatre.

After the movie, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callahan Lane to have lunch. When I got back to my car, I noticed that the "The Club" security device on my car's steering wheel had been unlocked---'Not the 1st time it has happened, mind you, as I would almost always notice it happen after I had communicated with my sister in Michigan or if something significant that I did reminded me of my late mother.

My "The Club" is exactly like this one. I found this on the Internet.
-

I assumed that it was probably done by my late mother to send me a message. Because I didn't even want to see this particular movie at all since I no longer have a mother ( and a father, for that matter ). It must have been her ghost that had been doing all of these strange things around me all along. Funny thing is, I private-messaged my siblings on Facebook a few months ago about a good investment opportunity. The subject of our deceased mother eventually came up. They all told me that they all dreamed of her but, in all of their dreams, they couldn't see her face. Which was odd because I told them that I could see her face in my dreams. ( I dreamed of my late father only on very few occasions; I think that the maternal bond is stronger in such a case. )

There's a form of meditation that can get one in contact with the dead. I will need to learn to meditate that way because I think that my late mother has some thing(s) to reveal to me which I would need to share with my siblings.



                HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!






P.S. I forgot to mention on my previous post that my egg experiment involved the use of NON-FERTILIZED eggs. I don't think that my experiment would yield a favorable result by using fertilized eggs!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment