Friday, April 29, 2016

KEANU, RATCHET AND CLANK

R,  1 hr & 38 min
-

I went to see this movie yesterday, Thursday, April 28th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the advanced screening at 7:00 p.m. in auditorium 5, 3rd row from the front, 6th column from the left. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $7.05 medium Buttered Popcorn and a $0.65 medium upgrade on a free small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( free small drink on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Two cousins will do anything to retrieve their adopted cat from a bunch of drug dealers.

The audience liked this movie, but nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending. I liked this movie, too. Go see this improbably funny kitten rescue movie if you love comedy and/or you love cats--and cute kittens!

There is a Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits.

But I know of one critic who totally disliked this movie:

Don't you just hate critics?  I found this on the Internet.
-

**************************************************



I wanted to go home. But it was still early. So, I went back in to see ...

R,  1 hr & 34 min
-

I went to see this at 9:30 p.m. in auditorium 3, 3rd row from the front, 7th column from the left. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $5.35 Snack Pack at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Two unlikely heroes join the Galactic Rangers to save the galaxy from a planet-destroying madman.

The audience didn't like it simply because no one else was there to see it with me. I didn't like it. You might find playing the video game on which this movie is based on to be a more exciting, immersive time.

There are Bonus Scenes during and after the Ending Credits.

I couldn't help but notice the similarities ( in characteristic, in physique and in intellect ) between Capt. Qwark and The Tick:

I found this on the Internet.
-

***************************************************

I broke an old record yesterday, Thursday! I ate 2 eggs for breakfast and 2 eggs for lunch---Not just any kind of egg, mind you, but ones whose egg carton showed an expiration date of October 10th, 2015--that's 6 months, 2 weeks and 4 days ( if I counted it correctly )!  Okay, I "cheated" a little, I must admit. I stored the eggs in near-zero degree temperature. But when I cracked the hard-boiled eggs and tentatively took a bite, I noticed NOTHING wrong with the taste; and the yolk looked liked that of a hard-boiled egg that just came fresh from a hen's butt ( cloaca )!  I mean, if I had some people do a blind taste-test on them, the subjects would swear that the eggs were fresh. Of course, the air pocket in each egg was bigger than normal, and I didn't do a float-test on them; but, for all practical intents and purposes, they could easily pass for being fresh eggs! AND YOU CAN TELL ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY THAT YOUR UNCLE CINE-MAN SAID SO!!!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment