Saturday, April 16, 2016

BILL, PG ( 1 hr & 34 )

-

I went to see this on Monday, April 11th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:00 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 4th row from the front, 7th column from the right. The price of admission was $14.00. And I bought a 1-liter bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter for $5.40.

Quickie Review: Young William Shakespeare ( Matthew Baynton ), who's in-between jobs, leaves his wife and kids at his birth town of Stratford-upon-Avon and goes to London to find fame and fortune.

The audience of less than 6--myself included--liked this movie. I liked this movie, too. This movie has a Monty Python "feel" to it. Go see this if you like good English comedies, and/or you're a Shakespeare fan and/or you're an English major.

This movie, a Fathom Events special, was timed for release to commemorate Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary. But I really don't know why it was only shown twice on Monday and at no other time! They could have shown it for at least a week at art house venues! Towns and cities with universities would have been perfect places to show this movie in.

Be sure to stay for the outtakes and an added scene after the Ending Credits.

******************************************

My eldest sister is in the United Kingdom right now, as a tourist. When I learned that her itinerary included a trip to Stratford-upon-Avon, I texted her to let her know about the movie. She was in Stratford-upon-Avon the following day, Tuesday. She said that it was raining on that day and that she hadn't yet come across a theatre that was playing this movie. How odd that it wouldn't be playing locally for Shakespeare's 400th death anniversary. I texted my sister to have her ask the locals for any theatre which was showing the movie. I still haven't heard from her since. I'll call her tomorrow, Sunday, after she returns to Grand Rapids, Michigan.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment