Saturday, April 9, 2016

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 6TH, 2016 = SAN FRANCISCO VACATION

My sleep was interrupted at dawn because I had the urge to empty my bladder. As I was about to go back to bed, I noticed that the blanket was pulled away from the left side of the double bed. I slept on the right side And I Didn't Use The Blanket At All because I was just too tired and too sleepy to do so, if you recall what I wrote in my previous post. So ... either a ghost likes to follow me around or Grant Plaza Hotel has a resident ghost because this wasn't the first time that something strange happened to me at this place---Sweet! I'm gonna have to keep booking a room here to have more supernatural experiences.

I went back to bed until my alarm clock sounded-off at 9:36 a.m. I ate my breakfast, showered, shaved and checked out. The two days/nights stay cost me $299.00 on my credit card. For that amount, I had better get a complementary pen in return.  I took one of the hotel pens when the desk clerk wasn't looking.

This is my hotel room's bathroom. The hair dryer is not good because it has no ionizer. I ended-up with frizzy hair!
-

And this is the shower stall. 
-

On Monday and Tuesday, I walked down the staircase each time. Today, Wednesday, I decided to ride the elevator down. But, wouldn't you know it, the damn elevator was out of service today, of all days! I had to walk down the staircase for the last time.

There was a white woman and a black man at the reception desk who were having a problem with their reservation because the woman forgot to bring her ID. They were still trying to resolve the problem when I went on my way.

It was an unseasonably warm San Francisco day as I walked toward the Powell Street BART Train Station. I was perspiring in my hoodie sweater. And I soon noticed that my armpits were sweating too! Aaah ... I forgot to put on some antiperspirant/deodorant. The train better not be crowded or people will have to suffer around me, I said to myself, since there was no way that I was gonna go through my backpack just to get my antiperspirant/deodorant.

I waited for the Vallejo-bound # 80 Soltrans bus at the El Cerrito Del Norte BART Train Station. There was a black girl at the bus stop who was visibly upset as she cried and coughed.

The girl was still crying as everybody got on the bus. A black lady went to sit with her to find out what the matter was. The girl's girlfriend broke up with her because she was in the habit of canceling dates with her BFF. The last time was in January when they were supposed to go see a movie but she stood-up her friend to hang-out with some guy she hasn't seen in quite some time. As the girl bawled her eyes out, she said that she couldn't live without her BFF. Gad, I hoped that she wasn't planning on doing something bad to herself! The lady eventually calmed her down and we had a quiet ride back to Vallejo.

This is Lake Dalwigk in Vallejo, adjacent to the Curtola Parkway Park and Ride bus stop. There's water here now, thanks to the rain. But it still has a long way to go in its reclamation project.
-

At 2:15 p.m., I stepped-off the bus at the Sutter Solano Hospital just a block away from my condominium complex. I heard somebody asked me, "Is something wrong with your car?" I turned around. It was my downstairs neighbor who was on his daily walk. I told him, No, I just came back from San Francisco.

I know that I'm very quiet at the condo, even another neighbor said so. But, come on! Surely, he would have noticed that there were no footstep and toilet/bathroom sounds coming from my unit for two straight days! Maybe, he's hard of hearing.

The first thing that I did when I got into my condo was checked on my armpits. Neither one smelled at all. I was overly self-conscious for nothing, as it turned out. I wondered what the liquid soap at the hotel was made of. Maybe, it had something to do with my odorless armpits.

I went to Empire Chinese Buffet Restaurant on Sonoma Boulevard for lunch.

Then I went home and hopped in bed to have a long, long sleep.

I will have to go back to San Francisco to hang around Fisherman's Wharf either this weekend or the next when I will have enough money budgeted for it.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment