Tuesday, April 19, 2016

THE JUNGLE BOOK, PG ( 1 hr & 45 min )

-

where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Thursday, April 14th, 2016
show:  10:00 p.m. I-Max 3-D Advanced Screening
costs:  $16.00 Ticket + $4.89 16.9 oz ( 500 ml ) bottle of Dasani Water = $20.89
auditorium:  12, with the I-Max 3-D screen
seat:  5th row from the front, 6th seat from the right

2nd time

-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Sunday, April 17th, 2016
show:  9:40 p.m. 3-D
costs:   $14.50 Ticket + $1.00 medium upgrade on a Free Small Buttered Popcorn ( free offer on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) + $4.85 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast + $1.50 Kernel Season's Cheddar flavored Popcorn Seasoning = $20.35
auditorium:  7
seat:  6th row from the front, 12th column from the left

3rd time


-

where:  CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when:  Tuesday, April 19th, 2016
show:  4:10 p.m. 2-D
costs:  $6.25 Ticket ( All-Day Tuesday Bargain Special ) + $0.00 small Buttered Popcorn ( free offer on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) + $4.85 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast ( w/ a bit of Fruit Punch flavor mixed-in ) = $11.10
auditorium:  7
seat:  6th row from the front, 6th column from the left

synopsis/overview:  A young orphan named Mowgli ( Neel Sethi ), is rescued by a Black Panther and raised by a pack of Wolves. Later on, he is forced to embark on a journey which will have an indelible effect on him and the jungle creatures close to him.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) "Run with the pack"; 2.) Law of The Jungle; 3.) Water truce; 4.) "No more tricks"; 5.) "Strong odor"; 6.) Promise; 7.) Decision; 8.) Jungle creators; 9.) Ambush; 10.) Stampede; 11.) New clan leader; 12.) Flash flood; 13.) Snake; 14.) Story; 15.) Red Flower; 16.) Payback; 17.) Three spectators; 18.) Harvest; 19.) "Nature's ointment"; 20.) Propaganda; 21.) Hibernation; 22.) Distress call; 23.) "I know he's special. I raised him"; 24.) Rejection; 25.) Abduction; 26.) Bad news; 27.) "A bird! That can't be a good sign"; 28.) Audience with the King; 29.) Flame torch; 30.) "I think they're afraid of something else now"; 31.) Solidarity; 32.) "Fight him like a man"; 33.) Dead tree; 34.) "Anybody teach you to jog"; and 35.) "Now, he can climb."

favorite scene:  I liked the scene wherein the Bear picked-up the Pig.

audience reaction:  The audience liked this movie and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

2nd audience reaction: The audience liked this BUT did not give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

3rd audience reaction:  The audience liked this and gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too! Go see this movie, and be sure to stay for the Bonus Scenes during the Ending Credits. There's also a dedication to the late Gary Shandling and to some other man at the end of the Ending Credits.

spoiler alert!  I don't know why there was a Black Panther in the movie. A Leopard would have made more sense. But a Lion would have been better in the fight scenes. Pigs don't have sweat glands and would have wallowed in the water at Peace Rock to cool-off. The Tiger was stampeded from its right side; but, then, the whole herd is shown stampeding to the left to get down to the dried river bed. If I were a prey creature, I wouldn't go around making so much noise. Instead of scooping-up water, why didn't he just roll around in the stream? Why couldn't the Panther and the Bear follow his scent? The Tiger should have said, "No fangs," instead of, "No teeth."

fyi: The Black Panther/Jaguar is the 3rd largest cat. The Tiger is the largest. And the Lion is the 2nd largest. But, of all the Tigers, the Siberian Tiger IS the largest! A Lion is still no match for a Tiger. A Lion is like an average man compared to a bodybuilder when you match it in size to a Tiger. And the two have different fighting styles: A Lion is a "puncher" and a Tiger is a "boxer."

During the time of the Roman Empire, Tigers were forced to fight Lions in the arena. The Tigers almost always won the fights.

In India, a pack of stray dogs cornered and attacked a Tiger. The Tiger managed to kill 32 dogs before it was, itself, killed.

Is it just a coincidence or do all Disney bad-guy characters have a scarred face?

I simply am impressed by the animation work in this movie!

word of advice:  There is a Chinese saying: "The Tiger is the most gentle creature in the jungle because it knows it is King."

tidbits:  The King's saggy "man boobs" were very disturbing for me to look at on the Giant Screen! How am I gonna "unwatch" that?

After the movie, I went to the Wal-Mart Super Center in Fairfield to buy a pair of sneakers. But I didn't know that they now close the store at midnight. It used to be open 24 hours.

2nd tidbits:  I went to the Wal-Mart Super Center in American Canyon and bought a pair of sneakers.

3rd tidbits:  Before seeing this movie, I dropped-off some bill payments at the post office. 

Then, I went to the Grocery Outlet Bargain Market to buy a health bar, a jar of chocolate-flavored Peanut Butter, a bottle of Lecithin capsules and a bottle of MSM ( Methyl Sulfunile Methane--for cell-building and for allergies ) capsules.

I went to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets. I also called my optometrist to set-up an appointment for Friday at 9:30 a.m. because my eyeglasses are making me cross-eyed at times. So much so that I find myself switching eyes as I drive my car!

Then, I went to the Southampton Shopping Center in Benicia to buy a shower curtain liner and some mechanical pencils at the Dollar Tree Store. I also went to the nearby healthfood store to buy a bottle of Olive Leaf Extract and another bottle of Raw Organic Multiple Glandular Supplement. I paid about $34.00 for everything.

And I stopped at the local CSAA to pay my monthly bill for my car insurance. Afterward, I noticed that I still had plenty of time to go home, check my mail box, and drop-off my purchases before the movie started. So, I did just that!

I used a pencil to take movie notes for the first time, today! It was not affected as much as an ink pen would be if there was some popcorn grease on the paper.  But the writing was not as dark as an ink pen's so that it was hard to see what I just wrote during the night scenes.

Some kids in the audience screamed when the Tiger climbed up a tree to chase after Mowgli.


********************************************

Q:  What do you get after a forest fire?

A:  Crispy critters!




*

No comments:

Post a Comment