Thursday, June 16, 2016

CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 57 min )

-

I went to see this today, Thursday, June 16th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 7:15 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row from the front, 7th column from the left.  The price of admission was $8.00. And I bought a $4.15 1.25 oz. bag of Jack Links Beef Jerky and a $4.20 small Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter to go with the $1.00 bag of Salsa-flavored Almonds that I smuggled in.

Quickie Review:  A CIA agent, Bob Stone ( Dwayne Johnson ), and his former high school classmate, Calvin Joyner  ( Kevin Hart ), reunite for an action-packed top-secret mission.

The audience liked this Action/Comedy movie. I liked it, too. Go see this movie if you like Action/Comedy movies.

There are Outtakes shown during the Ending Credits.

******************************************

Last night, Wednesday, June 15th, I found out that the headphone jack on my ACER C70 Chromebook wasn't working. At first I thought that it had something to do with my Sony earphones; I switched to another set of earphones. But that wasn't the problem at all. The problem was in the Chromebook, itself. I tried Refresh + Power On but that didn't solve the problem. My only other option was a hard reset by doing a Powerwash. The only problem with that was the fact that by doing a Powerwash, my Chromebook would go back to a Factory Reset mode. And I didn't currently have my Google bookmarks saved onto another computer since I recently did a Factory Reset on my 2005 Compaq Presario Windows XP computer! And I wasn't exactly sure if my Samsung Mega smartphone was properly synced to my Chromebook.

And ... I still need to do a Hard Drive Erase on my Compaq Presario before I can try an upgrade on it.

Hmm, what to do ....  Oh, I know! Buy another computer. Yes!

I went to the American Canyon, CA, Wal-Mart Super Center at around 10:30 p.m. to browse the selections in their electronics department. I narrowed down my choices to a Windows 10-type computer for $299.00 with an 8-hour battery life and a Samsung Chromebook 3 for $189.00 ( $207.12 w/ tax ) with an 11-hour battery life. Obviously, I picked the Samsung Chromebook 3 for its out-of-the-box functionality and its built-in malware/virus protection.

It took me a while to figure out how to do a "caps lock" on this particular Chromebook, though. I had to go on-line to learn how it's done: Alt + Search.

I found this on the Internet. 


Starbucks and McDonald's Restaurant are REALLY Gonna Hate Me Now that I can walk into either establishment with my 11-hour battery life computer!  I mean, I don't care now whether or not they have electrical outlets for their patrons' use. Ha, ha, ha.

This Samsung Chromebook has a water-resistant keyboard.  It stays cool; unlike my Acer C70 which could melt an igloo, figuratively speaking. Its speakers are louder than those in my Acer C70. And the built-in battery is a fast-charger, too!  Sweet!

******************************************

On a somber note ...

The recent Orlando, Florida, mass shooting seemed suspect as videos showed people taking the "wounded victims" towards the nightclub instead of away from it. It gives me the impression that the whole thing was a "false flag/crisis actors" production meant to divert our attention away from the Bilderberg Meeting.  Or it was all staged to help outlaw assault weapons and disarm the citizenry in time for Martial Law.

Somebody sent this to my Facebook page today. 'Makes about as much sense.
-

However the case may be, innocent people did die. Add to that the singer who was killed and the toddler who was attacked by an alligator. Three unforeseen tragedies which happened one right after the other. It is such a sad, sorrowful time for the people of Orlando, Florida, and for the rest of the world who are simply at a loss for words on how to come to grips with these triple tragedies.


*

2 comments:

  1. Actually i didn't know more about this but after read your review i'll think to watch once.

    Hair Transplant in Punjab

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Gupta, thank you for your comment. I would also like to point out that Stem Cell Treatment is used in conjunction with some of the newer hair transplant procedures done here in the USA. But I believe that such a supplemental treatment was pioneered in South Korea.

    ReplyDelete