Monday, June 27, 2016

FINDING DORY, PG ( 1 hr & 43 min )

-

I went to see this on Monday, June 20th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 9:45 p.m. 2-D show in auditorium 8, 5th row from the front, 9th column from the left. The price of admission was $6.25 ( Senior Discount Monday, although I don't look the part yet ). And I bought a $6.80 Lite Bites at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  It has been a year. And Dory just now realizes that she has family. And she will do anything to find them, even if it means having to cross an open ocean to do so.

The audience liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending. I liked the movie, too. Go see this movie if you liked FINDING NEMO because it has one particular "easter egg" that true fans will really appreciate. And stay around for the Bonus Scenes during and after the Ending Credits.

I want to see this movie again in 3-D. But I want to go see it at the AMC BAY STREET 16 & I-MAX in Emeryville, CA, since that theatre complex is less than a mile away from the Pixar Studios. You won't believe how many people go to this particular theatre complex just to see a Pixar movie! All shows will be packed or even sold-out for the 1st two weeks. And it hasn't been two weeks yet. So, I'll wait a few more days before I go see this movie in Emeryville.  I originally planned on going to Emeryville to see this movie tonight, Monday, June 27th, for the 10:45 p.m. 3-D show; but I don't want to travel over 20 miles/32.17 kilometers only to be told that the last show for the evening is all sold-out!

I think that Hank, the octopus, stole the show!

And speaking of Hank and of "easter eggs", Hank and Dory ( or Hank y Dory, in Spanish ) had a wonderful time together, i. e. everything was hunky-dory ( 'get it? ).

I was gonna point out that, since it has been a year after the events shown in FINDING NEMO, Nemo should have already reached maturity by now. But a little bit of online research showed me that juvenile Clownfishes don't reach maturity in the presence of a dominant male. And there's also an interesting fact about Clownfish sexuality which I shall leave to you to find out on your own since this is a PG-rated Disney movie.

One of my co-workers took her grandchildren with her to see this movie in 3-D. It was her very first time to go see a 3-D movie. She didn't like it, neither did her grandchildren. She said that watching a 3-D movie is like looking at View Master slides.

View Master. I found this on the Internet.
-

Yup! View Master is the old-school virtual reality glasses way back in the day.

*********************************************

Well, I'm still familiarizing myself with my new Samsung Chromebook 3's idiosyncrasies. The second time that I gave it an overnight charge failed to charge its battery! I learned from fiddling with it that you have first to open the LCD screen, then plug-in the DC jack. You may have to move the jack slightly in and out to activate the charge. It has 3 battery charge status lights: Red, Blue and Green. Red means it needs to be charged. Blue means it is turned "ON". And Green means that it is fully charged. But you won't see any of the lights if you don't open the LCD screen first before wiggling-in the DC jack. It fast-charges in 2 hours' time. But I think an additional 2 hours is needed to really fill the battery up with "juice". And it froze on me when I tried to log-in after it was fully charged; I had to wait a few minutes before I could re-log.

Or, maybe, I just ended-up with a defective Samsung Chromebook 3. Someone DID tell me not to buy high-end electronic devices at Wal-Mart because they may not have original components in them ( the reason why they supposedly can be sold cheaper than at other places ). I'll observe it for the next few days to see if it will act-up once again so that I can return it for an exchange before the 15-day return policy ( good until 6/30/'16 ) expires on it.

I finally did a Powerwash on my Acer C70 Chromebook in order to do a Hard Reset and restore it to its original factory settings. My bookmarks were saved. Woo hoo!

I'm thinking about giving my Acer C70 to my brother as his back-up computer. But I will need to have three of its keyboard keys ( e, d, n ) replaced first; and, maybe, its bottom cover, too, because two of the air vent grills broke off. And I'll see if I can have its battery replaced with one that has more than a 3-hour life. And since I still have the original box that it came in, I can repackage it and present it to my brother as a "brand new" computer.  ( I won't tell, if you won't tell. )

I had to fetch my mail at the main post office once again because the mail boxes were tampered-with at my condo complex once again. Ever since the homeowners' association got rid of the on-site manager ( to save on money? ), lowlifes have gotten more aggressive in their acts of thievery and vandalism.

Here's a picture of the vandalized mailbox center:

-

As you can see from the above photo, the right side of the mailbox center was taken out for repair. This side is the only one vandalized because it has the outgoing mail slot in the lower right corner. You know, the slot where people put their monthly bill payments in.

On my way home from the post office, I stopped at the Shell Gas Station on the corner of Tennessee Street and Sonoma Boulevard for some gas and to buy some lottery tickets. I was at pump # 1. A motorcyclist stopped at the pump in front of mine. The rider of the sport bike was only about 5 feet tall ( 1.52 meters )! I took my time pumping gas into my car tank because I wanted to see him get back on his standard size sport bike. He couldn't even tippy-toe it properly once he was straddle-seated on it. But he got his bike going! Yup, there's still hope for me as a sport bike rider since I'm a few inches taller than he is. Ha, ha, ha.

I went home to drop-off the mail, to meditate, and to rest for a while before I headed-off to the movie theatre to see this movie.

Someone found Nemo at a sushi restaurant:


I found this on the Internet.
-

Leave it to some sushi chef to ruin things for the rest of us.  Ha, Ha, ha.

Anyway ....


Happy 7th Anniversary!

This month of June marks the 7th year of my movie blogging hobby. I don't know if that's an accomplishment or not. But thanks for reading my blogs through all of these years.

My very first blog was on the Pixar movie, UP! which I saw at the AMC BAY STREET 16 & I-MAX.



*********************************************


P.S.  I used my Samsung Chromebook 3 to upload some pictures to my blog on THE MAN WHO KNEW INFINITY. In case you want to see the handful of pictures that I was able to take before my camera's batteries died-out on me.

*

2 comments:

  1. Really awesome post. Well written and described. Thanks for the posting.

    Hair Transplant in Jalandhar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Kaur, thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete