Sunday, June 26, 2016

THE SHALLOWS, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 27 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Saturday, June 25th, 2016, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 8:00 p.m. show in auditorium 4, 5th row from the front, 5th column from the left. The price of admission was $11.50. And I bought a $1.00 medium upgrade on a free small popcorn ( free on my movie watcher e-mail reward coupon ) and a $4.85 medium Powerade Mountain Berry Blast at the concessions counter to go with the beef jerky stick that I smuggled-in with me.

Quickie Review: Nancy ( Blake Lively ), a med-student, takes a break from her studies to go explore a paradise beach that her late mother had visited. An avid surfer, she soon is in the water. But an angry territorial shark wants the beach all to itself.

The audience liked this suspense thriller. I liked this movie, too. Go see this if you like "shark movies".

Here's what I didn't like about the movie: If you see a known surfer, sans a surfboard, stranded on a rock, who frantically waves at you and warns you that there's a shark in the water, You Don't Argue Back By Saying That There's No Shark In The Water! You get the Hell out of there A.S.A.P.

It's movies like this that make me not want to be a surfer! But, not to worry, I don't like being in fresh- or seawater that's over 5 feet deep, in the first place.  Ha, ha, ha.

*********************************************

I was at the Benicia, CA, Safeway Supermarket about two hours prior to the start of this movie. I learned the following day that I missed-out on what some lowlife did in the store, at around 6:30 p.m., in the back of Aisle 9: Someone defecated in that area and left a stinkin' "lincoln log" for somebody to clean-up after! I swear, this store is turning into a ghetto store.

Hours later, I dreamed of being on a beach watching the sun rise. As the reddish sun started to peak over the horizon, I said to myself, This would be a perfect time for me to start the practice of "Sun Eating". It was such a vivid dream that I thought I was experiencing it in a conscious state. I may try this practice someday to find out what it's all about. Scientists and debunkers are all saying that it's one of those crazy practices foisted on the gullible and the ignorant. But I still want to try it out before I arrive at a conclusion; an informed decision, you might say.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment