Wednesday, September 23, 2020

TRAIN TO BUSAN: PENINSULA/INFIDEL

 


-

I went to the Century NORTHGATE CINEMA 15 in San Rafael, CA, yesterday, September 22nd, 2020, to watch the 4:20 p.m. showing of, TRAIN TO BUSAN: PENINSULA, in auditorium 1 seat E-8; and the 7:20 p.m. showing of, INFIDEL, in auditorium 2, seat H-8.

The Peninsula movie is a sequel (?) to the Busan movie. It's a good Zombie movie. Zombie movie fans should have this on their watch-list.

The Infidel movie, starring Jim Caviezel, is about an American Christian imprisoned in Iran on drummed-up charges for contradicting a moslem talk show host. I like how it gives one a glimpse of the underground Christian movement in Iran. And it's humbling to see how we, Christians living in relative peace and comfort, don't know what it is like to live in a country where Christians are Hunted & Persecuted Simply For Their Faith!


Here's an interesting trivia that I came across a few days ago: In THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST, Jim Caviezel spent most of the film's shooting in the crucifixion scene. Because of it, after the film wrapped production, Jim had to have two ( yes, 2 ) open heart surgeries!   😨

Korean cars are featured in these movies. The 1st movie is obvious. The 2nd one, not so much. 😕


************************


On my way to the cinema, just before I passed by the Skaggs Island exit on Highway 37 West, there was an overturned mobile home trailer at the shoulder. 

And at the intersection right after the Sonoma/Infinion Raceway, there was an overturned tractor-trailer headed in the opposite direction. Emergency 1st responders were on the scene. And traffic was backed-up. 

I have not been to this cinema in about 18 years ❗ I frequented this cinema back when I used to work in San Rafael in 2000. They have done a bit of remodeling here. And I remember how the box office used to be in the middle of the hallway.

The Northgate Shopping Mall was relatively empty. There's an Sbarro restaurant open for pick-up & take-out nearby. But there were hardly any customers.

I went to the wrong theatre wing before the 2nd show, thinking that auditorium 2 was there, because the concessions counter was closed in the other wing! 

And I got somehow lost on my way back home because I decided to take a back road way to my former workplace. My cellphone's map directions didn't help me to find it in the dark. 🤷🏽‍♂️ So, I just gave up and headed on straight for home.

What A Difference 18 Years Of Absence Make❗❗❗

I'm gonna have to frequent this mall/cinema once the nCOVID-19 restrictions are lifted just to re-familiarize with the area. 


P.S. There are now 5 cinemas open within 50 miles of where I live. One of them is a drive-in. I think that the nCOVID-19 ELECTION YEAR "pandemic" will bring back the drive-in theatres.   ☺️

*


No comments:

Post a Comment