Friday, September 25, 2020

BREAK THE SILENCE: THE MOVIE, NR ( 1 hr & 31 min )

-


-

I went to see the 1:05 p.m. showing of this movie in auditorium 1, seat B-6. Today's the Re-opening of this Vallejo, CA, cinema.

It's about a Korean K-Pop boy band which has achieved world-wide fame. This documentary film follows them on their international tour and gives us a glimpse into each members' personal thoughts.

I never heard of them before. But, then again, I'm not much into music these days. Since I only have time to listen to meditation music nowadays. Except when I'm driving on the road which is when I listen to soft rock.

But, it's a good movie with No Foul Language & they're dressed well for their public appearances. Unlike their western counterparts who dress like bums. I didn't see any tattoos on them. And they don't seem to smoke. But they drink beer (?), which makes me question just exactly how old they are because they look quite young! All in all, they seem like positive role models for their adoring fans.

************************

The price of admission is $15.00❗😲  Because it is a special event presentation.   πŸ€·πŸ½‍♂️

Another fun trivia for you: The Century theatre chain started here in Vallejo in 1941. It was founded by the son of Lebanese immigrants, a Mr. Raymond Syufy. His sons entered into a partnership(?) with the Cinemark theatre chain based in Plano, Texas in 2006. That's why these theatres go by 3 different names: Century Theatres, Cinemark Theatres and Century-Cinemark Theatres. But Syufy Enterprises retained ownership of Westwind Drive-In Theatres. And chances are that drive-in theatres will be coming back. Now you know ❗

What I don't understand is why didn't this Vallejo theatre open first since it is the 1st one in the chain❓🀷🏽‍♂️

There are now 8 cinemas open within 60 miles of where I live. But the Century 14 Vallejo is the only one that has shows 'til 10:00 p.m., 10:05 p.m., 10:10 p.m. and 10:15 p.m. The others close early.

Today, Friday, marks my first day back to work after my disability leave. I was not quite up to speed yet since things were moved around in my department and needed me to familiarize myself with the new set-up. And I was feeling a little weak since I have been on a no-food fast since the Sunday prior. I was just on water and unsweetened tea flavored with a ⅛ wedge of lemon. But, today, before I went to work, I drank a collagen broth ( 90 calories ). And I had another collagen broth ( 85 calories ) for lunch. Before I went to see this movie, I ate 2 hard-boiled eggs ( 120 calories ). Tonight, before I go to bed πŸ›Œ, I will eat a thick slice of cheese πŸ§€---I don't know how many calories it will be, yet. I needed the calories to get me through the workday.

There's a new ( to me ) kind of cheese: A New Zealand cheese, Vintage Cheddar Cheese. I love the taste! It's crumbly so it's perfect as a grated cheese topping on pasta 🍝! This is what I will be eating for dinner tonight.  πŸ˜‹ No, not pasta. Just cheese.

I will re-introduce Carbohydrates back into my diet next Tuesday evening.

I did my first 5-day fast in 1979. And I followed it with another 5-day fast in 1982. Both times, I felt really weak towards the end and I had to cheat a little and ate a little bit of food in the last 2 days of each fast. Not only that, But I Had The Worst Nightmares During Each One: I dreamt that I couldn't fast anymore and gorged myself on lots and lots of food! The strange thing is that this 3rd time around, I didn't have such a nightmare at all ....   πŸ˜•

-

No comments:

Post a Comment