Sunday, March 21, 2010

THE BOUNTY HUNTER, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 46 min )


where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Friday, March 19th, 2010
show: 4:40 p.m.
costs: $7.25 Ticket + $2.00 Donation to Variety, The Children's Charity + $3.75 small Diet/Zero ( w/ Barq's & Cherry flavors ) Coke + $2.36 bulk Chocolate Candies + $13.75 Dinner after the show at Empire Chinese Buffet ( + $2.25 Tip ) = $31.36
auditorium: 7
seat: 5th row, 8ht column

synopsis:
Milo ( Gerard Butler ), a bounty hunter, is happy at the prospect of an easy payday when he gets the job of hunting down his bail-jumping ex-wife, Nicole ( Jennifer Aniston ), a news reporter who is hunting a lead on a murder case. But Milo couldn't be more wrong about this particular job.

noteworthy scenes:
1.) Road shoulder; 2.) Fourth of July Parade; 3.) Who's Mr. Ed; 4.) Less creepy option; 5.) Trees or cement; 6.) Court room; 7.) Bail bonds office; 8.) Chewing gum; 9.) Nicole's place; 10.) Jimmy's apartment; 11.) Kitty ( Christine Baranski ); 12.) Race track; 13.) Cab drivers; 14.) Car trunk; 15.) Bookie joint; 16.) Hot girlfriend; 17.) Craps table; 18.) Hotel room; 19.) Wrong man; 20.) Tazer; 21.) Pedicab; 22.) That's real; 23.) Track vet; 24.) Black SUV; 25.) Golf course; 26.) Blue Ink Tattoo Parlor; 27.) Cupid's Cabin; 28.) Favorite question; 29.) Candle-light dinner; 30.) Hallway to Bliss; 31.) Wedding photo; 32.) Confidential calls; 33.) Switched places; 34.) Ten bucks; 35.) Tattoo parlor office; 36.) Double D's parking lot; 37.) Irene's ( Cathy Moriarty ) money; 38.) Depository; 39.) Horse tranquilizers; and 40.) 117th Precinct.

audience reaction:
The audience liked it.

recommendation: It's amusing enough to while the time away. And did I mention that it stars Jennifer Aniston?

spoiler alert! When Nicole threw the glass object at the front door, a piece got stuck in it, but it disappeared in the next shot when Milo stuck his head out of the bathroom; the next day, the piece reappeared in the door. Does a cell phone still work after it has been freshly-dunked in the water? ( I don't want to personally find out just to satisfy my curiosity--volunteers, anyone ...? ) At the police depository, their friend didn't notice their car parked in the lot. The police technician didn't offer support or even called for back-up right away. Stewart ( Jason Sudeikis ) can easily sue Irene and her henchmen, and have them put in jail, and then have the authorities put an end to her illegal gambling operation.

fyi:
I entered the women's room by mistake once and even used a toilet stall at the Edwards Fairfield Stadium 16 & I-Max back in September of 1999 when I went there to see the Alec Baldwin movie, OUTSIDE PROVIDENCE. No wonder when I walked-in, it seemed odd that the room was sweet-smelling, clean, and had nothing but toilet stalls with urinals nowhere in sight! As I emptied my bladder, some young white person went and occupied the stall directly across from the one that I was using. When I stepped-out of the stall, I noticed the person's thongs ( flip-flop sandals ), which were visible under the door, had an unusually thick sole--not the type that you would see a boy put on. Then it hit me--Whoopsie! When I walked out of there, I looked at the sign by the door and, sure enough, it was the women's room. Ahh! Just then, a male employee walked towards the men's room at the opposite end as I apologetically--and with a big, wide grin--admitted to my faux pas!

Back in the late '80s, when my mom went to Europe on a solo trip, I let her borrow my Tazer for personal protection. On her return flight to the US, she was detained by the airport security when they found the Tazer on her person. Yup, I could just imagine them mistaking my frail, little old mother for a terrorist. Ha! It's all about racial profiling, I'm telling you.

Pig-out Man's Food Review: Empire Chinese Buffet didn't have Peking Duck ( is it more politically correct to call it Beijing Duck? ) this time. And no Vegetable Tempura. And no Orange-glazed cream-filled Cake either. But they had Papaya slices. Whenever I pig-out, I always cap my meal with Pineapple Chunks ( or Pickles, if there are no Pineapple Chunks ) because its Bromelain Enzymes help with my Protein digestion. And since the Papain Enzymes in Papaya also help with Protein digestion, it was a welcome added bonus to the usual fare. But their Seafood Delight is one of my stand-out favorites, although at times they leave out of the mix certain items such as Zucchini, Carrots, and/or Bell Peppers. And I've eaten their Seafood Delight enough times to be able to make it myself--and improve on it! ( Now, if I could only find some unwitting "guinea pigs" for the taste test--I think that it's time again to visit my friends in Oakland, CA. )

word of advice:
Seek counseling if you have a bad gambling habit.

tidbits:
Before the movie, I made a quick trip to Chase Bank to check on the status of a cheque that I forgot to enter in my cheque log. At least I got served by Erilou again. What's so special about her? Nothing, except that she is one exceptionally hot-looking Pinay ( pronounced: "pee-nigh", slang for Filipina )! ( That makes four exceptionally hot-looking Pinays that I've seen here in Vallejo, CA, through the years. )

The DIARY OF A WIMPY KID was sold-out for the 4:15 p.m. and the 7:00 p.m. shows. And I needed to see something light after REPO MEN. So I decided to watch THE BOUNTY HUNTER.

During the movie, in the scene in which Milo was snoring, I thought that the Dolby Stereo Surround Sound System was working exceptionally well until I realized that a man in the audience seated a few rows above mine was actually fast asleep! Ha, ha, ha. Talk about perfect timing.

After the movie, as I walked to my car, I looked-up at the marquee for the movie listings. They had wrongly spelled-out one: SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUER!

Then, I decided to end the night with dinner at Empire Chinese Buffet. And the owner's hot-looking daughter was there--she works from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. And I still don't know her name. Why don't they wear name tags like others do in other restaurants? Oh, forget it. If they do, their names would probably be written in Chinese, anyway.

I was gonna do this blog yesterday, except that I was preoccupied with trying-out two kinds of blog widgets. Maybe a few of you noticed last night the added features on my blog site. But when I checked with my Windows Task Manager, I found out that the two widgets were adding too much to my PF Usage--almost at 100 %. So I uninstalled them ... and doing so messed-up my Google Chrome, forcing me to shut-down my computer for at least 16 hours! I shall re-install them someday when I can afford to buy a better computer with lots of Gigabytes.

P.S. This afternoon, I installed a new Firefox Fox Persona Screen Skin on my computer: The ALICE IN WONDERLAND 2. It looks nice. I had the MechQuest skin before this one.