Monday, March 22, 2010

HACHIKO: A DOG'S STORY, G ( 1 hr & 33 min )


where: MOVIE2K.COM
when: Sunday, March 21st, 2010
show: Late Night
costs: $0.00 Download
auditorium: Living Room
seat: My Swivel Chair

synopsis:
A music professor ( Richard Gere ) comes upon a lost Akita puppy at the train station. What follows is an undying bond of love and loyalty between master and dog that is beyond reason and comprehension.

noteworthy scenes:
1.) Shinto shrine; 2.) Train station; 3.) Organ; 4.) Bedroom; 5.) Playtime; 6.) Popcorn time; 7.) Chasing after his master; 8.) Skunk; 9.) Daily routine; 10.) The ball; 11.) The unexpected; 12.) Test of loyalty; 13.) News report; 14.) Old Hachiko; 15.) Meeting with mistress; 16.) The hot-dog vendor; 17.) The dream; and 18.) Dedication to Hachiko.

audience reaction:
N/A

recommendation: I liked it and would recommend it to anybody who wants to see a good family movie. And it goes without saying that dog lovers will like this tear-jerker of a movie, too! Have lots of Kleenex tissues handy.

spoiler alert! Transplanting the setting of this movie, which is based on a true story, here in America instead of keeping it in Japan just dilutes the "authentic feel" of the movie.

fyi:
I like how the dog's P.O.V. was done in black-and-white since dogs don't see in color.

I actually came across this true story back when I was in first year high school at Ateneo De Davao, High School Department, Matina, Davao City, Mindanao, Philippines. It was required reading for my English Literature Class. It left an indelible impression in me.

Akitas are probably the most loyal-to-its-master kind of dog.

I'm not sure if this movie was ever shown on the Big Screen. It would have made for a perfect Christmas movie last year! It just goes to show that Hollywood doesn't always know what's good for it!

word of advice:
Treat animals, not just your pets, with respect.

If you want to watch a featured movie on Movie2K.com, press "Start" then let it run for a few seconds just to make sure that your computer is actually playing it, then press "Pause." Then go do something--anything--for about 30 minutes or so while the movie buffers, then go enjoy the movie. There's no time limit of 72 minutes on this one so you should be able to see the whole thing uninterrupted in just one sitting.

tidbits: The idiot living above my unit was doing some plumbing work in his kitchen early last night and ended-up leaking water into my unit. I only found out around midnight when I took an "intermission break" from watching this movie. I slipped a note under his door threatening to take him to court if he doesn't fix the problem right away. This is not the first time that this has happened. I already filed a report on him with the H.O.A. and will do so again!