Saturday, February 19, 2011

I AM NUMBER FOUR, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 50 min )


where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, February 18th, 2011
show:  11:45 a.m.
costs:  $17.50 Ticket + $6.25 Nachos + $4.75 small Zero Sprite = $28.50
auditorium:  12, with the I-Max screen
seat:  5th row, 8th seat

synopsis/overview:  High school drama of the alien kind

The survivors of a doomed planet, Lorien,  settle here on Earth.  But their evil arch enemies, the Mogadorians,  have come to hunt and kill them all.   And they're the only ones that stand in the way of  total Earth annihilation.



noteworthy scenes: 1.) Jungle; 2.) Beach; 3.) Scars; 4.) Lizard; 5.) Positive I.D.; 6.) Puppy; 7.) Number Six ( Teresa Palmer ); 8.) New school; 9.) "What's with the UFO thing"; 10.) Invisible; 11.) Arson sight; 12.) Legacies; 13.) Testing new-found powers; 14.) Turkeys; 15.) Dinner; 16.) Dog; 17.) Prank; 18.) Locker room talk; 19.) Steel mill; 20.) At the fair; 21.) The woods; 22.) The front porch light; 23.) Light posts; 24.) "What are you"; 25.) Sheriff; 26.) Internet video; 27.) "You were saved for a bigger purpose"; 28.) Party; 29.) Bad guys; 30.) Terrorists; 31.) Darkroom; 32.) "I have your dog"; 33.) Four + Six; 34.) "I need to power-up"; 35.) Football field; 36.) "I played a lot of X-Box"; and 37.) "Stuff goes missing from Evidence all the time."

audience reaction:  It got a lukewarm reaction from the audience.

recommendation:  It was a good enough Action Movie.  But it's not worth enough to see it in I-Max because it is not a 3-D movie.  Go see it in 2-D, instead.

spoiler alert!  Don't tell me that on the planet, Lorien, the adult Lorienians' legacies "ain't worth spit"!  How else to explain how the planet was easily conquered by the Mogadorians.  How did the guardians get to be guardians when they are such lame-ass fighters that  not one of them could  even kill a Mogadorian?  Why did the other teens just leave him behind at the beach?  One of them could have at least called 9-1-1.  Number Six  rode a Ducati sport-bike for over a thousand miles across at least four state lines without wearing a helmet--and no cop pulled her over?  Yeah, right ....  The pictures of John ( Alex Pettyfer ) that  Sarah ( Dianna Agron ) posted on her website just disappeared and  she didn't  mention the fact in any way, shape or form to John or to anyone.  In the fight in the wooded area, at least one of the assailants should have died of blunt-force trauma.  Why would the Conspiracy/UFO buffs want to sell-out the rest of  Humanity to the evil Mogadorians?  How did the Mogadorians learn to drive our vehicles?  After all, they can't just walk into any Driver's Ed Course/Training class looking the way they do without arousing any kind of suspicion.  Are Earthlings immune to the aliens' microbial pathogens and vice versa ( it's not touched on )?  From just watching a Florida YouTube ( ? ) video, how were the interested parties able to track down John  and Henri ( Timothy Olyphant ) in their new hiding place in Ohio?  When John's shirt got snagged on a nail, there was no way at all for a torn piece of fabric to be left hanging on the nail the way that it did because the nail would just have rip the shirt's fabric, at the most.  Okay, so they were  inside a photography darkroom, and he let her see the bright lights?  Are "Legacies" a Lorien teen's version of an Earthling teen's "Raging Hormones"?

"What! the whole school got blown to smithereens?  Yeah!  No school, no school, no school ...."  Ha, ha, ha.

fyi:  When my siblings and I arrived in this country, my brother and I were sent to school even though there were only three months left in the school year.  ( My sisters, who  are older, got to have a nice, long school vacation. )  So, there I was in 9th Grade ( my brother was in 5th Grade ).   I was assigned a book locker for the first time in my whole life ( In the Philippines, pupils and students have  to carry their books to and from school every school day ).  The student aid in the Principal's office gave me the combination number and told me that my book locker was somewhere down the hallway.  I found the locker, and I worked the combination lock.  But, no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't open my book locker.  I went back to the student aid a few times just to make sure that I got the right combination numbers and the right direction for opening my locker.  But, still, my locker wouldn't open.  Finally, the student aid came with me to my locker where  she  proceeded to lift  the handle before pulling on it to open  the  locker.  Boy! was I embarrassed. 

I had this Hungarian-American co-worker named, Zoltan, back when I worked as a dental lab technician.  One of  his "turn-ons"  was seeing an overly-arched back--where the tushy is way out there--on a hot and sexy girl.  He would have loved seeing Number Six's arched back in the climactic battle on the football field when she had to generate a force field to keep herself and Number Four safe from the explosion.

word of advice:  Being at the center of attention is not always a good thing.

tidbits:  I wanted to see the Midnight show but I fell asleep waiting for the time.

On my way to Fairfield, CA, I swung by the Marine World Chevron gas station to buy a newspaper and a little golden Budai ( fat "Buddha" ) holding up a gold ingot ( let's see if this will work well as my "lucky charm" ).

Inside of the auditorium, I saw someone seated front and center in the first row.  A  "front-row Joe".  Also, a theatre employee sat two seats to the left of me who took down notes, too, during the movie.  Damn, I didn't know that I have local competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment