Saturday, August 18, 2012

THE EXPENDABLES 2, R ( 1 hr & 43 )

I chose this poster because not only is it sacrilegious but it is also misrepresentative in nature.
-

where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, August 17th, 2012
show:  10:05 p.m.
costs:  $11.00 Ticket = $11.00
auditorium:  7
seat:  3rd row, 6th column

synopsis/overview:  The old gang takes on an assignment, looking to make some "easy money". But, things don't go exactly as planned and one of their own gets killed. Seeking revenge, they go deep into enemy territory to engage the bad guys and to also put an end to a threat to the balance of nuclear power.

noteworthy scenes:  1.) "This is embarrassing"; 2.) Seaplane; 3.) Five million dollars; 4.) Baby sitter;  5.) Stray dog; 6.) Plane wreckage; 7.) Execution; 8.) Blueprint; 9.) "What's the plan"; 10.) Bar; 11.) Old army training base; 12.) Last meal; 13.) "Houston, we've got a problem"; 14.) "Who did that"; 15.) "The safest place is in front of their guns"; 16.) "Even you two losers could get lucky here"; 17.) The Sangs; 18.) "One more"; 19.) "Is this the last one"; 20.) Phosphate rock; 21.) "I'm back"; 22.) Party; 23.) Smart Car; 24.) X-Ray machine; 25.) "'Can't beat a classic"; 26.) One on one; 27.) "I had to carve a turkey"; 28.) Heads-up; 29.) "Sometimes, it's fun to run with the pack"; 30.) "That thing belongs in a museum"; 31.) Package; and 32.) "You really should learn how to fight."

audience reaction:  The audience liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation:  I liked it enough. People who want to wax nostalgic for Action Movie heroes of yesteryears will flock to the theatres for this one ( a pathetic gimmick, if you ask me ).

spoiler alert!  Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger are not the same height! Arnold is taller than Sylvester. When they were on top of a building, they stood-up straight and were fully-exposed as they exchanged fire with the bad guys below who were armed mostly with automatic rifles--but none of them got hit! The cannon on the nose of the seaplane shouldn't have hit the same spot on the bridge three times for two reasons: 1.) The first shot would have already obliterated the target; and, 2.) The closer the plane got to the bridge, the incrementally higher ( and choppier ) the waves would have gotten, making it impossible to hit the same spot twice--or thrice, in this case. Is it just me or does Jet Li's "replacement" in this movie, Yu Nan, look just like him, facial-wise ...? I know that they needed Dolph Lundgren's character to have "another minority to pick on". But, a look-alike? 'Come on, seriously .... I'm sure that they could have easily found something to prop-up the plane's door with. Couldn't they have come-up with a better name for Jean-Claude Van Damme's character? I don't recall seeing their weapons confiscated. What I'm getting at is this: They could all have picked-up their weapons and shot at the helicopter easily. Why did none of the bad guys wear a Haz-Mat suit? X-Ray images are in black-and-white only! Those spent radioactive fuel rods ( ? ) strewn all over the floor should have readily oxidized and heated-up the area and probably burned-up some stuff in the process. And why did they have to have that stupid sight gag involving the car doors of that Smart Car?

fyi:  It's kinda sad to see Action Movie heroes well past their prime still trying to act like a bunch of Bad-Ass Dudes. Brett, a co-worker of mine, was right about the unappealing "geriatric-ness" of some of the characters in this movie whose names I shall not mention--since you know which ones I'm talking about, already! With that in mind, they should have given this movie the title:

DEPEND-ABLES

Since some of these guys are at that age when incontinence starts to make its "presence" known to some unfortunate ones. ( I hope that I don't end-up as one of them. )


-
I found these two product parodies on the Internet.
-

word of advice:  Don't seriously piss-off someone.

tidbits:  I was able to sleep straight for about three-and-a-half hours last night. The night before, I slept for almost two hours here and almost two hours there because of my bad back.

My appointment with my Chiropractor yesterday afternoon was moved to today because the doctor couldn't make it in time for my scheduled appointment.

So, today, at 8:30 a.m., I went to my Chiropractor's clinic for some spinal adjustments. After he cracked my neck, I told him honestly that I was always apprehensive about getting my neck cracked because some bad guys in the movies get their necks cracked and they get killed that way. The doctor said, "I'm still trying to learn that trick!" Ha, ha, ha. ( So, I guess that he's just been practicing on me all this time ...? Hey! wait a minute .... )

He, then, asked me if I've been getting more sleep lately. I told him that I have been getting a little more sleep. It's been about three weeks now with very little sleep for me--'probably just about 18 hours total. He looked at me incredulously, unable to comprehend how someone could be without sleep for so long and still function normally. I told him that I'm glad that I do Delta Brainwave Frequency Sound Meditation every night because it "fools" my body into "thinking" that I'm getting a Good Night's sleep every night. I will have to make him a CD copy so that he can check it out for himself.

If anything, this sleep deprivation will eventually just put dark circles under my eyes. Perfect! Now, I'll look the part of an actual Yogi. All that I'll need now is a beard and a turban to go with the dark circles under my eyes. Then, I'll name myself, Swami No Sleepy. Ha, ha, ha.

After my Chiropractic session, I went to the shopping center across the street to have a buffet breakfast at Max's of Manila. As I ate my breakfast, the TV showed an investigative news report about sidewalk vendors in Tarlac, Philippines, who sell Chicharon ( fried pork skins ). It was a very disgustingly unsanitary sight to behold. Yuck! And double yuck!! It made eating my breakfast less enjoyable, as a result.

After breakfast, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the same shopping center to buy some stuff.

Then, I went to the nearby branch of Bank of America ( BofA ) to make a deposit in my savings account.

And, on the way home, I stopped first at the Chase Bank in the Lucky's Supermarket on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood streets to make a deposit in my checking account. Then, I decided to buy a bottle of Lecithin Capsules at the store. But they didn't have it. So, I just bought a 1.75 quart-size brick of Bayview Farms Mint 'n Chip Ice Cream since I hadn't had a taste of it in so long.

After work, I went to my brother's place to drop-off some ingredients for my chocolate cake recipe. Since my brother repeatedly and unsuccessfully tried to duplicate my recipe for about 20 years now, I finally just decided to share my recipe ( my own invention ) with him and our two sisters--with the stipulation that the recipe stays in the family ( they cannot be giving it out to friends and co-workers, or whoever, since I invented it, myself ). My recipe is a chocolate version of "The Better Than Sex Cake". Whether or not it's actually better than sex depends on how much you like chocolate, I guess. Me, I'm not really a fan of chocolate anything, to begin with.

After the movie, I went across the freeway to buy $9.00 worth of gas at the Chevron Gas Station.

And I went across the street to buy a 2-litre bottle of Diet Pepsi and of Diet Coke and 2 snack packs of Planters' Peanuts at the Arco Gas Station.

When I got home, I put a TABLESPOON  of B.B. Burgerbrau Original Czech Lager in a mug full of Diet Pepsi. I munched on some peanuts as I drank it. And I repeated the whole thing, but with Diet Coke the second time around. As you can see, I'm not really a drinker of alcoholic stuff at all. More than a tablespoon of the lager would have ruined the taste for me ( And gotten me drunk and sexually-compromised--where was a piece of my chocolate cake when I needed it? Bwa ha, ha, ha, ha---Snort!  ).

I'm probably gonna wake up in a few hours not only with a painful back but with a nasty hang-over, too! Oh, swell ....

*

No comments:

Post a Comment