Friday, August 10, 2012

THE CAMPAIGN, R ( 1 hr & 25 min )

-

Quickie Review:  It is a cutthroat campaign where anything goes in this political circus of a movie.

I went to see this today, Friday, August 10th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 1:25 p.m. show in auditorium 14, 5th row, 7th column.

The audience liked this movie but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. Go see this if you're into political parody, especially since it's an Election Year.

I liked the Answering Machine scene.

I liked the Chinese ( ? ) Maid scenes.

I liked the Honest Kids scene.

I liked the highly-controversial Kiss The Baby scene. ( Eh ... that baby's gonna grow up to be a spoiled brat, anyway. Ha, ha, ha. )

I liked The Lord's Prayer scene.

I liked the Hospital scene.

I liked the Celebrity Dog scene.

I liked the Hunting "Accident" scene.

I liked the Scars scene.

This movie has a Bonus Scene about "cleaning-up the mess" in Washington, D.C., if you want to stick around for it.

*******************************************

I finally got the two motorcycle helmets that I ordered last week. I had to have the package re-routed so that I could go and pick it up after the movie at the Fed-Ex/Kinko's Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane here in Vallejo; because the owner of Goin' Postal closed her shop for today, Friday, and tomorrow as she'd be out of town until Monday. One helmet is for me; and the other one is for my nephew who will be having his 21st B-day party tomorrow, a Saturday.

This is the exact kind of helmet that I bought for myself:



A modular ( flip-up ) dual visor helmet.

-

This black one is the exact kind of helmet that I bought for my nephew:

A dual-visor.
-

The one that I got for my nephew was not the first choice. The first choice had graphics on it that made it look better. Unfortunately, they were all sold-out! So, I just had to settle for buying this for him. He can personalize this himself, if he wants to. And I'm giving this to him as a birthday present because I read his e-conversation with his older brother on FaceBook two weeks ago about his wanting to sign-up for a Motorcycle Riding Course.

As for me, the helmet that I picked for myself was not my first choice, too. This was my first choice:

Arai Corsair V RC Race Carbon Fiber helmet.
-

BUT ... this Arai motorcycle helmet costs $3,995.oo!!! Can you believe that?!?!?! And it's not even a modular and/or a dual-visor. For such a ridiculously-high price, they should just round it up to an even four grand. After all, what's five bucks if you've got that kind of money to throw around? You'd need a half-a-million-dollar bike to go with this helmet ( or, preferably, the Batbike )! All the more reason why I need to win the lottery, a.s.a.p. Ha, ha, ha.

And if you must know, my helmet costs $90.oo ( originally, $180.oo ) on close-out. And my nephew's helmet costs $70.oo ( originally, $120.oo ) on sale.

I also ordered a helmet bag from another website. I should be getting that one on Monday of next week, at the soonest.

Then, I'll take both helmet and bag to work so that I can show them to my co-workers, as promised.

My helmet is too warm for summer riding. I'm gonna have to get another helmet, an open-face one.

Next on my To-Do List: Take my Honda Gyro Scooter out of its 16-year long storage and have it serviced and road-ready once again.

Or wait 'til next summer when the kind of motor scooter that I'd like to buy will be CARB-approved for California, according to an e-mail that I got from a motorcycle dealer four days ago.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment