Tuesday, August 21, 2012

PARANORMAN in 3D, PG ( 1 hr & 36 min )

I chose this poster because it's different.
-

Quickie Review: Who knew that the town's social outcast, a boy who could see and talk to ghosts, would turn out to be its local hero after all when a "witch" rises from the grave on the 300th year of her execution.

I went to see this movie today, Monday, August 20th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo, for the 4:25 p.m. show in auditorium 1, 4th row, 7th column.

The box office clerk gave me a Collector's Edition ParaNorman 3-D glasses for the movie. I just went and put it in my car and used a spare set of regular 3-D glasses that I keep handy in my car for just such a case.

The audience liked this movie, especially the little brats. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. Go see this movie with your little brats. Oh! and be sure to stick around for a Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits--it's a very visually-informative scene.

Some words of caution, though, for those of you with little brats in tow: It gets scary once the "witch" makes her presence known; and the backstory of the "witch" is more "adult-themed" in nature. Thus, Parental Guidance is well-advised.

****************************************

After my session with my Chiropractor today, I gave him a CD copy of my Delta Brainwave Frequency Sound Meditation. And I made sure to let him know that, when he tries it, it may make him sleep for 12 hours the first time that he uses it--it has that effect on most people, myself included.

And speaking of sleep, I slept for almost 5 hours last night until the pain in my lower back returned to force me to wake up.

Once I get more than 5 hours of sleep--even if it will be just a minute over--I can consider myself back to normal.

I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, after my chiropractic therapy, to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets.

As I made my way back to my car after the movie, a female security guard came over in her electric security cart and told me that some Asian guy was checking-out my blue 2001 Hyundai Accent but took-off when he saw her approaching. She told me that the area where I parked my car, the area with lots of shade from the summer afternoon sun, in the theatre building's side lot, is not a good place to park since there had been break-ins in that lot. And compact and sub-compact cars like mine are easy targets because they are easy to get in and out of. I was glad and thankful that she was there to watch over my car, especially after what happened to my poor little white Geo Metro back in January of this year. I will be sure not to park in that area anymore.

Could it be that the "cheap-shit" Asian guy just wanted to steal my Collector's Edition ParaNorman 3-D glasses? Sheesh, what a despicable cheapskate low-life!

Then, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the nearby Target Shopping Center to buy a bathtub mat, Gatorade Lemonade, root beer, peanut snack pack, and freezer pops.

As I was getting out of my car to go to the store, a girl approached me and handed me a flyer for the just-reopened-today Mountain Mike's Pizza Restaurant in the same shopping center, under new management. ( And, to think, I thought that the beautiful blonde had the "hots" for me because she locked-eyes with me and smiled at me! Damn, she's good at what she does. ) Anyway .... The flyer that she gave me was for a "Buy a Large Pizza and get a Second Pizza with a Single Topping for Free." 'Not interested ....

I'll just swing by the place tomorrow to take advantage of their "All You Can Eat Pizza And Salad" lunch buffet! What can I say, I'm a smart eater .... Ha, ha, ha.

Oh, what the heck! This is a good poster, too. So, I'm  tacking it on here.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment