Saturday, October 13, 2012

ARGO, R ( 2 hr & 0 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, October 12th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the Century 14 Vallejo, for the 4:55 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 5th row, 8th column.

Quickie Review: On November 4th, 1979, the US Embassy in Iran is stormed by Iranian revolutionaries and demonstrators. In the ensuing commotion, six Americans manage an escape and hide-out at the Canadian Ambassador's residence. When the Iranian Revolutionary Guards learn of the missing Americans, they do a door-to-door search for them. It is up to Tony Mendez ( Ben Affleck ), a CIA Technical Operations Officer, to extract the helpless Americans before it is too late.

The audience really liked this movie. Some people clapped their hands when the airplane finally took-off. And a bunch of people gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this Suspense/Thriller Movie, also. And I almost clapped my hands when the airplane took-off, too! But I had to maintain an "objective" composure to gauge the audience reaction. I was honestly caught-up in all of the suspense ( I actually jolted in my seat when a guard shot a man to death ) unfolding before my very eyes as I watched this "based on a true story" movie . If you are into Suspense/Thriller movies, you will DEFINITELY like this movie! So, what are you waiting for? Go see this movie!

This movie is a serious Oscar contender!

Stay for the Ending Credits to see photos of the actual US Embassy workers portrayed in this movie. The casting agent did a good job of finding look-alikes for the roles. Except for one: Ben Affleck is too handsome to play the part of Tony Mendez. And there is also a "voice-over" of former President Jimmy Carter talking about this secret CIA/Hollywood joint operation.

*************************************

Yesterday, a Thursday, I came this close >-< to buying a new computer. Then, I realized that I needed that saved-up money more for my two ( 2 ) property taxes and for a new set of tires for my car more than I needed it for a new computer. So, I decided to act on a hunch that has been nagging at me for almost a month now.

I reasoned that in order for the Reveton Ransomware Virus that infected my computer in August to work, it would have to corrupt my McAfee Internet Security and my System Mechanic registry optimizer. I decided to delete both of them. And since I already deleted my ISP DSL connection two weeks ago, I had to use a Juno Dial-Up service to check if my hunch was right.

I installed the dial-up service at 5:00 a.m.

Sure enough, I was able to get on the Internet through Dial-Up! My hunch was right. I was able to fix my computer and I was able to save myself some serious Moolah in the process.

Today, after work, I went to the Chase Bank in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to deposit some money into my checking account. And since I still had enough time to spare before this movie started, I went to the Best Buy electronics store, two blocks up the road, to shop for another internet security system and for another registry optimizer. But Best Buy didn't have what I was looking for. I would have to go to the Wal-Marts Super Center in American Canyon to check on their selections.

After the movie, I went to the Wal-Marts Super Center to see if they have what I wanted to get for my computer. Here's the thing: Because of the viral infection on my computer, I had to get rid of my ISP ( PeoplePC ), my McAfee Internet Security and my System Mechanic just to be on the safe side. I was gonna get a Kaspersky AntiVirus but my Juno Dial-Up comes with a Norton AntiVirus and I already have a Malwarbytes Anti-Malware installed in my computer. So, I just went and bought a Defender Pro PC Medic registry optimizer, instead.

I installed the Defender Pro PC Medic registry optimizer as soon as I got home. And my laptop computer started working like new once again. By the way, I like Defender Pro PC Medic better than I liked my System Mechanic. Defender Pro is easier to use and faster--and better!

And I was gonna blog about this movie. But I couldn't get to my blogsite's "New Post" page. I practically waited for approximately two ( 2 ) hours just to see if my dial-up service would get me there; it never did. Dial-Up is of practically no use in today's Internet. So, at 9:45 p.m., I had to upgrade to DSL!

I will get my wireless router sometime next week, hopefully by Tuesday or Wednesday.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment