Saturday, June 22, 2013

MAN OF STEEL, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 23 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Saturday, June 15th, 2013
show: 9:20 p.m. in 2-D
costs: $10.50 Ticket =$10.50
auditorium: 8
seat: 2nd row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left )

2nd time


-

where: EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when: Sunday, June 16th, 2013
show: 7:00 p.m. in I-Max 3-D
costs: $0.00 Ticket + $0.00 medium Popcorn + $0.00 small 32.0 oz Pink Lemonade = $0.00 ( Because of my "avid moviegoer status", according to Regal Cinemas, I was given a $50.00 gift card two Mondays ago through the mail. Plus my movie watcher reward card was upgraded to Elite status, meaning I am now considered one of only 91 people in the world who are special to Regal Cinemas. By the way, my elite ranking is # 21. And, to think, had I gone to see all of the movies that I went to go see these last 10 years only at Regal Cinemas, I would have reached Elite status way sooner and would have probably been ranked at # 1 In The World, instead! )
auditorium: 12
seat: 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left )

3rd time

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Monday, June 17th, 2013
show: 10:30 p.m. in Real-D 3-D 
costs: $13.50 Ticket + $6.75 medium Popcorn w/ Butter + $4.50 medium 30.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast + $1.50 Kernel Season's Popcorn Seasoning Nacho Cheddar flavor = $25.25


auditorium: 14
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: As the planet Krypton comes to its end, a couple makes the difficult decision to send their infant off to a distant planet, Earth, in the hope that it will be found and rescued by some Earthlings. The infant is found and adopted by a childless couple and named Clark ( James Cavill ). Clark grew up living in fear that others will learn of his true alien nature and reject him. All his life, out of respect for his father, Jonathan Kent ( Kevin Costner ), he keeps his super powers in secret. But that changes when a rebel army from his native planet comes searching for him and threatens to harm the humans if he doesn't surrender himself peacefully. Clark fights against it in defense of his adopted planet and of all human beings on Earth.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "I have held that hope in my hands"; 2.) Codex; 3.) "Krypton is doomed"; 4.) Launch; 5.) "I will find him"; 6.) This is the end; 7.) Off-shore oil rig; 8.) Super senses; 9.) Bus crash; 10.) "Act of God"; 11.) "Maybe ..."; 12.) "We found you in this"; 13.) Truck stop diner; 14.) Anomaly; 15.) "Where the hell are you going"; 16.) Alien ship; 17.) Camera flash; 18.) Cauterize; 19.) News article; 20.) Consciousness; 21.) Genesis chamber; 22.) "Keep testing your limits"; 23.) Urban legend; 24.) Cemetery; 25.) "You're not my dad"; 26.) Tornado; 27.) Penance; 28.) "I found them"; 29.) NORAD; 30.) UFO sighting; 31.) Ultimatum; 32.) "Are you watching this crap"; 33.) School bullies; 34.) Church; 35.) Handcuffs; 36.) "It's not an 'S'"; 37.) Not adapting; 38.) Distress beacon; 39.) "I have a duty to my people"; 40.) "Two bogeys"; 41.) "I designed this ship"; 42.) "The codex is not here"; 43.) "What have you done to me"; 44.) Two super bad guys; 45.) "This man is not our enemy"; 46.) "Nice suit, son"; 47.) "I know how to stop them"; 48.) "I have located the codex"; 49.) World Engine; 50.) "The command key is revoking your authority"; 51.) "Krypton had its chance"; 52.) "And, now, I have no people"; 53.) Train station; 54.) Surveillance drone; 55.) "I just think he's kind of hot"; and 56.) New job.

audience reaction: The first group of audience gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.
The second group of audience enjoyed this movie but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.
The third group of audience enjoyed this movie but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I liked this action-packed movie. Go see it if you like Action Movies and if you're a Superman fan.

spoiler alert! Jor-El ( Russell Crowe ) was slow to aim and shoot his rifle. If the Kryptonians had weapons that could kill their fellow beings, why didn't their weapons seriously hurt Superman , at the very least? Each of the rebels was encapsulated in something that, for all intents and purposes--and for lack of a better description, looked suspiciously like a giant dildo with a suction cup base ( Don't ask me how I know. LOL ). Lara Lor-Van ( Ayelet Zurer ) should have been thrown back by the force of the fiery explosion. When little Clark began to see x-ray images of his classmates, ONE THING WRONG THAT REALLY STOOD-OUT WAS THAT EACH OF HIS CLASSMATES HAD A PERFECT SET OF ADULT TEETH--kids that age should not have grown a full set of permanent teeth yet!!! ( 'See what happens when Hollywood doesn't consult my--relatively cheap--services as Cine-Man, Technical Adviser? ) When the kids trapped in the sinking school bus screamed, their screams should have sounded like they were gargling water. The school bus was in all probability still in gear when it crashed into the water. Therefore, when Clark pushed it up the river bank, its rear wheels ( if it was a rear-wheel drive ) shouldn't have rolled so readily. If that foreign object's composition was not identifiable according to our Elements of the Periodic Table, that alone would have piqued the metallurgist's interest and, in turn,  possibly would have had the government goons investigating the elder Kent, too. With his super hearing, I don't know why Clark didn't hear it when Lois Lane ( Amy Adams ) asked, "Where the hell are you going?" In the vacuum of space, why did his cape flap around? Why didn't the alien shuttle ship have any seats in it--Superman and Lois Lane had to stay standing up. When Superman struck the hull of the mother ship, it broke apart like it was made out of cement--and without rebars, at that! When he rescued the falling Lois Lane, he turned around to shield her from the blast, but his cape SHOULD NOT HAVE STAYED BEHIND HIS BODY! His suit could get penetrated by a needle. Therefore, his suit should not have stood up to gun shots and abrasions. When he came flying at that falling soldier at an angle and at such a fast speed to catch him, the soldier should have been killed by blunt force trauma! When the alien ship hovered above Metropolis, how come nobody on the ground took videos or pictures of it with their cellphones? Superman avoided fighting anybody all of his life. So, how was he able to defeat the battle-hardened bad guys who had years of training and experience fighting in unarmed combat? How was General Zod able to breathe our air without any kind of a reaction to it first? Why didn't that family in the train station simply just get the heck out of the way?

To build the kind of physique that Clark Kent had, he would have to lift weights. But ... it begs the question: Where did he find a weightlifting set heavy enough to stimulate his body's muscular growth?

What I gather from watching this movie is that Krypton was doomed because Kryptonian science and technology had stagnated for more than 18,000 years!!! Observe how their present spacecraft and their ancient spacecraft were still technologically compatible with each other.

And why didn't anybody tell General Zod ( Michael Shannon ) that there is that object orbiting around in space called the planet Mars? They could have terra-formed the Red Planet to their hearts' content--and we would have had "next door neighbors" that we could possibly interbreed with! ( I have dibs on General Zod's 2nd-in-command, Faora ( Antje Traue!!! )

Shouldn't the title have been MAN OF KRYPTON, instead, since his native element is not even listed in the Elements of the Periodic Table?

fyi: The surname El comes from Hebrew. It means Might, Strength, Power ( www.hebrew4christians.com/Names_of_G-d/El/el.html ).

The co-creators of Superman are Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster, sons of Jewish immigrants. So, it's very easy to see the parallel between Superman and Siegel/Shuster as outsiders trying to fit-in in American society.

The first Superman created by Siegel and Shuster was a bald-headed bad guy.

This super guy goes around without his red underwear on! What's up with that? They should just call him Commando Man since he refuses to wear his red underwear.

>>> Time for Superman wordplay <<<

In the '50s, there was George Ribs.

In the '70s and '80s, there was Christopher Rib.

Now, we have Henry Clavicle.

Do I sense a pattern ...?

As for the other two Supermen, I'm not ( Tom ) Welling to go that ( Brandon ) Routh! Ha, ha, ha---Snort! Am I witty or what?!?!?!

word of advice: Don't even think for a moment that we are all alone!

tidbits: I went to the Chase Bank in the Food Maxx Supermarket on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets here in Vallejo, first thing in the morning, to put money into my checking account. Then, I went a couple of doors down to Goin' Postal to pick-up a package of hair care products.

Then, I went to the Big 5 Sporting Goods Store on Sonoma Boulevard to buy a pair of slip-on shoes for work for the Father's Day Sale Price of just $18.00.

And I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets. I spent $17.58 for my meal and tickets.

I went home to rest-up, digest my meal, and to try the new hair care products that I picked-up earlier.

Then, I went to Best Buy Electronics Store to buy a flash drive ( $7.59 tax included ) for my manuscript.

Next, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to buy Black Currant Jam, Aquafresh Toothpaste, Windshield Cleaner, and Anti-Plaque Mouth Rinse, all for a total of $4.26.

And I went to the nearby MacDonald's Restaurant to have a Fruit and Oatmeal Cereal and a large cup of Sweet Tea ( $3.25 ) before I went to see this movie.

2nd tidbits: After I got off work in Benicia, CA, I went to the nearby Chevron Gas Station to get some gas and to check my lottery tickets. I won $116.00 on the Super Lotto--and I was just one number short of winning $12,000 + !!!

And I stopped by the MacDonald's Restaurant at 902 Admiral Callaghan Lane in the Target Shopping Center here in Vallejo to have Fruit and Oatmeal Cereal ( again! ) and a large cup of Sweet Tea for $3.25.

Then, I drove to EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA, to watch this movie in I-Max 3-D and to use my new Elite Movie Watcher Card and my Regal Movie Watcher Gift Card:



-



-

The movie watcher reward card on the left is my old one. My new, personalized Elite Status Movie Watcher Reward Card is on the right. At the top is my $50.00 Regal Entertainment Group gift card. Am I special or what? Ha, ha, ha.
-

3rd tidbits: A few hours before I went to see this movie for the third time, I encountered slow traffic on the slow lane of the I-80 Freeway. Normal traffic would have been moving along at 65 mph. But it was crawling along at just 50 mph. Three or four cars ahead of mine switched to the middle lane. And I saw the source of the slow traffic: A black Mercedes Benz. I switched to the middle lane and passed it by to see what was causing it to move slower than the posted speed. A black bitch was at the wheel AND THE BITCH WAS TEXTING!!! I HATE INCONSIDERATE, SELF-CENTERED AND IRRESPONSIBLE LOW-LIFES!!!!!!! I hope the bitch gets into an accident, gets her driver's license revoked, gets sued for everything she's got and gets her dumb ass thrown in jail for life! Such low-lifes should not be allowed to drive at all.


*

No comments:

Post a Comment