Saturday, June 22, 2013

WORLD WAR Z, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 55 min )

-

I went to see this on Thursday, June 20th, 2013, in Fairfield, CA, at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX, for the 10:45 p.m. show in auditorium 9, 3rd row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $11.50. I got a $0.00 small 32.0 oz Fruit Punch ( free on my Movie Watcher Rewards Card ) and a $6.00 small Popcorn at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  A highly-infective virus which turns humans into marathon-runner zombies is threatening the very survival of all of humanity. It is up to a retired UN investigator ( Brad Pitt ) to find a cure a.s.a.p.

The audience liked it. And some people jokingly gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

It was entertaining enough for me. This movie is definitely for Zombie Movie fans.

Here are some things wrong with this movie: If they knew that the zombies were attracted to sound, why didn't they bother greasing-up their bicycles first before they went outside to get some fuel? How were they able to recharge the dead battery in his cellphone? In a human stampede, it would have been near impossible--if not totally impossible--for the zombies to detect poor host candidates for viral infection. The Olfactory Bulb in humans is not sophisticated enough to be sensitive at detecting faint scents and odors, whether that human is uninfected or infected. Viruses have built-in "safety measures" to ensure their continued evolutionary survivability. But in this movie's scenario, had it been allowed to run its course, the virus ( and its human hosts )  would have died out readily because it would have become too effective for its own good!

*******************************************

I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets ( $16.58 ). While I was at the buffet, an African man who was a regular patron, mentioned to the proprietress that he only eats once a day. Everyday, he drinks tea for breakfast and has lunch, and that's it. Of course, he probably takes-in enough calories eating at a buffet to take care of his daily caloric needs. Whatever ....  Maybe I should try this "African diet" because he looks like an average skinny guy, I can tell you that right now.

Then, I went to Benicia, CA, to pick-up my paycheck and to make a deposit into my savings account at the Benicia BofA ( Bank of America ). Next, I went to the Chase Bank at the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane, here in Vallejo, to deposit some money into my checking account. And I drove a few blocks up the street to pay on my car insurance at the local CSAA office.

And I stopped at the MacDonald's Restaurant, also at the Target Shopping Center, to have a Fruit and Oatmeal Cereal and a large cup of Sweet Tea ( $3.25 ) as I sat down to finish my blog on MAN OF STEEL.

At the movie, two assholes seated to my right were very rude and inconsiderate by talking to each other while the movie played and by texting on their cellphones. This was probably the first time I experienced something of this sort at this theatre--the assholes must be part of the "Vallejo Crowd" of irresponsible, disrespectful and inconsiderate lowlifes! The next time that I come to this theatre to see a movie, I shall make it a point to get a security pager at the box office to alert their security to such lowlifes who are ruining the movie-watching experience for everyone else.

After the movie, as I started up my car, the "Low Battery" warning came on for a few seconds. I will have to top-up the distilled water inside the battery because I suspect that the oil change places that I took my car to never checked all of my car's fluid levels like they were supposed to!

Then, I drove to the Fairfield Super Wal-Mart to buy a waterproof digital camera ( $49.99 + tax ) because it would be more practical of me to have such a camera on hand.



*

No comments:

Post a Comment