Monday, June 10, 2013

THE PURGE, R ( 1 hr & 25 min )

-

I went to see this yesterday, Sunday, June 9th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 11:50 a.m. Extra Dollar Off First Show Matinee, in auditorium 14, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left ).  The price of admission was $6.75.

Quickie Review:  In the USA of 2022, where all the people still drive around in cars that are 10 years old or older, people participate in an Annual Civil Disobedience to relieve their pent-up rage and to really "go to town" on their hapless victims.

The audience only liked one scene, the "Did You Hear What I Said?" scene.

I almost fell asleep halfway through this mostly predictable movie.  This is strictly a rental.

But this movie does have one redeeming value built-in: Mary ( Lena Headey ) is one Hot Mama!  ( Note: She played the character of Ma-Ma, by the way, in the DREDD [ 2012 ] movie. )

********************************************

note:  I'm still plugging away at my Butt-Biting Monster manuscript. And I'm still not finished with chapter 17 as it keeps unfolding itself before me, offering up twists and turns that add to the overall appeal of the whole story. I already have a general feel for what are in store for me in chapters 18, 19 and 20--yes, I had to add one extra chapter to round-out a crucial character's personal background. And I'm just curious to see how this whole story wraps itself up!

Is my story too long, considering that it's just a children's book?  Nah .... If I remember correctly, the Harry Potter novels were originally aimed at boys between the ages of 8 and 10!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment