Monday, August 12, 2013

PERCY JACKSON: SEA OF MONSTERS, PG ( 1 hr & 46 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Friday, August 9th, 2013
show: 8:20 p.m. in 3-D
costs: $14.00 Ticket + $4.50 medium 30.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast
auditorium: 2
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 6th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: Camp Half-Blood and its demigods are threatened when its protective barrier becomes compromised. Although Percy ( Logan Lerman ) is feeling less than heroic of late, it is up to him once again to save his kind and the rest of the world from an evil force hell-bent on revenge by going on a quest to find the Golden Fleece somewhere in the Sea of Monsters, a.k.a. Bermuda Triangle.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) Four children; 2.) Barrier; 3.) "Christians have a guy who can do this in reverse. Now, that's a God"; 4.) "He saved Olympus. That's more than you've ever done"; 5.) Important task; 6.) "The spawn of which god"; 7.) Brother; 8.) "Ocularly-impaired"; 9.) "Smells like bull"; 10.) "Our annihilation"; 11.) Attic oracle; 12.) "Mr. Undershirt"; 13.) "Grand idea"; 14.) "Her name, he gets right"; 15.) "I'm not going without one"; 16.) Mist; 17.) "Chariot of damnation"; 18.) "Thirty, 31, 75, twelve"; 19.) Capitol Building; 20.) Coffee shop; 21.) "There were other half-bloods who turned"; 22.) The UPS Store; 23.) '"Best TV show ever ... cancelled"; 24.) Hippocampus; 25.) "You lecture me about Thalia ( Paloma Kwiatkowski ) when you're hanging around with him"; 26.) Brig; 27.) "They're vicious and they're dangerous"; 28.) "Don't walk on my roof"; 29.) "Not this again"; 30.) "You will know vengeance and the Olympians who scorned us will know death"; 31.) Boy Scouts; 32.) "His kind killed Thalia"; 33.) "Those aren't sharks"; 34.) Zombies; 35.) Stomach ache; 36.) "Aye, eye .... 'Sorry"; 37.) Amusement park; 38.) "It's a small world, after all"; 39.) "Do not let that go viral"; 40.) "You're a dude! Well, that explains a lot"; 41.) "You'd do it for me"; 42.) "I never called him, brother"; 43.) "Hi, brother"; 44.) "My favorite"; 45.) "Cursed blade"; 46.) "I make my own destiny"; 47.) "I have faith in you"; 48.) "You don't need this anymore"; and 49.) "Another living child of the eldest gods."

audience reaction: The audience liked it. And some people in the audience gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

recommendation: I liked it enough. It's a must-see for the Percy Jackson book series out there.

spoiler alert: Why were there no sentries posted to guard the entrance? I fail to see how a mechanical bull would smell like a real bull! What, there was no demigod at all in that camp which could foresee danger? ( That's bull! Pun intended. ) You know, a piece of hard metal can easily f*ck-up mechanical gears. The pair of sunglasses that the young Cyclops half-blood, Tyson ( Douglas Smith ), wore would only serve to impair his vision because the bridge ( a thick one at that, in this case ) would be directly in his line of sight! Duh .... He might be fire-proofed; but I don't think his clothes and eyeglasses were. So, shouldn't he have been butt-naked by then? When the yacht was tossed about by the waves, a port hole in the brig popped open but no water rushed in! Are you telling me that all that time she was semi-buried under that tree, her clothes somehow grew along with her? If I were the director, she'd be wakened-up butt-naked!

-

fyi: Is Brandon T. Jackson's Satyr character's name, Grover Underwood, in reference to this product name?
I found this on the Internet.
-

word of advice: Looks can be deceiving.

tidbits: I actually saw this movie, in 2-D, first on Wednesday at 4:20 p.m., at this theatre,  but I fell asleep through-out most of it---I ate a big meal at Selecta Pilipino Buffet before then! So, I had to see it again to finish my notes--and to blog about it.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment