Monday, August 26, 2013

YOU'RE NEXT, R ( 1 hr & 34 min )

-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA
when: Monday, August 26th, 2013
show: 2:20 p.m.
costs: $7.75 Ticket + $4.50 30.0 oz medium cup Powerade Mountain Berry Blast = $12.25
auditorium: 14
seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: A family get-together at their countryside mansion becomes a living nightmare as crossbow-shooting, machete-swinging and ax-wielding intruders target them one by one.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) You're Next; 2.) "It's open"; 3.) "Were you just upstairs"; 4.) Student; 5.) Dinner argument; 6.) Cellphone blocker; 7.) Escape attempt; 8.) Bedroom; 9.) Panic run; 10.) "It's safe to say that one of them's inside"; 11.) Meat tenderizer; 12.) "Really? You really had to do that in front of me"; 13.) "Shut up! Stop talking"; 14.) "Would you just die already? This is hard enough for me as it is"'; 15.) Glass shard; 16.) Overheard conversation; 17.) 'Phone; 18.) "Two bolts, two shots"; 19.) Camera flashes; 20.) "What the f*ck! I f*cking hit her, didn't I"; 21.) Blender; 22.) "Is it over"; and 23.) Cop.

favorite scenes: I liked the Meat Tenderizer scene.

And I liked the Blender scene.

audience reaction: The audience was mildly entertained by this movie.

recommendation: Eh ... it was "so, so" for me. This is a rental. Wait for it to come out as a rental.

spoiler alert! Why didn't they turn-off the lights? When Erin ( Sharni Vinson ) charged at the bad guy yelling, why didn't he turn around? The head wound shouldn't have produced a stream of blood because the blade was tight against the skull and scalp--and the blade didn't have any blood grooves to help release the "vacuum seal" of the embedded knife. Since it was an emergency response, why didn't the cop turn-on his siren?

fyi: This movie debuted two years ago on September 10th, 2011, at the 2011 Toronto International Film Festival.

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that Ms. Barbara Crampton is in this movie. She plays the part of the mother.

Two Barbara Crampton horror movies come to mind: RE-ANIMATOR ( 1985 ) and FROM BEYOND ( 1986 ). Either one of these two is better than this undeservedly-hyped movie.

word of advice: Money can't buy you love.

tidbits: Today, I planned on dropping by the dental lab where I used to work at many years ago. The lab has expanded and, consequently, has about twice the technicians now than when I worked there. But I just decided to put it off for another day---Hopefully, soon! Because I want to see if they found somebody who's better at plastering and polishing/finishing than I was.

After a light breakfast, I went to Goin' Postal at the Food Maxx Shopping Center on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets, here in Vallejo, to drop-off a bill payment and to check my box to see if the automotive parts that I ordered a week ago had arrived---Nope, not yet.

And I drove to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet Restaurant on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, for lunch--now you know why I had a light breakfast!--and to buy some lottery tickets. Next, I walked next door to the 99-Cent Only Store to buy some stuff. I parked my car in the same exact spot where a couple of black scam artists tried to pull a "Nigerian Prince Scam" on me two weeks ago. I don't think that I will ever see them again---Good Riddance!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment