Saturday, April 12, 2014

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 15 min )


-

where: AMC METREON 16 in San Francisco, CA
when: Friday, April 4th, 2014
show: 10:30 p.m. show
costs: $12.00 Ticket + $6.75 Kid's Pack = $18.75
auditorium: 13, 3rd floor
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left )

-
-

2nd time

where: AMC METREON 16 in San Francisco, CA
when: Sunday, April 6th, 2014
show: 8:30 p.m.
costs: $12.50 Ticket + $4.75 20.0 oz VitaminWater XXX + $5.99 loaf of Greenlee's Best Cinnamon Bread + $8.60 round-trip BART Train Ticket + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll Fee on the way home to Vallejo = $36.84
auditorium: 15, 3rd floor
seat: 4th row ( counting from the front ), 12th column ( counting from the left )


This is the loaf of bread that I brought with me. I hid it in my Goggle Chromebook's computer bag. I found this on the Internet.
-


-

3rd time

where: EDWARD'S FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield,  CA
when: Wednesday, April 9th, 2014
show: 10:00 p.m. I-Max 3-D
costs: $18.00 Ticket +$5.00 small 32.0 oz Pink Lemonade +$13.73 dinner @ Empire Chinese Buffet ( + $2.00 Tip ) in Vallejo, CA, before seeing this movie = $38.73
auditorium: 12
seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ) , 10th column ( counting from the left )

synopsis/overview: Captain America a.k.a. Steve Rogers ( Chris Evans ) tries to adjust to modern life in the nation's capital. But when a S.H.I.E.L.D. colleague is gunned down, Capt. America goes in search of the responsible party with the help of Black Widow ( Scarlett Johansson ) and a new ally, the Falcon ( Anthony Mackie ). And they uncover a web of deceit and intrigue that threatens to destroy the very thing that they all believe in and uphold as they face an unexpected deadly enemy.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "On your left"; 2.) To-Do list; 3.) "Is he wearing a parachute"; 4.) "I told you, S.H.I.E.L.D. does not negotiate"; 5.) "That's your mission"; 6.) "Soldiers trust each other"; 7.) "You know, they used to play music"; 8.) "They're a little bit bigger than a .22"; 9.) The Smithsonian Museum"; 10.) The old sweetheart; 11.) "Access denied"; 12.) Bad cops; 13.) "Air conditioning is fully operational"; 14.) Car bomb; 15.) "I think you left your stereo on"; 16.) Sniper; 17.) Hospital vending machine; 18.) "Why do you think we're talking"; 19.) Elevator fight; 20.) Hover jet vs. Capt. America; 21.) Fugitive; 22.) "I know who killed Fury ( Samuel L. Jackson )"; 23.) Computer store; 24.) "Kiss me"; 25.) Old, abandoned military base; 26.) "This building's in the wrong place"; 27.) HYDRA; 28.) "Call in the asset"; 29.) Housekeeper; 30.) "When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D., I thought I was going straight"; 31.) "Digital book"; 32.) Freeway fight; 33.) "Put the gun down. Not here ... not here"; 34.) "The thing was squeezing my brain"; 35.) "About damn time"; 36.) "Mission report"; 37.) "Don't look at me. I do what he does, only slower"; 38.) "He's the kind you stop"; 39.) "Oh, man. I am so fired"; 40.) Announcement over the intercom; 41.) "Captain's orders"; 42.) "If they're shooting at you, they're bad"; 43.) In disguise; 44.) Winter Soldier vs. pilots; 45.) "Don't worry. Company's coming"; 46.) "You need to keep both eyes open"; 47.) "I had a big breakfast"; 48.) "I'm grounded"; 49.) "Please don't let me do this"; 50.) "That was armed the moment you pinned it on"; 51.) "Shut the hell up"; 52.) Target Saturation; 53.) "Fire now"; 54.) "Forty-first floor"; 55.) "You know me your whole life"; 56.) "You're not gonna arrest me"; 57.) Cemetery; 58.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits; and 59.) Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits.

audience reaction: It was the first-show matinee. And there were just about two dozen people in the audience, not enough people to gauge an audience's reaction with.

Actually, all three groups of audiences didn't give this movie a rousing "Hands Clapper" ending!

recommendation: I liked it. I think that this is better than the first installment. Go see this if you like Superhero Movies.

spoiler alert! The fight between Capt. America and the bad guy on that ship should have ended sooner since Capt. America was faster and stronger--he could have easily broken the bad guy's bones and/or dislocated some of the bad guy's joints. If bullets couldn't penetrate the SUV's armored body, simple logic would suggest that the bullets would bounce-off, i.e. ricochet, and hit the bad guys who were standing too close to their target. The Winter Soldier ( Bucky/Sebastian Stan ) should have hurt his back--I'm talkin' seriously pulled muscles--when he ripped the door off from the armored SUV since he only had a robotic arm with nothing to suggest that the rest of his body's muscles and bones were "upgraded" to handle extreme biomechanical stresses. When a "bunker-blaster" missile blasted the room at the abandoned military base, Capt. America used his shield to protect himself and Black Widow from the blast debris BUT the circular shield could not have fully protected their bodies. None of them had a seat belt on when Winter Soldier attacked them on the freeway. In the freeway fight scene, why didn't the bad guys shoot Capt. America in the legs since his legs weren't shielded at all? What kind of a name is Bucky for a bad guy? Shouldn't that shield at the museum be just a prop? The headbutt used was all wrong.  The "slo-mo" scene of Capt. America falling from the sky seemed like a derivative of Iron Man's fall from the sky in the Avengers movie which preceded this one. Why didn't the water affect the robotic arm's circuitry?

fyi: Too much jogging is bad for your heart. The man who popularized jogging, Mr. James Fixx, died of a heart attack while jogging. A biology professor of mine who was also an avid jogger, died of a heart attack while taking out the trash. Jogging strenuously every day for a long duration strains one's heart in such a way that scar tissues form in its blood vessels and increases one's chances of dying of a heart attack, according to scientists. The scientists who did the study say that one should only jog for a maximum of one hour every other day three times a week.

word of advice: Walk, don't jog.

tidbits: I wanted to take my cousin and his family to see this movie. But they wanted to do more shopping. So, I went by myself.

The ticket-taker gave me a mini poster similar to the first movie poster shown above.

2nd tidbits: I went back to San Francisco after work today in the hope that I could still catch my cousin and his family for the last time before they'd leave for Los Angeles, CA, to attend the wedding of his late brother's only daughter. But they had joined the Ramirezes ( see previous post ) for an overnight stay in Fresno, CA. Therefore, I wasn't able to give them their going-away presents ( I'll just have to ship the package to the Philippines ), and a 16.0 oz loaf of Greenlee's Best Cinnamon Bread that I hoped they'd get a chance to taste.

As I watched this movie, I helped myself to the loaf of Greenlee's Best Cinnamon Bread that I brought with me and which I kept hidden inside of my Google Chromebook's Targus bag. Before long, I realized that I had eaten most of the bread without even knowing it! I think that I devoured at least 2/3rds of it.


This is the same exact model of Targus Shoulder Bag that I have for my Acer C7 Google Chromebook.
-

After the movie ended, someone in the audience let-out the spoiler (?) that Capt. America will get killed and that Winter Soldier will take over for him. I don't know if this is true or not.

When I got home, I decided to eat the last egg in the carton that had been sitting in my fridge since the first week of November OF LAST YEAR!!! Exactly five (5) months ago! Yes, that long of a time. I kept putting-off eating the eggs because I thought that they'd just been in my fridge for less than three months. When I realized just how old they were, I didn't throw them away ( there were still about eight (8) of them left ). I decided to eat an egg each day ( hard boiled or sunny-side up ) until I finished the remainder of the batch. But when I left for my vacation, there was still one egg left. The one I boiled and ate tonight. Was it still okay? Yeah, there was no difference in taste at all; although the Air Cell had sifted by then. And I'm still alive and well, ain't I? So, now it's official: A non-organic, unfertilized chicken egg will still be edible after being stored in a refrigerator for five (5)--count that--months! But I suspect that its "shelf life" had to do with the possibility that the hen that laid it was fed a diet laced with preservatives and growth hormones. ( Only in America .... Ha, ha, ha. )


Proof positive that I ain't lying.
-


If you wanna buy eggs that will keep a long, long, long time in your fridge, this is the brand to buy. Take it from me, Cine-Man, Human Guinea Pig Egg Eater!
-

3rd tidbits: At work today, I asked a co-worker, Loven, if she had already seen the Capt. America movie. She said she hadn't yet because knowing that Chris Evans also played the part of The Human Torch was, in her own words, "F-cking with my mind!"

And I said, So what? Ben Affleck will play the role of Batman in the upcoming Superman movie even though Ben Affleck played the part of George Reeves' TV Superman in the movie, HOLLYWOODLAND ( 2006 ). But, I added, he will look the part of the costumed hero.

"No, he played Daredevil ( 2003 )," Loven tried to correct me.

Yes, he did, I answered. But he also played Superman on the Big Screen.

I switched the subject by asking her who is hotter, Scarlett Johansson or Cobie Smulders. Loven said that Scarlett Johansson is prettier and sexier, after she checked-out photos of Cobie on the Internet with the use of her Samsung Note 4. But I seriously think that Cobie Smulders is hotter. Let me put it this way, if both Scarlett and Cobie were to come up to me and ask me out on a date and I could only pick one, I'd pick Cobie Smulders without hesitation!

And I said that Cobie Smulders should have been picked to play the part of Wonder Woman in the upcoming Superman/Batman movie, instead of Gal Gadot!


Lynda Carter, the original Wonder Woman. I found this on the Internet.
-
Cobie Smulders, an artist's rendering of her as Wonder Woman. I found this on the Internet.
-
Gal Gadot, an artist's rendering of her as Wonder Woman. I found this on the Internet.
-


But, no matter, Lynda Carter--to me and to a bunch of other fans of hers out there--is the definitive Wonder Woman!!! Heck, yeah!

I've mentioned eating at Empire Chinese Buffet Restaurant here in Vallejo but never posted a picture of the place. Well, here it is, before I stepped in to dine and wait until it was 45 minutes close to the start of the movie:

Shouldn't it be Korean B.B.Q.?
-


*

No comments:

Post a Comment