Thursday, April 3, 2014

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2ND, 2014 = SAN FRANCISCO VACATION

REUNION, DAY TWO

I started the day by going to my doctor's office a few blocks away for an antioxidant level screening. The screening is done using BioPhotonic Scanner to analyze the level of Carotenoids in one's skin measured as a Skin Carotenoid Score ( SCS ). I scored in the midrange because I don't eat enough fruits and vegetables and because I'm out of shape. If I make lifestyle changes in this two areas, I should do better on my next screening.

I took my cousin, Alan, and his family to Fisherman's Wharf and Chinatown today.

-

I took the above photo at the Powell and Market Cable Car Turnaround. On our way to Fisherman's Wharf, we came upon a stranded Powell and Mason Cable Car because its cable line snapped. We were lucky that our cable car was on the Powell and Hyde route. We disembarked at the corner of Hyde and Beach Streets ( an unfamiliar route to me ) instead of at Taylor and Bay Streets ( a familiar route to me ).


-
I took this picture above inside the Cioppino's Restaurant whose storefront is shown below.

-

-
I took this above photo of my nieces inside of Lids, a hat shop on Jefferson Street at Fisherman's Wharf.

-
This is my cousin and his wife posing for me at the hat shop whose storefront is shown below.

-

We were gonna go to Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum but it was still closed. I guess it will open at the height of the tourist season.

We did stop by the Musee Mecanique where my nieces played some arcade games from years gone by. Interestingly, when I was at this place last year, this place was not crowded; I was practically by myself back then.

While it's not pictured here, there was a one-man band who entertained the crowd at Pier 39. I don't know why I didn't take a picture of him.

-

I took this photo as we waited for an hour to board a cable car at the Friedel Klussmann Memorial Turnaround at the corner of Hyde and Beach Streets.

-
-

As we waited patiently and impatiently to board a cable car, a street musician entertained us with his song selections from the 60s and 70s and ... his lame jokes. I put a dollar bill in his bucket only to realize that there was about $200.00 worth of $1.00 bills in his bucket already. When a cable car was readied to board some passengers, the driver told us that his cable car was only going as far back as the corner of Washington and Powell in the Chinatown area. We decided to board it just to get away from the street musician and his lame jokes. Ha, ha, ha.

When we got off the cable car at Washington and Powell, we walked up the hill one block and made a left on Clay Street to have dinner at the Capital Restaurant on said street.

-
-
A Chinese co-worker of mine recommended this restaurant. And we should have gone here last night, too, instead of dining at the Far East Cafe on Grant Avenue.

-
-
I took the above photo inside the Eastern Bakery on the corner of Commercial Street and Grant Avenue in Chinatown. This place is a tourist attraction, so much so that former President Clinton dropped by this place years ago. It is the oldest bakery in the Chinatown area. I mentioned this place on a blog which I posted approximately a year ago.
-
-
And I took this last picture inside a discount store directly across the street from Eastern Bakery. It is the Far East Flea Market Liquidation Center.

I must say, my pictures turned out well today. I guess it was because I threatened to throw my camera away last night if if didn't take better pictures today! Even my outdoor nightime shot of the Capital Restaurant sign turned out better that I expected it to be!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment