Monday, April 7, 2014

SATURDAY, APRIL 5TH, 2014 = SAN FRANCISCO VACATION

REUNION, 5TH DAY

And, so, our reunion ended--aptly enough--where it all began on Tuesday, in the lobby of Grant Plaza Hotel in San Francisco, CA, yesterday ( a Saturday ) at around 10:39 a.m.

The couple on the right, the Ramirezes, my cousin and his wife's friends and former office mates in Cebu, Philippines, came by to take my cousin and his family on a further tour of San Francisco landmarks, notably the Golden Gate Park and the Palace of Fine Arts. I was gonna rent a van yesterday to take my cousin and his family to see Vallejo, Mare Island, Benicia, Fairfield and Sacramento had my sister not invited us to have dinner with her and her family at Fisherman's Wharf last night. 
-

When I checked-out at the front desk, I learned that the $69.00/day special posted on their storefront window only applied to a very few off-season days of the year--you have a better luck of winning the lottery than getting their off-, off-, off-season rate! And booking in advance only guarantees you a room, not their special rate.  I had to pay their $89.00/day rate for a single occupancy.  But I had the presence of mind to remind them that I stayed at their hotel twice before. So, at least, I got a $23--something discount. Oh, well .... Now I know better. 

Then, it was time for me to trudge with my belongings down to the BART Station. Well, at least my thigh muscles were no longer sore; but my shins were still somewhat sore. At first, I wanted to board the train at the Montgomery BART Train Station but changed my mind when I realized that the train would be near-capacity if I board it there. So, I boarded the train at the Powell Street Station.

At the El Cerrito Del Norte BART Train Station, the # 80 SolTrans Bus arrived 10 minutes late. It was supposed to be there by 12:25 p.m. So, of course, it meant that I would miss my transfer to the # 4 SolTrans Bus!

Sure enough, when the # 80 bus got to the Vallejo Transfer Center ( VCT ), the # 4 had already left. But that gave me time to use the restroom and to walk across the street to the Vallejo Main Post Office to pick-up my "vacation hold" mail. And I had additional time to do more of my Zhunti Mantra--which is always good--until the # 4 arrived at 2:00 p.m.

I got home close to 2:30 p.m. I rested for just a few minutes because I had some stuff to do.

Then, I drove to the MetroPCS Center on Sonoma Boulevard, here in Vallejo, to pay a monthly on my cellphone service. I then went to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet to have lunch and to buy a "quick-pick" for the Powerball. And I drove to Benicia, CA, to check my work schedule for the following week.

And I decided to see Arnold Schwarzenegger's movie, SABOTAGE, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 4:45 p.m. show.

-

Which I liked, by the way, although it had some "plot holes".

*

No comments:

Post a Comment