Saturday, April 5, 2014

FRIDAY, APRIL 4TH, 2014 = SAN FRANCISCO VACATION

REUNION, 4TH DAY

I finally had a good 8 hours worth of sleep last night--about time, too!

Then my day started with me eating the second half of the foot-long Subway Sandwich that my cousin dropped-off at my hotel room last night while I was busy "Facebooking" yesterday' events. I ate the first half of the sandwich last night but I was too full to eat the second half--imagine that, me, Mr. Pig-Out Man, who loves to eat at buffets 3 to 5 times a week! Ha, ha, ha.

My cousin wanted to know on Facebook if I would like to join them for breakfast today. But I already had the 2nd half of the sandwich waiting for me and it would be a waste of a perfectly good sandwich to just throw it away. They had in mind to go try out the Posh Bagel Shop on Sutter Street, between Grant Avenue and Kearney Streets, the bagel shop that I frequent whenever I am in the area. I hope they like the place.

Last night, I also asked my cousin if they would like to see a movie with me today, the CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER movie showing at the AMC METREON 16 on Fourth Street. He said that his wife and daughters want to go shopping today.

I will just meet with them later so that we could join my sister and her family for dinner down at the Fisherman's Wharf.

So, I went down to AMC METREON 16 to see CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER. I will need to do a separate entry on this movie because I need to see it again to further scrutinize it. But, overall, my first impression of it is that it's a good movie. It is a definite "must-see!" And stay 'til after the Ending Credits because there is a Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits and another one after the Ending Credits is over.

After seeing the movie, I stopped by the 7-Eleven on Sutter Street near the corner of Kearney Street to buy a half-litre of 7-Eleven bottled water, a Kombucha Guava, a banana and 2 pieces of mini tacos. 

I stopped by the hotel to leave my stuff behind. Then, I went to Chinatown to check-out a discount store, the Discount Imports. Then, I went to the Chinatown branch of Bank of America directly across the street from Discount Imports to withdraw some money. And I went to the Eastern Bakery a short distance away to buy some snacks.

-

I ate some of the snacks that I bought while I sat at the bench outside the bakery.

Later on, after I had taken a shower, I went back to Chinatown to buy a varsity-style jacket 'cause I liked the way it looked.

This is where I bought my jacket.
-

And this is the jacket that I bought for $21.74, including tax ( and 11 cents for the plastic bag to put my purchase in? ).
-

I looked for the Buddhist Nun but there was no sign of her anywhere. And I couldn't find a Buddhist Monk, either. Someday, eventually, I hope to be able to donate the $60.00 I had promised to donate to their Gold Mountain Sagely Monastery.

The following is a copy of my most recent Facebook post. And since I copied and pasted it from my Facebook page, the paragraphs and sentences will not be properly formatted and I don't want to go through all of the hassle just to correct it. I will just leave it "as-is"!

At a little after 5:30 p.m., I took my cousin, Alan, and his family back to Fisherman's Wharf via the Bay 

& Taylor Streets Cable Car. It was good to know that both cable car routes were operational today. 

We went there to meet with my sister and her family so that we could all have dinner at the Alioto's 

Restaurant. And just about everyone had a side order of Clam Chowder. Midway through our dinner, I 

told everyone that I had to Facebook my sister in Michigan because I have to file a nightly report with 

her. And I Facebooked my brother to see if he could meet with our cousin sometime this weekend 

since our cousin, Alan, and his family will still be staying here in San Francisco all weekend long--and 

don't think that my brother ( at one year of age ) and our cousin ( at four years of age ) had even met 

over 48 years ago ( at least, not to my knowledge ). At this dinner get-together, it was also the first 

time that my sister and our cousin finally met again after over 48 years; and it was nice to see all of 

our nieces acquainting themselves with each other for the first time ever. And one of my sister's 

daughters brought along Andrew, a male friend, who was quite amicable and gentlemanly in nature. 

After dinner, we had ice cream dessert at the Ghirardelli Square Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop. A 

waitress tipped over one of the ice cream cups while the other waitress brought the wrong ice cream 

for my sister; and we didn't get enough spoons. And our cousin Alan looked dismayed at the size of 

his ice cream dessert since the portion sizes in this country tend to be BIGGER than what he and his 

family are accustomed to back in the Philippines. Can you say, "Super-Size us!"? Ha, ha, ha. But, 

overall, a good time was had by everyone as we reestablished our familial bond at both Alioto's and 

Ghirardelli. Finally, it was time to say, "Goodnight and goodbye." We boarded a cable car at Hyde & 

Beach Streets. It was almost 10:00 p.m. when we got back to our hotel. Here are the photos of today's 

family reunion:


I took this photo at the end of the line at Taylor and Bay Streets. After I took this picture, a blonde girl asked me to also take a picture of her and her friend ( another blonde ), using her I-Phone.
-


We met with my sister here at Alioto's Restaurant. I copied this picture from the Internet.
-


I took this picture and the one below it inside Alioto's Restaurant.
-


-


This picture and the one below it where snapped inside the Ghirardelli Square Ice Cream and Chocolate Shop, on the top floor.
-


I don't know who the bespectacled guy with a mustache and wearing the black shirt is. Maybe the guy in the previous photo is a shape-shifter who shifted into this form. Yup, I think that about explains it. Ha, ha, ha.
-


-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment