Tuesday, April 10, 2018

BAAGHI 2, NR ( 2 hr & 17 min )

-

I went to the MAYA CINEMAS, in Pittsburg, CA, yesterday, Monday, April 9th, 2018, to see the 7:30 p.m. showing of this movie in auditorium 6, row 4, seat 6. The price of admission was $10.00. And I bought a medium drink and a medium popcorn for $11-something.

Quickie Review:   A soldier gets an urgent call from his ex-girlfriend. And a complicated mystery soon unravels surrounding the disappearance of a little girl.

---------------------------------

This is Bollywood's answer to Rambo but with more over-the-top action sequences. It's a good enough action movie if you just ignore the "logic potholes".      🤓

----------------------------------

I decided to see this movie in Pittsburg because it's not showing in Richmond, CA.

I have never been to Pittsburg before. And this is the second MAYA CINEMAS that I have been to. If you recall, I went to a Maya Cinemas in Bakersfield, CA, about 10 years ago.

I had to rely on my Samsung Galaxy J-3 Luna Pro's free GPS app to help me with my travel.

I saw a homeless encampment along the freeway on my way to Pittsburg.    😮

And I took the wrong exit because my GPS said, "Take Exit 26." Even though the exit sign said, Willow Pass Road! I soon found myself on a lonely stretch of country road---Well, at least I now know what is at the opposite end of Concord's Willow Pass Road! Upon closer examination, I realized that my GPS was on "preview mode"! What kind of idiot, with a stupid sense of humor, would even think of putting a "preview mode" program on a GPS device? I wasted time and gas because of it!   😡

I eventually arrived at my intended destination after another wrong turn. Next time, I will navigate doing it "old school" style: With A Map!    👍

-

The theatre is on Century Boulevard because, at one time, it used to be a CENTURY CINEMAS.

And I really don't know why Century sold this theatre to Maya because it is in a very nice shopping center with LOTS of Eateries.  😋 .   But no buffet restaurant, though   ☹️ . None that I noticed, anyway.    😕

I will have to come back here more often even though it is over 23 miles away from where I live.   😊

-

No comments:

Post a Comment