Thursday, May 30, 2019

CHANDIGARH, AMRITSAR, CHANDIGARH/MUKLAWA/ALADDIN

NR ( 1 hr & 47 min ) 1:30 p.m. show. Auditorium 12, seat C-7 
A girl from Chandigarh ( Sargun Mehta ) goes to Amritsar to call-off a wedding to an unknown groom. She ends up spending a complicated day with Rajveer ( Gippy Gerwal ), an Amritsar boy.

-

NR ( 2 hr & 5 min ) 4:20 p.m. show. Auditorium 15, seat C-7 
It was a tradition back in the day for the bride to stay with her family for up to a year after her marriage. And the groom was not allowed to even be in his bride's village for the whole duration, let alone get a glimpse of her face. But Shinda ( Ammy Virk ) is determined to be with his new wife, Taaro ( Sonam Bajwa ).

-

PG ( 2 hr & 8 min ) 7:30 p.m. show. Auditorium  7, seat B-9
Aladdin ( Mena Massoud ), a street-wise thief, joins forces with a wise-cracking Genie ( Will Smith ) to save Princess Jasmine's ( Naomi Scott ) kingdom from the evil Jafar ( Marwan Kenzari ).

-

I went to see these 3 movies in Richmond, CA, on Tuesday, May 28th, 2019, at the Century 16 Hilltop. The price of admission for each show was $5.75. And I bought a 20.0 oz bottle of Dasani Water ( $4.35 ) for the 1st two shows and a discount soda ( $4:00 ) & a discount popcorn ( $4.50 ) for the 3rd show.

******************************************

I had lunch first at the Yome Garden Buffet Restaurant, a few blocks away. This is the only chinese restaurant that I know of that doesn't give anyone a fortune cookie! What's up with that?!?!?!    😠

There were only 3 people, I and a white couple, that came to watch this Chandigarh, Amritsar movie.

But the Muklawa movie was almost packed! Only the front row was unoccupied.  The audience liked this movie.

The Aladdin movie was even more packed, with some front row seats taken! The audience gave this movie a "Hands Clapper" ending.

In between the 2 Bollywood ( Pollywood? ) movies, I lay down on a hallway bench to stretch and lengthen my spine because of my lower back problem. After I was done, I started to sit up and, right away, I pulled a muscle! I've been on disability for 5 months now. I will have to have another month added to my disability leave. On the bright side, I am within 6 to 5 inches from touching the floor with my fingertips. Back in January & February, I couldn't even get closer than 12 inches to touching the floor!

There was a really long line at the concessions counter when I stood in the queue for my discount popcorn and discount soda before the start of the Aladdin movie. There were about 40 people ahead in line of me. When I got my popcorn, the line had gotten much longer. I think that there were about 80 people standing patiently in line. I asked the movie patron behind me if this was normal for a Discount Tuesday evening. He said that it was! Note To Myself: Bring snacks with you if you go see movies at the Century 16 Hilltop on Bargain Tuesdays! I swear, it doesn't get anywhere this bad on a Bargain Tuesday at the Century 14 Vallejo.

While watching the Aladdin movie, I couldn't help but wonder why Jasmine kept calling her pet tiger, "Roger."   πŸ˜•    Over an hour later, I realized that I was hearing it wrong ( perhaps? ). Raja was the name, as it turned out!    πŸ˜€    I need to do a better job of cleaning-out my πŸ‘‚ ears πŸ‘‚!     πŸ€£ 🀣 🀣

I guess that you can call today my "Turban Tuesday Movies" day.    πŸ˜‰



-

No comments:

Post a Comment