Thursday, May 30, 2019

TOLKIEN, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 52 min )/STUDENT OF THE YEAR 2, NR ( 2 hr & 25 min )


I went to see these movies on Tuesday, May 14th, 2019, in Richmond, CA, for the 2:15 p.m. Tolkien show in auditorium 13, 3rd row, column 8; and the Student Of The Year 2 for the 6:20 p.m. show in auditorium 12, 3rd row, column 7. The price of admission for each  one was $5.75. And I bought just one 20.0 oz bottle of Dasani Water for $4.35 at the concessions counter for both movies.

-

The Tolkien movie was fascinating to watch as it recounts Tolkien's life prior to his world-wide fame as the Lord Of The Rings writer. A definite must-see for Tolkien fans!    πŸ‘

-

Ronan ( Tiger Shroff ) switches colleges to be with his long-time girlfriend, Mia ( Tara Sutaria ). He is not well-received by his new, rich classmates. He is expelled and goes back to his old college to lead a sports team in an inter-collegiate competition.

I liked it. But the love triangle was hard to believe.   πŸ˜•

I hated the bitchy co-ed, Shreya ( Ananya Panday ), at first.   πŸ˜     But, at the end, I was rooting for her!    πŸ‘Œ


******************************************


I never saw STUDENT OF THE YEAR 1. I asked a Hindu acquaintance of mine if I could watch it on-line. He said that it should be on YouTube. It is. But ... it's not English subtitled.    ☹️    I think that I'll give it a try since Bollywood movies usually have English dialogue sprinkled here and there.

I had lunch first at the Yome Garden Buffet Restaurant a few blocks away before I went to see these movies. The main waitress at this restaurant is a plain-looking, skinny chinese lady in her 40s or 50s. She would usually wear a loose fitting black shirt and black pants, as chinese waiters and waitresses are wont to wear. But today was different: She wore a tight pair of black pants and a tight-fitting white T-shirt. And--DAMN--did she look hot!  😲    Even if just from the neck down.    😜   My eyeballs couldn't help but bounce along and follow the amply-endowed milf waitress all over the dining room!    🀣 🀣 🀣   I am sure that you've all heard of this expression before, "Undress her with your eyes." Well, suffice it to say that---Never mind!     πŸ˜ˆ

After the movie, I went to the nearby 99-Cent Only Store to buy some snacks and some TV dinners.


-

No comments:

Post a Comment