Sunday, August 14, 2011

30 MINUTES OR LESS, R ( 1 hr & 23 min )

Sorry for this crappy-looking snapshot.  I set my digital camera for "night scenery" before I took this shot.  And it still came out crappy!


where:  BRENDEN VACAVILLE 16 in Vacaville, CA
when:  Friday, August 12th, 2011
show:  9:40 p.m.
costs:  $10.75 Ticket + $4.75 medium Root Beer = $15.50
auditorium:  1
seat:  5th row, 10th column

synopsis/overview:  Two wannabe criminal masterminds think that they found themselves the perfect fall guy when they force Nick ( Jesse Eisenberg ), a pizza delivery loser-guy, to rob a bank for them by strapping a bomb to his chest.  But things get complicated when Nick enlists the aid of his estranged friend, Chet ( Aziz Ansari ), and when an impatient professional hit-man steps into the picture.

noteworthy scenes: 1.) "You're two towns away"; 2.) The "After" kiss; 3.) 3-D movie; 4.) "I know a little, a little about it from rap music"; 5.) "My twin sister"; 6.) Swimming pool; 7.) Money scheme; 8.) Step one; 9.) "Show your kicks"; 10.) "I liked that bear.  I don't even f--king know you"; 11.) School; 12.) "My impatient face"; 13.) "One condition"; 14.) Family Dollar; 15.) Code; 16.) "You told me not to mention it"; 17.) "Who is it"; 18.)  "There's only, like, four Indian families who live in Grand Rapids"; 19.) Goodbye; 20.) Euphemism; 21.) 5-Hour Energy Drink; 22.) Bank; 23.) Money bag; 24.) "We're not friends no more"; 25.) Cop; 26.) Car chase; 27.) "Where's the code"; 28.) "You're a bad person"; 29.) "Where's the leverage"; 30.) "Get me out of the car"; 31.) Movie phone; 32.) Pawn; 33.) "That's right.  Sh-t just got real for you, slum-dog"; 34.) Pen gun; 35.) "You're a pimp"; 36.) Map; 37.) "Bank robbers make 'Bank'"; 38.) "She's just wasting my minutes"; 39.) The secret code; 40.) "You came back for me"; 41.) "That's what she said"; 42.) The loaded money pack; and 43.) Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:  The audience laughed all through the movie.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too.  Go see it if you're into adult comedies.

spoiler alert!  How in hell did an Indian guy with an Indian name, Chet, end-up with a twin sister with an European name, Kate ( Dilshad Vadsaria )?  That car would have their fingerprints all over it.  When they got on the bus, neither one bothered to take the time to pay for the fare but the bus rolled-on anyway.  Why couldn't Travis ( Nick Swardson ) take-off the flame-thrower pack?

fyi:  The flame-thrower hasn't been a part of the US Military Forces' arsenal since 1978 because  it was deemed inhumane.

Domino's Pizza started the "30 minutes or less" delivery craze.  But they had to stop it eventually because their delivery guys would always get into an accident.

One time back when I was a dental lab tech, my co-workers and I gathered around the table for lunch when a female co-worker started a conversation while she was still chewing on her food.  A senior lab tech, Chris, said, "Don't talk with your mouth full."  There was an uncomfortable silence.  To break the ice, so to speak, I cut-in with, That's what  she said last night!  And I slapped Chris on his left arm.  Then, everybody laughed, including the female co-worker.

word of advice:  Crime doesn't pay.

tidbits:  I had to see this movie after I saw FINAL DESTINATION 5 because I wanted my evening to end on a lighter and happier note.

When I was using a toilet stall in the men's room before the movie, two young guys came in to use the urinals.  And one guy said to his friend, "I hate it when I use a urinal and there's, like, 30 urinals and a guy comes in and uses the urinal next to the one I'm using."  And that's exactly why I prefer to use a toilet stall, instead.

Special Announcement:  I would like to  take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in ...

Luxembourg

Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie blogsite.


No comments:

Post a Comment