Sunday, August 14, 2011

FINAL DESTINATION 5, R I-MAX 3-D ( 1 hr & 35 min )




where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX in Fairfield, CA
when:  Friday, August 12th, 2011
show:  7:00 p.m.
costs:  $17.50 Ticket + $12.87 dinner ( + $2.00 Tip ) @ Great Moon Buffet before the show = $32.37
auditorium:  12, with the I-Max screen
seat:  5th row, 7th seat


synopsis/overview:  Friends and co-workers meet their inevitable demise in gory ways.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) Bridge; 2.) Sailboat; 3.) "How did you know"; 4.) High winds; 5.) "Did he just say my name"; 6.) "Death does not like to be cheated"; 7.) "You're the one thing I care about"; 8.) Gymnastics practice; 9.) "You were so naughty"; 10.) Ming Yun Spa; 11.) Broken picture; 12.) "Thirty minutes, you sleep"; 13.) Buddha; 14.) The weird coroner, Bludworth ( Tony Todd ); 15.) Laser Eye Surgery; 16.) Laser malfunction; 17.) Eyeball; 18.) "Three.  That's a pattern"; 19.) Hooked; 20.) "Wasn't he dead already"; 21.) Wrench; 22.) Internship; 23.) "I couln't kill somebody who didn't deserve to die"; 24.) Skewered; 25.) Panic attack; and 26.) "Life's a Bitch."

audience reaction:  The audience was really into this movie, screaming every now and then and, at times, laughing at some scenes.  A woman sitting two seats to the right of me was too squeamish to see the death scenes, she would cover her eyes whenever a death scene was about to pop-up.  And a girl sitting three seats to the left of me said at the end of the movie, "Hell, no.  That was a good movie.  Damn!"

recommendation:  Too predictably gory for me.  I hope that this franchise has reached its "final destination" with this latest installment.  What's next, FACES OF DEATH, the movie?  Anyway, go see this if you  delight in watching mostly good-looking young adults die  horrifically gory deaths; and pray that the same thing doesn't happen to you.

spoiler alert!  In the vision scene, a bridge worker was looking down when the bridge started cracking beside him and he never saw it, he never heard it and he never reacted to it.  Don't tell me the janitor never noticed that badly frayed cord.  The only way that that screw could have landed the way it did on the balance beam was if a very powerful magnet was attached to the under-side of the Balance Beam.  She fell from the Uneven Bars onto a MAT--making the end result unbelievable!  I saw a YouTube video of a skateboarder who fell from a rail and onto a CONCRETE pavement in exactly the same way the gymnast did, but he walked away from it without so much as hurting his back or breaking a bone! Drinking on the job--yeah, right ....  Those acupuncture needles would never cause that kind of bleeding, even from such a fall, simply because the flesh would form a tight seal around each needle upon insertion.  I think that lasers used for eye surgery have built-in safety measures like Automatic Shutdowns and Maximum Permissible Exposure safety limits.  Buildings are fitted with  Safety Glass windows in this country.  There was no way for the eyeball to pop-out like that, especially considering how she landed.  The oil started bubbling as soon as he turned-on the deep fryers--Bull! those things had probably been off for at least an hour before the restaurant closed for the evening.  I don't think that the rotisserie spit-rod prongs were long enough to have stuck out like that.  I thought Molly ( Emma Bell ) was not on Death's list.

How come nobody died while engaged  in a passionate and/or really kinky sex act?  Why didn't anybody die a boring death or, at least, just die peacefully in his/her sleep?  I mean, all the deaths that this FINAL DESTINATION franchise showed were all horrific, violent and/or bloody.  Nobody even died laughing or died of embarassment!  Come on, now ....

fyi:  I don't think modern-day bridges are susceptible to such spectacular "Epic Fails" anymore.  I remember watching a black-and-white film documentary many years ago in my Physics class.  The movie was about a new suspension bridge that just opened-up for traffic.  High winds buffeted the bridge to the point that it just moved around in a wave-like fashion until it snapped and collapsed!  To see steel cables, steel beams and cement move around like that before the bridge collapsed was a very dumbfounding and humbling experience for me.  I think it was Increased Wave Amplitude Modulation which caused the bridge's collapse.

But you don't even need high winds to collapse a  bridge.  If you can get an army of foot soldiers to march across a bridge in  Lock-Step fashion, that will be sufficient enough to collapse the bridge.  Of course, modern-day foot soldiers would know better than to march across any bridge--or, so, I'd hope--for the same reason as mentioned in the previous paragraph!

Either way, I believe modern-day suspension bridges are built to be more resistant to collapse due to Increased Wave Amplitude Modulation.  Note:  I didn't say, Collapse-Proof.

From what I learned in my study of  Introductory Iridology, Olivia's ( Jacqueline Macinness Wood ) Iris has spots that are symptomatic of illicit drug use.  Bad girl.  I should lay her across my lap and spank her bare bottom.

That Tom Cruise look-alike, Peter ( Miles Fisher ),  was annoying to watch, just because ....

word of advice:  Go with your "Gut Feeling".

Life's a Bitch--and, then, you marry one!  ( Ha, ha, ha--Snort! )

tidbits:  Before going to the movies, I swung by the CSAA to drop-off a payment on my car insurance.  Then, I drove two blocks to the local Postal Annex to send a package to my sister in Grand Rapids, MI.



I wanted to go to Brenden in Vacaville to see 30 MINUTES OR LESS first.  But I changed my mind at the last minute because the traffic was congested.  Then, I decided to have a burger at MacDonald's Restaurant at the WestField Solano Mall before the movie, but I missed the  exit.  So, at the next light, I just turned left to head on to the Great Moon Buffet where I could only force myself to eat a little over two plates' full.  ( Yup, my "all-I-can-eat" days are coming to an end! 'Just as well, I need to lose weight anyway. )



Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in ...

Mozambique

Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie blogsite.


No comments:

Post a Comment