Sunday, August 21, 2011

FRIGHT NIGHT 3-D, R ( 2 hr & 0 min )

This is probably the best of all the night-time photos that I've taken with my digital camera, so far. 



where:  UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when:  Thursday, August 18ht, 2011
show:  9:30 p.m.
costs:  $14.00 Ticket + $0.00 small Popcorn ( Free on movie watcher rewards card ) + $4.75 small Zero Sprite + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $23.75
auditorium:  3, with the 3-D screen
seat:  6th row, 11th column

synopsis/overview:  UGLY VAMPIRES NEED HUMAN BLOOD FOR THEIR "BEAUTY TREATMENTS"

A high school teen, Charley ( Anton Yelchin ), lives with his mom, Jane ( Toni Collette ), next door to a new, mysterious neighbor, Jerry ( Colin Farrell ).  Then, his classmates start disappearing one by one.  Convinced that his neighbor is actually a vampire, Charley, consults with a stage magician, Peter Vincent ( David Tennant ), on how to best  eliminate the problem.


noteworthy scenes:  1.)  Master bedroom; 2.) "Don't look at the neighbors"; 3.) "Rock-solid game"; 4.) Missing classmates; 5.) Stretch Armstrong; 6.) "Is my mom flirting"; 7.) "New neighbor"; 8.) Vampire; 9.) Cardboard cut-out; 10.) "... I stopped being friends with you"; 11.) "Nerve juice"; 12.) "I've been watching you"; 13.) "It's a gift"; 14.) Home movie; 15.) Roll call; 16.) "Jerry Diaries"; 17.) Five-pack beer; 18.) "Neglect ... gives off a scent"; 19.) "Go-go dancer"; 20.) Scream; 21.) Snooping around; 22.) Secret room; 23.) Daytime surprise; 24.) Dangerous; 25.) Google; 26.) Library; 27.) Stage rehearsal; 28.) Honorary degree; 29.) Interview; 30.) "Carrots with machetes"; 31.) "Is that stake"; 32.) "Go get the authorities"; 33.) Vampire protection; 34.) "I don't need an invitation if there's no house"; 35.) Hit-and-run; 36.) "F--ked-up vampire"; 37.) "Catch you later"; 38.) Crucifix; 39.) "You were early again in the bedroom"; 40.) Exact match; 41.) Hospital; 42.) "I can help you"; 43.) "Mom's very religious"; 44.) "Snackers"; 45.) Delivery; 46.) Panic room; 47.) Security video; 48.) "I can hear you breathing"; 49.) Werewolves/Vampires; 50.) "Do it now"; 51.) Taste; 52.) Lax security; 53.) Realist; 54.) "Special stake"; 55.) Sporting goods store; 56.) "You get me drunk, I'll try anything"; 57.) "Welcome to Fright Night"; 58.) Nest; 59.) "F--king E-Bay"; 60.) "You missed"; 61.) "400 years of survival"; 62.) "You're turning"; 63.) "That's your plan"; 64.) Kiss; 65.) "That was a f--ked-up night"; and 66.) "Monster-free."

favorite scenes:  I liked the Century 21 Realty Sign scene.

And I liked the Werewolves/Vampires scene.

audience reaction:  The audience liked it.

recommendation:  It was silly fun for me.  Go see it in 3-D with your friends--it'd be more fun that way.

spoiler alert!  This movie is about eight minutes short of its advertised length, with a running time of approximately One hour and Fifty-two minutes, instead of Two hours.

Here's what I have observed about dogs: They bark at strangers and  they howl when they  see something spooky.  That damned dog neither barked nor howled--fire the animal  trainer!  So Ed ( Christopher Mintz-Plasse ) made it a strange habit to leave home at dawn and come back home after dark.  Maybe he could pull this off on school days without arousing his parents' suspicion--for a short time.  But what about on weekends ( and holidays ), didn't he have chores to do at home?  Why didn't Jerry sniff-out and/or hear Charley right away?  If somebody was walking around uninvited ( i.e. Trespassing ) in my backyard, heck, I'd call the cops in a heartbeat!  How did Jerry figure out exactly where the gas pipe was buried?  The cutter that Jerry used to cut the gas pipe would have generated a spark that would have ignited the gas all on its own.  There was no gas build-up inside the house at all since all the gas appliances were turned off ( it leaked outside in the backyard ); therefore, no Ka-Boomy!  Okay?  That vehicle was an SUV; so, if a vampire attacked me the same way while I was  driving an SUV on a road somewhere in the desert, I'd get off the road and drive on the desert's uneven terrain to dislodge it from my vehicle--plain and simple, like.  The SUV was hit from behind so why did its front airbags deploy?  They could have finished-off the vampire with more stakes!  Why didn't Charley just tell the cops to do a daytime investigation on the next-door neighbor's house, especially after what just happened to his house?  Didn't Jerry leave his fingerprints all over a bunch of evidence?  Oh, and it just so happened that the magician and the vampire shared a common past and, therefore, had to cross paths again in another continent!  That has got to  be THE MOST uncanny of all coincidences or THE WORST of all plot contrivances.  When Charley was bounced around in the basement, he should have ended up with broken ribs and what-not.

HERE'S YET ANOTHER PRACTICAL "HOW-TO" LESSON BY CINE-MAN:

HOW TO BE SAFE FROM VAMPIRE ATTACK AT NIGHT

So, vampires can be easily killed by sunlight.  That's the given.  Well, then, barricade yourself at home at night and invest in an electric generator ( to keep the vampires from tampering with your electricity ) and in a bunch of Sun Lamps that reproduce  the Sun's full-spectrum light!  And give new meaning to the saying, "We'll leave the light on for  you."  L.O.L!  You'll never have to worry anymore about whether or not they are invited over or just drop-in unannounced.  Stores have been selling lamps like this for many years now.  Why do you think Vampires are a dying  breed ...?  ( Damn, I'm just too smart for my own good sometimes.  No wonder Hollywood hates me. )

fyi:  I don't recall ever seeing the original.

I liked the 3-D effect in this movie.  The effect would come across in a subtle way but only to lull you into letting your guard down.  But, when it needed to, it was like--Look out--Duck!  I hate to admit it but I, Cine-Man, was fooled on a number of occasions to physically react to what was going on on the Big Screen ( 'usually doesn't happen to me ).

Any girl who walks around with a pair of pink, or whatever color, pants with wording printed on the derriere is a tacky trashy slut-bitch.  Because, come on, such a girl is obviously  advertising her "wares" to anyone and everyone who are not blind.  And the printed word is nothing more than just a way for such girls to quickly attract attention to that part of their anatomy.  What do such bitches expect us guys to do, go up to them and sniff their butts?  It doesn't do a damn thing for me other than completely turn me off  because I'm not a dog!

What's next, the words, "Camel Toe," printed on the crotch of their pants ...?  Yeah, like "I'd walk a mile for a Camel" toe.  Hah!  No way, Renee ....

Maybe, I should market a line of tight-fitting pants for guys with the words, "Cute Buns," printed across the back.  But, I don't know, it might be taken the wrong way and compromise the wearer's masculinity.  "Moose Knuckles" printed in front would be more manly, I think.  But who'd want to look at that, honestly ...?

Hey, remember over 10 years ago when somebody tried to capitalize on the famous line of  Jordache Jeans  by coming-up with a parody line called, "Lard-Ass Jeans"?  Well, that didn't pan-out--the entrepreneur lost the case in court.  Besides, why would some fat-ass woman try and draw attention to her "Lard-Ass" in the first place and just end-up being the "Butt" of people's jokes, if she isn't already?

Many years ago, back in Oakland, California, I worked for a die-casting place, Pressure Cast Products Corporation.  The building had two main rooms: The Trimming side and the Casting side.  It also had an office, a private nap room upstairs ( for the owner ), a machinist room, a dining area, a locker and a shower.

The casting side was where molten brass, aluminum and zinc were kept melted in crucibles which were right next to die-casting machines that an operator would ladle molten metal into to make die-cast products.  There were times when I had to work in that room.  And I hated it because it was hot like Hell--literally! And the molten metals easily made "Swiss Cheese" out of my overalls.

Anyway ....  One night, one of the supervisors was driving a forklift to transfer some molten brass ( the hottest of the three metals ) from one metal melting stove to another.  The gas pipe connected to the metal melting stove that he was driving to was broken.  He hit a bump on the floor and the molten brass in the crucible between the fork-blades spilled to the floor and splashed on the broken gas line!  Flame shot out of that gas pipe.  I was afraid that the whole place would blow-up--and I was there standing beside  a giant aluminum melting oven!  But flame just kept on shooting-out of the broken pipe until the supervisor climbed up the wall to shut-off the emergency gas valve.  ( Up a wall, what a stupid place to put the emergency shut-off valve! )  The point of this True Story is that  Charley's house should not have blown-up to smithereens since the gas never accumulated inside the house.

The first people in the world to have gas lanterns and gas stoves were the Chinese, according to an article I read many years ago.  Centuries ago, somewhere in China, some villagers hit on the idea of capping-off a natural gas source and connecting bamboo pipes to it that stretched all the way back to the village homes where the people kept the metal-tipped open ends ignited for night-time use and for cooking use.

Christopher Mintz-Plasse is really trying hard to shed his MacLovin image by taking-on Bad-Ass roles but ... his voice is still MacLovin it!  Ha, ha, ha.

word of advice:  Don't be a pain in the neck!

tidbits:  Early in the day, I went to the 99 Cent Only Store to buy a 70-sheet notebook to take on the plane with me next week so I can write down recipe notes to pass the time away.

Oops! wrong setting.  I forgot that my digital camera was in "Night Scenery" mode.
I took this photo of the 99 Cent Only Store company vehicle because of the witty notice printed on the left side of the hood:  "Driver carries 99 Cents Only."  Ha, ha, ha.

Another photo taken in the wrong setting.
Then, I went a few doors down to the Island Pacific Supermarket to buy some canned foods to take on my vacation trip with me.  I'll keep them in my luggage so the airport security won't confiscate them like they did to my can of Gandules ( Pidgeon Peas ) 14 1/2 months ago when I kept it in my carry-on bag!

Yet another shot taken in the wrong setting!
I went to Benicia, CA, to my place of employment to pick-up my cheque  and to make a deposit at BofA and at Chase Bank.  And to order a book of cheques at Chase Bank.  I also ran into a friend, Melanie, at the store.  She told me that she was going to Virginia because her sister just had a baby.  I told her that I was going to Michigan in 10 days' time, too.

Then, I went to Hector's place in Oakland, CA, to return the audio book on CD that his daughter had lent to me.  The book, SON OF HAMAS,  is about a Palestinian terrorist, Mosab Hassan Yousef,  who converted to Christianity.  I only listened to the opening paragraphs of each of the first six of the seven CD set the night before when I made a copy of the set on my computer.  I did listen to the 7th CD, though.  And I can't wait to listen to the rest of it with my sister, my  brother-in-law and my niece when we go on a long road trip in Michigan and to Indiana.

While at Hector's place, I asked him if the Chinese  bitch next door actually apologized last Saturday about what she did to my car.  Hector admitted that he just lied to me about it.  In that case, the Yogic curses are still in effect.  And for lying to me, I now put a curse on my friend, Hector.  First thing tomorrow morning, after he wakes up and looks at his face in the mirror, he will have the sudden realization that he is just a Puerto Rican!  That will teach him not to lie to me ever again.

Then, I cooked Arroz con Salchichas de Pollo ( 'sounds exotic and fancy but it is just a "dollar-store-bought-ingredients dish"  ) for everybody.

After dinner, I headed-on to the CVS Drugstore at the Rockridge Shopping Center in uptown Oakland to see my former co-workers.  But most of them were not scheduled for work that evening.  I did a little shopping, though, and bought a spool of khaki sewing thread for my sewing machine and a couple of mouthwashes.

After the movie and before going home, I went to the Super Wal-Mart in American Canyon, CA, to buy a loaf of bread to take on the plane with me--I ain't payin' for on-flight meals or snacks and I ain't plannin' on going hungry either!  But, actually, I wanted to buy Grandpa's Oven Blueberry Bread since it is baked in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and my sister in Grand Rapids has never heard of it.  Can you believe that?  She'll like it, I'm sure, once she has tasted it.  But they were out of it.  I'll just go back in a few days to buy it.  I did buy a can of smoked oysters, a can of smoked clams, and a Red Velvet Ice Cream ( I only buy ice cream if  I haven't had a particular flavor, yet ).  And, yes, the smoked oysters and clams are going to Michigan with me because I want to show my sister how to cook a dish using such ingredients.


No comments:

Post a Comment