Friday, August 26, 2011

SPY KIDS: ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD 4-D, PG ( 1 hr & 29 min )




where:  EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX
when:  Thursday, August 25th, 2011
show:  9:00 p.m.
costs:  $15.00 Ticket + $6.25 Nachos + $0.00 small Zero Sprite ( free on movie watcher rewards card ) = $21.25
auditorium:  8, with the 3-D screen
seat:  4th row, 5th seat

synopsis/overview:  A retired secret agent, Marissa Cortez Wilson ( Jessica Alba ),  is forced to come out of retirement when her arch nemesis resurfaces.  Her family "takes the back seat" when the whole world is imperiled.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) Contraction; 2.) Fight; 3.) TV show; 4.) "Where'd the time go"; 5.) Creepy dog; 6.) The Armageddon device; 7.) Suspicious step-daughter; 8.) Practical joker; 9.) Booby trap; 10.) "Completely out of time in no time"; 11.) The Chronos Sapphire; 12.) Another prank; 13.) "Imminent attack"; 14.) Panic room; 15.) English accent; 16.) Barf bags; 17.) Aunt; 18.) The Old Spy Kids Division; 19.) "We shall not speak of him"; 20.) Annihilate;  21.) Dog tricks; 22.) Anagram; 23.)  Butt-head; 24.) "She's a lot like you"; 25.) Giant clock; 26.) Regret; 27.) "That will stop your clock"; 28.) "Fire-up the gadgets"; 29.) Attack mode; 30.) Apology; 31.) Video; 32.) Spy detected; 33.) "Family reunion"; 34.) Time-out; 35.) "Nice watch"; 36.) "Incredible coincidence"; 37.) Trap; 38.) "Freeze transmitter"; 39.) "You've been activated"; 40.) "Unfreeze her"; 41.) "Quicksand"; 42.) "Now you've seen my dark side"; 43.) Emergency call; 44.) "What's with the Jazz Hands"; 45.) The boy frozen in time; 46.) Father; 47.) Hard time; 48.) The "Eyebrow"; 49.) "Gotcha"; 50.) Spy baby; and 51.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:  There was only a family of four in the auditorium with me.  And I guess that their two brats liked this movie.

recommendation:  This movie was rather "lame" to me.  It is aimed at little brats.  You know, the ones who are into "Bathroom Humor".  Older, spoiled brats might get too busy texting on their cellphones to pay any attention to what might be happening on the Big Screen.

spoiler alert!  Why didn't the other cars end up with flat tires?  The fireplace changed.  If the Armageddon device speeds-up Time, why didn't the Sun and Moon cycles get affected?  Do news crews still use VHS tapes?  The action scenes in this movie are too cartoonish, which is obviously okay  to the little brats whose eyes are glued daily to cartoon shows on TV at home when Daddy and/or Mommy simply want some "personal time-out" to themselves.

fyi:  There are only two reasons why I decided to go see this movie: # 1. Jessica Alba and # 2.) 4-D, since I've never seen such an one before.  Gad ... the gimmicks they bait jaded movie-goers with these days!  I swear ....



I taped this card onto my hallway wall to take a photo of it on both sides.  But I had my digital camera on "Fluorescent" setting instead of on "Incandescent" setting.  'Sorry for the crappy-looking shots.
But this "Aroma-Scope" doesn't even work--all the numbered spots smelled the same, pretty much, except for # 7, which had a disagreeable scent to it.  Or, maybe, I was supposed to use a different finger for each numbered spot.  Maybe ....

I was hoping that they'd have a "scratch and sniff" numbered spot for whenever Jessica Alba was on-screen.  I guess some idiot forgot to put that one in--yet another reason why Hollywood should have consulted with me, Cine-Man, first!

word of advice:  Time is precious.

tidbits:  'Remember the 10 old eggs that I boiled a few days ago?  Well, I just ate the last one today, Thursday, for breakfast--and it was good, not spoiled at all.

Then, I went to the Main Post Office here in Vallejo, CA, to put a Vacation Hold on my mail delivery.  And I went to get my paychecks and do some last-minute shopping for my trip.  Oh, and I bought $42.oo worth of lottery tickets in the hope that I can make my vacation a permanent one, instead.  Ha, ha, ha.  Ah, wouldn't that be nice though ....

When I got home, I finally replaced the flapper in my  toilet tank, thinking that that was the reason for the leak problem.  I was wrong.  It was actually the water level adjuster that was causing the leak into the toilet bowl.  I tried adjusting it myself, but I couldn't fix it.  I think that the whole water level adjuster assembly needs to be replaced since it has been in the tank for "God only knows how long."  I will have to have a plumber replace that when I get back home from vacation since I don't know how to do it myself; and, being that I live in a multi-unit building, I don't have personal access to the main water shut-off valve.  So, I don't really have the luxury of learning how to fix it as I go along even if I wanted to.

Oh, the THINGS that I could do--and would do--if I had possession of a "Freeze transmitter"!  Heh, heh, heh.

On the drive to the theatre in Fairfield, CA, and on the drive back home, my Hyundai Accent's engine was smoking because the mechanic who fixed the valve cover gasket leak didn't do a good job of it.  I had to roll down the driver's side window and close the air vents because of all that foul smoke.

I took my car back to Wheel Works here in Vallejo, CA, first thing in the morning the next day, Friday.  It turned out that the problem was a Cracked valve cover which was made out of--get ready for this ... PLASTIC!  What dumb-ass South Korean automotive engineer gave the go-ahead to use a plastic cover on a car engine?  I would like to meet with him so that I can punch him so hard that he'll end up flying clear across the border into North Korea and land on Kim Jong-il's lap.

I will have to have my Hyundai Accent's valve cover taken care of when I come back home from vacation.  Yet another reason why I love my Geo Metro so much!


Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in these countries:


Bahrain and Belarus


Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie blogsite.



No comments:

Post a Comment