Wednesday, August 17, 2011

THE CHANGE-UP, R ( 1 hr & 52 min )

Another crappy-looking night-time scenery courtesy of Moi!  I had better stop taking night-time pictures or, better yet,  invest in a better-quality digital camera.  This picture is of UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10, by the way.

where:  UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA
when:  Sunday, August 14th, 2011
show:  10:20 p.m.
costs:  $0.00 Ticket ( Free on movie watcher rewards card ) + $4.75 small Zero Sprite + $5.00 Carquinez Bridge Toll = $9.75
auditorium:  9
seat:  3rd row, 6th column


synopsis/overview:  An overworked lawyer, Dave ( Jason Bateman ), and his slacker friend, Mitch ( Ryan Reynolds ), envy each other's lifestyle.  But, when they get the opportunity to switch places, they soon find out that things are not always what they seem.


noteworthy scenes:  1.) "Peter, we talked about the "Head" thing"; 2.) In the mouth shot; 3.) "Double Windsor"; 4.) Speaker phone; 5.) "Go fix your hair"; 6.) "I dated her mouth for a full semester"; 7.) Retarded; 8.) "Just say, No, Reagan"; 9.) "I miss this"; 10.) Wishing fountain; 11.) Wish fulfilled; 12.) Missing; 13.) Switched roles; 14.) Grocery store; 15.) Chair; 16.) Merger deal; 17.) Film set; 18.) Thumb; 19.) "Always solve your problems with violence"; 20.) Vibrator; 21.) Three balls; 22.) "What, you don't have sex on Tuesdays"; 23.) Poem; 24.) Dinner song; 25.) "I smell a skunk"; 26.) "Just go to a hospital"; 27.) "Go hose it down or something"; 28.) "Three o'clock in the morning"; 29.) "Is that weird"; 30.) Kitchen; 31.) "Formal information request"; 32.) "Temporary rough patch"; 33.) Freckles; 34.) "Quitting is not an option in this one"; 35.) Run-through of Duties and Responsibilities; 36.) Sexual harassment; 37.) Jedi knight; 38.) "New Mitch" montage; 39.) "That's my daughter, bitches"; 40.) "New Dave" montage; 41.) Shave; 42.) Dinner date; 43.) "Hey, guys, we're sight-seeing now"; 44.) "Things change"; 45.) Anniversary party; 46.) "It's been moved"; 47.) "Are you breaking-up with me"; 48.) "We can wait"; 49.) "Did you forget something"; 50.) Stood-up; 51.) "I can write you a note"; 52.) "Ted ... doesn't hurt to ask"; 53.) Final offer; 54.) Agreement; 55.) "Tonight, you can be happy"; 56.) "Reminds me of high school"; 57.) "We're here to have fun"; 58.) New partner; 59.) "I didn't earn this"; 60.) "I want to go home"; 61.) "Newest partner"; 62.) "I know it's weird.  Just go with it"; 63.) Peach Tree Galleria; 64.) Atoms; 65.) Mitch's new tattoo; 66.) Apologies; 67.) Wedding; 68.) "Really"; and 69.) Bonus Scene during the Ending Credits.

audience reaction:  There were only three of us in the auditorium.  And the couple, seated two rows behind me, liked the movie.

recommendation:  I liked this movie, too. It made me laugh every now and then.  Go see this movie if you're into adult humor.

spoiler alert!  If that "thing" shot into my mouth, I'd throw-up at the very least!  The exposed breasts in this movie didn't look real to me: Uneven flesh tone, too firm, no stretch marks, no freckles, no "Sway" or "Bounce" to them and no "Gentle Slope" at all.  Sure enough, when I got home, I googled these ogled breasts and found out that they were just digitally-made body parts.  They should have hired the services of Cine-Man to act as their one-and-only FBI agent ( Female Breasts Inspector ) in charge of quality control--I'd be heck of good at it!   Why didn't Sabrina ( Olivia Wilde ), a supposed lawyer, file a Sexual Harassment Lawsuit and get millions--and not have to work anymore--out of it?  The way that they held their own penises while they were urinating into the fountain looked like they were pinching the tips--a good way to get your own piss all over your hand and pants!  Guys don't pee that way ( and you couldn't even see either one ).  Some of those people who witnessed the public spectacle in the shopping mall had cellphones with cameras.  'Remember one of the characters in HORRIBLE BOSSES who ended-up becoming a Registered Sex Offender simply for peeing in public?   Well, these two guys would end-up the same way, too, after their antic gets uploaded to YouTube.  If I ever wind-up inside of another man's body, that man's personal hygiene can just go to Hell since I won't be touching his private parts at all!

fyi:  When my little Brother was still a toddler, he would go into the kitchen and grab a handful of rock-salt.  Then, he would sit with his back against the wall and he would repeatedly hit his head against it as he would eat the salt.  Out of curiosity,  I tried it once; but it never made sense to me at all so I never did it again after that one time.  But my brother kept-up his weird habit for about a year or two.

Did you know that mammalian breasts, including those of humans, are nothing more than just modified sweat glands?  Think about that the next time you're breast-feeding your baby or drinking milk or eating ice cream!

One of my First Cousins on my Father's side told me, once, that he had three testicles.  I never bothered to find out whether or not he was just kidding me.

That neighborhood kid had made the same olfactory observation as I had:  Marijuana smoke smells like Skunk "perfume"!

And I smell it every now and then when I enter my condominium complex late at night after coming home from work.  Allowing people who are on the "Section 8 Government Assistance Program" to occupy units in my building was a bad idea to begin with--To Hell with "equal housing" bull-crap!  Don't get me wrong, though.  I'm not making a "blanket statement" about Section 8 Recipients.  It's just that there are those few "rotten apples" who would go and ruin it all for the rest of them.  Such lowlifes have got no business lowering the property value of my condominium complex, vandalizing and stealing property, doing drugs,  and trashing the place, then walking around with the bad attitude that the World owes them something!  If the property management can find ways to get rid of them, everyone else would be happier and be better off for it.  I guess, in a way, the bad economy is a "blessing in disguise" since management was able to get rid of most of the lowlifes who could no longer afford to live here--Good Riddance!

word of advice:  "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

tidbits:  I went to Hector's place earlier in the day to cook the dish, Arroz Con Gandules, since I had a Bell Pepper, a pack of Sazon, a can of Gandules and some garlic just gathering dust in my kitchen. And, besides, when it comes to making Arroz Con Gandules, there's no Puerto Rican out there--Hector and Family included--who can make it better than I can!  So, I cooked it just to show them how it's done the right way.

As Hector was helping me get the groceries out of my car, he told me that yesterday, a Saturday, during his Al Qaeda meeting--Oops! I mean, Bible Study Class--the Chinese bitch next door came over to tell him that she was sorry for what she did to me ( The hit-and-run on my car ).  I don't know whether or not  Hector was just kidding me .  But, if he wasn't, then I'll have to put an end to the Yogic curses that I put on her before they get way out of hand or they'll back-fire on me Big-Time!

The female clerk at the box office gave me the wrong ticket: HORRIBLE BOSSES in Auditorium 1.  It took me a while to realize it.  So, I went back and got the right ticket.

I was the last one out of the theatre.  The security guard was already in the process of locking all the doors as I made my way out.  When I asked him if I was the last one out, he said, "Yes, except for the manager.  And I was about to give you the security exit code."

**********************************

When I started this blog yesterday, a Monday, after I got home from work, I decided to boil all the Eggs that I had left sitting in the refrigerator for over Three ( Yes, 3 ) Months!  The stamped expiration date on the egg carton was dated, May 17, 2011--and I know that I bought it at least a couple of weeks before that!  There were 10 eggs, all in all.  And 5 of them cracked while boiling.  I ate 3 of them for dinner with a piece of Fried Chicken Thigh and a microwaved ( 5 minutes on High ) White Corn-on-the-Cob.  And the eggs that I ate  all looked fresh, smelled fresh and tasted fresh.  Yup, non-fertilized eggs keep for a long time if kept cold in the fridge--you can quote me on that, scientifically speaking!

**********************************

An Obstetrician has a hard time delivering a baby.  After a few hours of the Tug-of-War struggle, the baby boy angrily calls out from inside the womb, "I'm not coming out unless I see my father first!"  The doctor goes and fetches the father.  The baby boy sticks out his head and asks, "Are you my dad?"  "Yes, son, I'm your father," says the man.  "Come closer so I can ask you something," says the baby boy.  The father leans-in closely.  And the angry baby boy punches his father repeatedly in the face as he asks, "Tell me how you like that, Daddy!"  ( Thank you, Nova, for this joke. )


Special Announcement:  I would like to take this time to say, Thank You and Welcome, to my readers in ...


Guyana


Thank you, once again.  Please keep on reading my weekly updates.  And don't forget to tell your friends, and everyone else who you know, about my movie blogsite.  



No comments:

Post a Comment