Sunday, June 17, 2012

3RD ANNIVERSARY


.

!!!THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!!!

Oh, sure, many people out there are celebrating today as Father's Day. And, "Happy Father's Day" to you, if you're one of them.



-

I found this on fandango.com.

But today, Sunday, June 17th, 2012, marks a different milestone for me: I've now been movie blogging for three long years! It's an expensive and very time-consuming ( up to 16 hours of research and fact-checking alone, at times ) hobby, to say the least--and I'm not even gonna get into the writing, re-writing and proof-reading part of it at all. Although, wouldn't you know it,  my movie blogs have earned themselves the distinction of being read ( and enjoyed ...? ) in approximately 130 countries/territories. To be sure, I appreciate the fact that my blogs are being read by a world-wide audience; and I'm especially thankful to those of you out there who took the time to write comments on my movie blogs. Unfortunately, this hobby of mine doesn't pay my bills and/or put food on my table--heck, I go to buffets for that anyway! ha, ha, ha--but, seriously, I truly need to cut-down on my blogging as I have other more important things to do. For example, in the time that it has taken me to write three years' worth of movie blogs, I could have written two or three novels ( I have rough drafts just patiently waiting for me to go back to ). And I'm looking for another line of work with a fixed schedule so that I can spend more time with my brother, sisters and relatives; and so that I can resume my 1st Stage Yogi Initiation Training and Exercises with the hope of completing all three stages and becoming a full-pledged Yogi someday, a spiritual goal of mine. So, if you notice that my blogging has become infrequent, abbreviated and/or highly selective, please try to understand my situation. Thank you.

On another note ...

Today, I went to the AMC METREON 16 in San Francisco, CA, for the first time in my whole life! I was gonna go catch the 2:45 p.m. show of the movie, DOUBLE TROUBLE, but I got there too late. I rode a BART train to get there, by the way. So, for a second time, I just settled for seeing the 4:00 p.m. show of the movie, MADAGASCAR 3: EUROPE'S MOST WANTED in 3-D. The particulars of which I will post on my Madagascar blog.

P.S. How many of you have figured-out by now that my movie blog for HUNGRY, HUNGRY HIPPOS! is just a parody review? I'm glad that you guys are so smart, after all. Ha, ha, ha.

*

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on three years!!! Keep up the great work. I enjoy reading your movie reviews and tidbits. Continue to fed and water and it will continue grow...and perhaps one day make a living from it.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your words of encouragement. And I really thought that my third year would be a charmed one. But, nope! "Perhaps one day ...." Well, that's just it: A "One Day" that will most likely never come. I gave it an honest shot, though. Now, from a practical point of view, it's time for me to move on. I shall be blogging less from this point on since I'm not getting any younger and there are other more important things that I would like to do with my life.

    ReplyDelete