Thursday, June 7, 2012

THE BEST EXOTIC MARIGOLD HOTEL, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 4 min )


-

Quickie Review:  A group of British retirees decide to spend their sunset years in exotic India after some fancy ads lure them in. Much to their surprise, though, the Marigold Hotel has seen better years. But they make do with what they have and discover that life and love can be had again if they just try and let go of their pasts.

There were three other people with me, a man and a couple, in auditorium 10 of the Edwards Fairfield Stadium 16 & I-Max for the 9:45 p.m. show today, June 6th, 2012. The man had the most enjoyment out of this Comedy Drama movie.

I liked this movie, too. And it has afforded me a glimpse of India that I would most likely see if and when I do decide to go on a holy pilgrimage to that country someday. Go see this "Slice of Life" movie.

Here are the things that I found wrong in this movie:  The hotel was in violation of Health and Sanitation, and Safety and Fire Codes. There were birds and pests all over that place. The plumbing was in need of repair. Their sleeping areas didn't have mosquito nets--that's Malaria country, mind you! Yet, despite all of these, they still decided to stay at the "hotel"?

*

No comments:

Post a Comment