Friday, December 21, 2012

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL: WORLDS AWAY in 3-D, NR ( 1 hr & 31 min )

-

-

I went to see this today, Friday, December 21st, 2012, in Fairfield, CA, at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX for the 12:00 p.m. show in auditorium 9, 3rd row, 12th column ( counting from the left ).

Quickie Review: In this "circus-style" Alice In Wonderland-type love story, a girl is infatuated with a guy who is a circus aerialist. A mistimed routine sends both of them falling into a nether world. They become separated by the sights and wonders before them. But love brings them back together again.

The enthralled audience was dumbstruck by the extremely well-choreographed performances and the elaborate set pieces that adorned the stage. Yes, that's right: The little brats in the audience kept quiet for the whole duration of the movie!

I liked this movie for the sheer physical artistry of its performers. It's a good Family Movie to go take your brats to.

By the way, the performances in this movie were patched together from different shows.

I always wanted to go see a live Cirque Du Soleil performance. This is probably as close as I'll ever get to seeing a live performance.

*****************************************

I went to the Springstowne Post Office, here in Vallejo, CA, first thing in the morning, to drop-off some bill payments.

Then, I went to the Vallejo AAA to pay on my automobile club membership.

That's my car in the foreground.
-

The box office clerk gave me a Collector's Edition Real-D 3-D Glasses. But I didn't have enough time to run back to my car to fetch my regular pair of Real-D 3-D Glasses because the show was about to begin. I just went up to the ticket taker and lied to him about not getting a pair of 3-D glasses so that I could keep the collector's item pair of glasses as a souvenir. ( Gee, I wonder how many Zhunti Mantras it will take for me to recite to atone for this lie. )

There was an advertising poster across from auditorium 9 for this particular movie. I took the time to read its blurbs when I stepped out of the auditorium. And I also took a picture of it; unfortunately, my picture came out looking blurry. Luckily for me, this advertising poster is similar to the movie poster which I chose to post above.

-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment