Thursday, December 27, 2012

PARENTAL GUIDANCE, PG ( 1 hr & 44 min )

-

I went to see this on Christmas Day, Tuesday, December 25th, 2012, in Fairfield, CA, at the EDWARDS FAIRFIELD STADIUM 16 & I-MAX for the 1:25 p.m. show in auditorium 3, 9th row, last seat on the right.

Quickie Review:  Old school parenting clashes with modern day high tech parenting when absentee grandparents decide to babysit their daughter's three children. Bending the rules of parenting is what eventually saves the day for both sets of parents.

The audience really enjoyed this movie. But it didn't get a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie, too. It's a good Family Movie to go take your brats to. Who knows, they just might get inspired to add to your stressful parenting just by watching this movie.

I liked the Toilet Stall scene.

I liked the Glow-In-The-Dark Fluorescent Face scene.

I liked the Funeral scene.

I liked the Impromptu Speech On-Stage scene.

And I liked the Pee-Wee Softball scene.

There's a Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits.

*******************************************

I was gonna spend Christmas Day in San Francisco because there is a temporary ice skating rink on Union Square set-up just for the Holiday Season. But, wouldn't you know it, IT RAINED ALL DAY!!!

I went to Fairfield, CA, instead, to go see a movie. LES MISERABLES was sold-out. And so was DJANGO UNCHAINED.  I settled for PARENTAL GUIDANCE since it had a "holiday feel" to it, anyway.

When I walked into the auditorium, I was in for a pleasant surprise: It was "packed to the gills"! And the audience really enjoyed this movie. So, it turned out well for me after all.

After the movie, I called my brother in Fairfield to see if they were having a family gathering at his place along with his three sons from another marriage and my sister's family. ( We were at my sister's house, also in Fairfield, the night before, on Christmas Eve. ) But everyone had already left, according to my brother. In fact, he and his second wife were planning on coming to this theatre to see a movie, THE HOBBIT: AN UNEXPECTED JOURNEY.

I waited for them to arrive at the theatre because I was gonna buy their movie tickets for them. But they didn't show-up in the hour that I waited for them. I guess my brother and his wife changed their minds and planned to see the movie at a later time because of the rain.

I drove to the nearby Hometown Buffet because I wanted to have an early dinner there. But they were closed for the holiday. And then ... I remembered that I stuffed my refrigerator with "Christmas" food--literally--the night before ( it must have been the "hobbit" in me ).

So, I just went back home to Vallejo, CA, where I was warmly greeted by all of my food!

*

No comments:

Post a Comment