Wednesday, December 12, 2012

KHILADI 786, NR ( 2 hr & 21 min )

-

I went to see this today, Monday, December 10th, 2012, in Emeryville, CA, at the UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 for the 9:35 p.m. show in auditorium 7, 5th row, 11th column.


Quickie Review:  The son of a match-maker ruins yet another wedding but for the last time as his own father finally disowns him. Needing to prove that he is capable of carrying-on the family business, he unwittingly agrees to arrange a wedding for the hard-to-marry-off sister of a local crime lord to the out-of-town son of a family of con artists.

There were only I and an Indian couple in the whole auditorium for this show. The couple liked this movie, somewhat, especially the lady. But I didn't particularly like this movie. The Action scenes were ridiculously unreal--they were mostly cartoon-like in execution.

The lead actor in this movie, Akshay Kumar, I feel, is just grinding-out the same old stuff, type-casting himself in the process. He needs to broaden his artistic repertoire as well as his role selections.

The lead actress in the movie, Asin Thottumkal, well ... SHE'S THE ONLY REASON WHY I EVEN WENT TO SEE THIS MOVIE IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

********************************************************

I started out the day with an 8:30 a.m. appointment with my Chiropractor. He asked me how I was feeling as he started to adjust my spine. I told him that I don't know whether it was related or not, but when I did my Sound Meditation along with my Zhunti Mantra two nights ago I could feel my Solar Plexus responding to my meditation. I usually just concentrate on my Heart Chakra, Throat Chakra and Third Eye Chakra whenever I do my Zhunti Mantra. But, for some reason or other, my Solar Plexus responded and harmonized with the Chakras. I don't know what it means because my goal was--and had always been--to activate the three Chakras ( which is very difficult to do, by the way ). I guess my spinal adjustments these past few months have freed-up the Chi/Prana energy which was constricted in my misaligned spine all this time. So, now, it's a "let's-wait-and-see-what-happens-next" in my Spiritual Cultivation.

After my spinal adjustment, I went across the street to BofA ( Bank of America ) to get a Cashier's Cheque made out to my Periodontist. Then, I drove to my Periodontist's clinic to pay on my Periodontal bill. I had to pay by cheque, credit card and cash because the amount was too much for any one payment method!

I went back home to rest for a while as I waited for when it was time for me to leave for my afternoon doctor's appointment in San Francisco, CA.

When I arrived in San Francisco by way of a BART train, I walked to the Posh Bagel Shop on Sutter Street to read a newspaper and have something to drink before heading on to my doctor's clinic just two blocks away.

While I was at the bagel shop, I called my friend's, Hector, son to see if he could take a break from work and join me for a snack. But he was sent to work in a building farther away than the one he always worked at as a construction supervisor. Well, we'll just have to meet for some coffee and bagel some other day.

After my doctor's appointment, I decided to do a little sight-seeing in the Financial District. I made a mistake of walking down Mason Street toward Market Street. That street reeked of urine and marijuana; and there were "shady-looking" characters loitering around.

I wanted to see a movie since the night was still young. I had three choices: HITCHCOCK at 7:20 p.m. at the San Francisco AMC METREON 16; SILVER LININGS PLAYBOOK at 7:40 p.m. at CENTURY SAN FRANCISCO CENTRE 9 AND X-D; and KHALADI 786 at 9:35 p.m. at the UA EMERY BAY STADIUM 10 in Emeryville, CA. I considered the actresses in the movies and, by far and away, Asin was the most beautiful one. So, it was decided for me: I was gonna go see KHALADI 786!

After I picked-up my car at the El Cerrito Del Norte BART Station, I drove to Emeryville. It was not even 8:00 p.m. when I arrived there. I went to the Burger King Restaurant just a few blocks from the theatre to have a burger meal. When I was done eating, it still wasn't even close to 9:00 p.m., yet!

So, I drove to North Oakland to visit my former co-workers at the Rockridge District. Three of them were there. And I learned from them that business would stay open for a while longer. I thought that the lease wasn't renewed by the shopping center's owner. But I guess that they were given an extension to keep their business going for a few more years because of some complicated zoning and licensing legalities involved in the anticipated business take-over.

I arrived at the theatre with more than twenty minutes to spare. And I whiled the time away doing some Zhunti Mantra in the lobby. My Yogi would be so proud of me.

The time stamp shown is wrong. It is an hour ahead because I forgot to adjust it for Daylight Savings Time.
-

*

No comments:

Post a Comment