Friday, December 28, 2012

DJANGO UNCHAINED, R ( 2 hr & 45 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, December 28th, 2012, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 3:10 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 6th row, 8ht column ( counting from the left ).

Quickie Review:  In his quest to find three bad guys, Dr. King Schultz ( Christoph Waltz ), an unorthodox bounty hunter, happens upon a slave named Django ( Jamie Foxx ). They partner-up to hunt down criminals. And Django's obsession to find the wife ( Kerry Washington ) that he lost to the Slave Trade leads them both to a plantation where male slaves are trained to kill each other for sport.

The audience liked this. But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked this movie. It is definitely better than the "Spaghetti Westerns" from the '60s. And it is more graphically violent, too. Go see this movie if you're into Western and Action Movies, and/or if you're a fan of Tarantino Films.

I liked the Fancy Clothes scene.

I liked the I Don't Know What "Positive" Means scene.

And I liked the Hooded Bad Guys scene.

There's a Bonus Scene after the Ending Credits.

I'm glad that I didn't see this on Christmas Day because it is too violent of a movie to see on such a day!!!

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: The "F" word didn't get added into the American English vernacular until after World War I. Outdoor scene, winter time, snow all around, a black couple bathing in the river--and neither one is shivering from the cold! Yeah, right .... I really don't think that black male slaves were circumcised. The man with the shotgun took too long to react--I would have reacted as soon as I heard the gunfire, even if only to drop my weapon in fright! Ha, ha, ha. No shotgun blast can send a man flying back like that with such force without a proportional amount of recoil behind it. When he surrendered, there were a bunch of bad guys with rifles and pistols aimed at him; but in the final shoot-out there were just a few bad guys for him to kill. When the woman was shot, she fell sideways ( What was she, a billiard ball? ). Those slaves that he ordered to run away were just that: Run-away slaves who would be treated as such when white people find them! Django was standing in the dynamite's Blast Debris Field and so should have been struck by any number of stuff flying toward him.

*******************************************

I started my day early with an 8:30 a.m. doctor's appointment with my Chiropractor.

Then, I went to the American Canyon, CA, Safeway to use my one-time 20-cent off per gallon gas reward and to buy a 16.0 oz bottle of G.T.'s Kombucha Synergy Trilogy. I met Frank, a former co-worker, at the grocery store and we chatted for a while.

After that, I went back here to Vallejo to go to Anna's Linens at the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to buy a blanket. Then, I went next door to the Dollar Tree Store to buy an over-the-door shirt hanger, a tube of Aquafresh Toothpaste, a Hazelnut Coffee Creamer, and a 4-pack of AAA batteries for my digital camera. ( I just wanted to make sure that I have fresh batteries in my camera for my San Francisco trip tomorrow. )

And I went to the nearby Chase Bank to make a deposit into my checking account.

Finally, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant at the far end of the parking lot to to have a Fruit and Oatmeal Breakfast with a tall cup of Powerade Mountain Berry Blast and, also, to check on my e-mails and my blogs.

Speaking of my blogsite, if you notice, I have added a few new gadgets to it. I did it all the while that I was at MacDonald's.

I swung by Goin' Postal, on the corner of Tuolumne and Redwood Streets, on my way home, to pick-up my mail. The book that I ordered on-line, Your Body's Many Cries For Water, had arrived. It is a book by Dr. F. Batmanghelidj. It should prove to be quite a fascinating read, and I can't wait to finish reading it!

I went home just to drop-off the stuff that I bought.

And I went to the Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to have lunch as I waited for this movie's start time.

After the movie, an elderly white woman held the door open for me as I exited the auditorium. Well, actually, she was holding it for her husband but it just so happened that I walked faster than he did. Ha, ha, ha. I thanked her, of course, for the courtesy.

I started to put a napkin in the trashcan out in the lobby. But the napkin fell to the floor. I was about to pick up the napkin but the elderly white woman's husband, who also had to throw away an empty cup and a popcorn tray into the trashcan after me, voluntarily picked it up for me. I thanked him for his gentlemanly manner--you don't see this kind of courtesy and manners among today's youth, I am sad to say.

On my way to the men's room, I passed by the ladies' room where a line had formed all the way outside its doorway. I'm glad that I am a man!

I went to the Starbucks Coffee Shop, here at the Target Shopping Center at the opposite end of where MacDonald's is at, to write my blog on this movie. I ordered a Venti Peppermint Hot Chocolate ( $3.85 ). As I started my blog, I decided to take a sip when the lid of the cup just came off! I took it off earlier to put in a packet of raw brown sugar to sweeten it up a bit but I forgot to put the lid back on securely. Peppermint Hot Chocolate was all over my dark-green shirt and on the crotch of my black pants! Luckily, nobody noticed--I think. And, luckily, too, that it wasn't so hot. Ha, ha, ha.

A man and his son sat to my right. They were waiting for a girl and her boyfriend to arrive. The girl came to sell them her slightly-used I-Phone. And they got to talking about the Mare Island here in Vallejo. The man said that parts of Mare Island are "Jimmy Hoffa" locations where bad guys take their victims to with the express purpose of making them "disappear" because cops hardly ever patrol that area now because of budget cut-backs.

Presently, one of the Starbucks employees came up to me and warned me that on Christmas Day, some guy came in and grabbed some patron's laptop and took-off with it. The robber had an accomplice waiting for him outside in a "get-away" car. Supposedly, according to her, it happened twice that day. I need to buy one of those laptop cable locks so that I can secure my laptop to a table the next time that I come here to Starbucks, or the next time that I go to MacDonald's.

As I was finishing this blog, a group of four Asian teenage girls who were waiting for their coffee started dancing in front of me to the Gnarls Barkley song, "Crazy," playing through the store's music speakers. What a treat it was for me to watch this particular group of beautiful young girls gyrating their sexy hips in front of me--it was enough to drive me crazy! Ha, ha, ha.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment