Saturday, March 30, 2013

G.I. JOE: RETALIATION, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 39 min )

-

1st time
where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA

when: Wednesday, March 27th, 2013

show: 7:30 p.m.

costs: $10.50 Ticket + $1.00 3.0 oz Dan-D-Pak Onion and Garlic-flavored Cashews ( bought at the 99-Cents Only Store and smuggled-in ) + $4.50 1-litre Dasani Water = $16.00

auditorium: 8

seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left )


2nd time


-

where: CENTURY 14 VALLEJO in Vallejo, CA

when: Thursday, March 28th, 2013

show: 8:55 p.m. 

costs: $13.50 3-D Ticket + $5.75 small Popcorn w/ Butter + $4.50 28.0 oz Powerade Mountain Berry Blast = $23.75

auditorium: 14

seat: 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left )


synopsis/overview: The Joes are betrayed by The Impostor in The White House, attacked with extreme prejudice, and are left for dead! But a few of them managed to survive the attack and vow to exact revenge on whoever is responsible for it all. And they will need all the help that they can get.


noteworthy scenes: 1.) Flag; 2.) Video game; 3.) "History rewards the bold"; 4.) Missile assembly plant; 5.) "Like your panties"; 6.) "G. I. Joes are about to be out of the picture"; 7.) "Security's early"; 8.) Well; 9.) News; 10.) "Whoever did this is gonna come back"; 11.) The two "neighbors"; 12.) "There's only one man who can authorize a strike like that. And I voted for him"; 13.) "I see you've arranged for transportation"; 14.) "You still have ten fingers"; 15.) "She will fight with honor"; 16.) "Miley Cyrus and Ryan Seacrest"; 17.) "Conversational fillers"; 18.) "He's the reason we call ourselves "'Joes'"; 19.) Dog tags; 20.) The gambler; 21.) Snake Eyes ( Ray Park ) vs. Storm Shadow; 22.) Zip line chase; 23.) Avalanche; 24.) The lady in red; 25.) Hair sample; 26.) Facial recognition; 27.) "My sword"; 28.) The real assassin; 29.) "He didn't want to put his life in the hands of a woman"; 30.) "That's for the Tax Hike"; 31.) Retinal scan; 32.) "Damn ninjas"; 33.) "He's with us"; 34,) "Merry Christmas"; 35.) "They didn't say anything about re-enlisting"; 36.) Battle plan; 37.) "This country is at war"; 38.) "Fifteen, in the case of North Korea. Just to be sure"; 39.) Three minutes; 40.) Video game; 41.) Nuclear launches; 42.) "My cholesterol is a little high"; 43.) "No Global Warming Summit next month"; 44.) "'Gotta love the little guy"; 45.) Zeus satellites; 46.) "The Cobra Revolution has begun"; 47.) "You betrayed the Master and made me what I am"; 48.) Override; 49.) Firefly;  50.) "I served with your father"; and 51.) "For when you find Cobra Commander."


favorite scenes: I liked the Mountain Hideout Sword Fight scene.

I liked the Nuclear Disarmament scene.

And I liked the Roadblock ( Dwayne Johnson ) vs. Firefly ( Ray Stevenson ) Gun Fight scene.

audience reaction: The audiences liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.


recommendation: I liked this movie enough. But part one was better. People will be disappointed by one of this movie's two plot twists--let this serve as a warning! Go see this sequel/reboot if you're a G.I. Joe fan.


spoiler alert! Why were there no guard dogs patrolling the DMZ? Oh, that's right! Those North Koreans eat dogs.Why were there no guards posted around the missile assembly plant? If whoever did it was gonna come back, then what the Joes did for their fallen comrades would be conspicuously obvious to the returning bad guys! Since the U.S. President branded the G. I. Joes as bad guys,  that US military outpost in the desert would have detained them instead of given them a free ride home! The subjects in suspended animation were conscious all of that time since their eyes were still wide open instead of in REM state! If they didn't shoot at the suspended animation tube, Storm Shadow ( Lee Byung-hun ) would have just probably drowned. You know, if you put somebody in suspended animation, you will have to make sure first that the subject's bladder and bowels are empty--'only makes sense! And the subject would have to be fitted beforehand with a urinary catheter, too. ( Hey! Storm Shadow, is that a urinary catheter bag in your pants or are you just happy to see me? Ha, ha, ha. ) The blast of an explosion travels way faster than that shown in the underground base. The red ninjas knew that Storm Shadow was taken by none other than Snake Eyes. Therefore, Storm Shadow would not have been able to rejoin the Cobra Team without lots of explaining and convincing to do! Okay, picture this: You have the leaders of the most powerful countries in the world meeting with each other in one place. Now, do you really think that a simple checkpoint is all the security that you'd need to watch over those leaders? You'd more than likely need snipers scattered everywhere and need fighter jets and fighter helicopters patrolling the area. Then the snipers and such aircraft will notice THAT SOME G.I. JOES ARE SNEAKING THEIR WAY UP TO WHERE THE LEADERS ARE GATHERED. I mean, let's face it, for one thing, Roadblock's armored vehicle was too damn big to not be noticed by snipers and sky patrols. Okay, General Joe Colton's ( Bruce Willis ) muscle car was a loud car that should have been easily heard coming "from a mile away" by those bad guys! Why didn't Firefly throw that little thing away when he still had the chance since he knew what it could possibly do to him? 


G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA ( 2009 ) was a Big Budget film. This movie is a Big Budget Cuts film, it seems--the first victim of the Budget Sequestration. Ha, ha, ha.

fyi: Last month, I talked to a retired Navy Seal. I asked him if it's true that if someone has big, bulky muscles and can't touch his right ( left ) shoulder with the tip of his right ( left ) thumb then that someone won't be accepted as a Navy Seal recruit. This was his answer: "You've been listening to a lot of fairy tales."


word of advice: Fight for Honor.


tidbits: I wanted to go to the 10:30 p.m. show with a couple of my co-workers, Jacob and Tom. But I had to be at work early the next day. So, I called Jacob to let him know that I would be seeing the earlier show so that I'd have time for some "shut-eye" when I got home from the movies.


Near the end of the Ending Credits, some guy behind me said, "I'll be so mad if there's nothing here!" Unfortunately for him, there was no Bonus Scene after--or even during--the Ending Credits.

2nd tidbits: Before seeing this 3-D movie, I went to the Best Buy across the street from the movie theatre to look at the new Acer C7 Chromebook. I need a new computer because my old one is painfully slow now, even with weekly optimizations and defraggings. And the Chromebook looks appealing to me. Oh, I know, I know. I could use a Hard Drive Scrubber and put in new Memory Chips again! But my old computer is bulky, heavy and only has a two-hour maximum charge on its old battery.


When I walked up to the movie theatre's box office, I saw Tom and his girlfriend's young brother buying tickets for the 8:00 p.m. G. I. Joe 2-D movie. He said that I should watch the movie with them. I said, No, I already saw it in 2-D last night and I want to see it in 3-D tonight.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment