Friday, March 22, 2013

OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN, R ( 2 hr & 0 min )

-

I went to see this today, Friday, March 22nd, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 1:50 p.m. show in auditorium 8, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 9th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.50. And I bought a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter for $4.50.

Quickie Review: A group of highly-trained terrorists has taken over the White House in one well-coordinated daytime surprise attack. With President Asher ( Aaron Ekhart ) and Vice President Rodriguez ( Phil Austin ) taken hostage, it is up to former presidential bodyguard, Mike Banning ( Gerard Butler ), to rescue the President and prevent an all-out war from happening.

The audience really liked this. But nobody gave it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked it, too. But my objectivity as a reviewer kept me from cheering-on the good guy. Go see this Action/Suspense movie.

I liked the President Lincoln Bust scene. ( Unfortunately, the joke was lost on the rest of the audience. Hints: ABRAHAM LINCOLN: VAMPIRE HUNTER [ 2012 ], ABRAHAM LINCOLN VS. ZOMBIES [ 2012 ], and ... Abraham Lincoln: Terrorist Killer (?). )

I liked the Get Me Some Coffee scene.

I liked the Extracting Information scene.

And I liked the How's My Hair scene.

I bet North Korea's Kim Jong Un is busy taking notes right now while watching this movie! And he's probably saying to himself, "And, to think, I could have saved all of that money spent on nuclear tests!" Ha, ha, ha.

Here are some things that I found wrong in this movie: On the bridge, they could have used one of the SUVs to pin the rear half of the limousine against the bridge's rail to keep it from falling into the river. In post 9-11, only three fighter jets were scrambled when the cargo plane flew in restricted air space, headed for the White House. Gatling guns can do more serious damage to its victims than what were shown in the Strafing scene. In the hospital scene, a victim of the attack that Nurse Banning ( Radha Mitchell ) treated was missing his left hand, presumably, as a result of the attack; but it looked like it was amputated sometime in the past because its end looked so smooth. When the bad guy was being choked, why didn't he fire-off some rounds to alert his fellow bad guys or shoot Banning in the legs? Why didn't the soldiers take the hoods off the hostages before allowing them to board the helicopter? The High Spinning Back Kick used by the bad guy can be easily countered in two quick moves that can kill the kicker almost instantly ( something I learned in Combat Martial Arts ). After Banning secured the premises, why didn't the soldiers and the paramedics rush in to aid the injured president?

************************************

I went to Chevron on the corner of Redwood and Couch Streets here in Vallejo to get some gas and to buy a newspaper, the San Francisco Chronicle ( $7.00 total ).

Then, I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road to have lunch and to buy some lottery tickets ( $12.58 total ).

And I went to my Periodontist's clinic behind the Safeway Supermarket on Admiral Callaghan Lane because I expected to get a refund cheque from them in the mail some time ago. Anyway, I was issued a refund cheque on the spot. And I couldn't have gotten it at a better time because I have some big credit card expenses from last year that I need to pay-off a.s.a.p.

After the movie, I went to the Chase Bank in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to deposit the cheque into my checking account.

And I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the same shopping center to buy four things ( $4.35 total ).

Finally, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant, also in the same shopping center, to have a medium Cherry-Berry Chiller and a Strawberry & Creme Pie ( $3.45 total ) while I blogged about this movie.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment