Monday, March 4, 2013

THE LAST EXORCISM PART II, PG-13 ( 1 hr & 29 min )

-

I went to see this today, Monday, March 4th, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 2:45 p.m. show, in auditorium 14, 5th row ( counting from the front ), 7th column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $7.50. And I bought a bag of bulk Chocolate Candies for $1.06 and a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the concessions counter.

Quickie Review:  Nell ( Ashley Bell ) is the last remaining member of her family after a botched attempt at exorcising a demon in possession of her body. She is sent to a home for girls where she can hope to begin her life anew. But the demon has another plan for her.

I was the only one in the auditorium for this movie. And I wasn't really impressed by it.

I get the feeling that they made this movie just to "milk" it for what it's worth, which isn't much to begin with. This movie is cliched and predictable. The Floating Off The Bed scene was very amateurish. The guy who slit his throat ( read: voice box ) was still able to talk normally. If a demon is gonna go to all that trouble of falling in love with a female human, it should at least find one that's w-a-y b-e-t-t-e-r looking--'nuff said!

************************************************

I started the day early with an 8:30 a.m. chiropractic appointment here in Vallejo, CA. And, still, the doctor cannot pop my lower back; it's still very tight.

As you can see from the time stamp, I was already 10 minutes late for my chiropractic appointment when I took this photo. There was a light sprinkle this morning which explains the spots on my Hyundai Accent's windshield.  
-

After my chiropractic spinal adjustment, I went to the smog center behind the clinic to ask about the new Star Smog Certification for cars. A tech told me that it's just the same old thing, but with a new name. I told him that I'll be back within the month to get my car smogged, probably in two weeks' time.

I went home to shower and to do some Sound Meditation.

Then I went to Chase Bank in the Food Maxx Supermarket on the corner of Redwood and Tuolumne Streets to get a xerox copy of a cheque which I sent to a mail order company in Southern California back in November of last year and which the company cashed on the 13th of December. The company never sent me the package that I ordered. I wrote to them last month but I never heard from them. So, now, I plan on reporting the company to the Better Business Bureau and Consumer Affairs! And if this doesn't work, I plan on having the Postmaster investigate the company.

And I went next door to Goin' Postal to pick-up my mail and to pay on my box rental.

As I traveled on Redwood Street, on my way to Springs Road, I noticed something which I never saw before. There, parked at the curb of the Redwood freeway on-ramp was a ditch-digging machine called, Ditch Witch. What a catchy name. It was exactly like the one shown in the photo below.

I copied this off the company's website.
I went to Selecta Pilipino Buffet on Springs Road to have lunch, my first meal of the day. And I bought some lottery tickets. Speaking of which, somebody ( who chose to remain anonymous ) won $28,000 on a Fantasy Five ticket here last week! Lucky .... And I read a Pilipino newspaper that has a front-page article on a Chinese Restaurant in China which posted a sign that said it doesn't serve Pilipinos, Vietnamese, Japanese, and dogs! It is comforting to know that some Chinese in China are not cannibals and don't eat dogs! Ha, ha, ha. But, 'begging the question, what about cats, snakes and monkeys ...? I guess said restaurant still serves them! Where is PETA when you need it?!?!?!

And I went next door to 99-Cent Only Store to buy some stuff before I went to see this movie.

After the movie, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant at 902 Admiral Callaghan Lane in the Target Shopping Center here in Vallejo to have a large size Shamrock Shake and to do some blogging. I watched a one hour and 12 minutes long Internet documentary video on "Spiritual Armageddon", first. And as I blogged about this movie, a black man sitting to my right gave a business advice to his friend via cellphone. He said not to do business with negroes ( his own word ) because they will just rob you blind ( according to him ). And he further added that he changed his clientele list because of his unsatisfactory experiences with people of his own kind.

'Remember what I said in December of last year about the Starbucks Coffee Shop at the opposite end of this shopping center when I mentioned that two people had their laptops stolen from them inside that place during the Holidays? Well, it turns out that the man who I talked about in the above paragraph was one of the victims. He said that he's not going to Starbucks ever again, understandably so. I feel sorry for him. I told him to get either a cable lock for his laptop or just get a dog leash, like what I use to secure mine while I blog away at a public place. He also asked me where I got my headphones from. I told him that I got mine at Big Lots! Discount Store but that he could get a similar one from any number of drug stores around. And I told him that if I could afford it right now, I'd get me a pair of Bose headphones for my Sound Meditation sessions.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment