Monday, April 1, 2013

THE HOST, PG-13 ( 2 hr & 5 min )

I like Diane Kruger. What else can I say? And the car ain't bad-looking, either!
-

I went to see this today, Monday, April 1st, 2013, here in Vallejo, CA, at the CENTURY 14 VALLEJO, for the 1:10 p.m. Extra Dollar Off First Show Matinee, in auditorium 12, 4th row ( counting from the front ), 8ht column ( counting from the left ). The price of admission was $6.50. And I bought a 1-litre bottle of Dasani Water at the promotional price of $3.50 ( $1.25 less than the regular price ).

Quickie Review: An alien race has come to colonize planet Earth by inhabiting human bodies. But a group of resistance fighters wants to restore life back to the way it was before the invasion. One day, they come upon an alien occupier, Wanderer ( Saoirse Ronan ), who may just be the alien Seekers' bait or Humanity's Last and Only Hope!

The audience liked it but didn't give it a "Hands Clapper" ending.

I liked it enough. But it has that "Three-way Love Angle" feel reminiscent of the Twilight series' supernatural love triangle which I had grown to loathe. I guess this movie was made with the Twilight series fans in mind.

The ending scenes are where this movie gets better, even if just a teeny-weeny bit maudlin.

Here are some things wrong in this movie: The planet Earth shown at the beginning looked like it was missing its Moon. If I were an alien lifeform inhabiting a human body for the first time, I'D GET THAT HUMAN BODY IN FRONT OF A MIRROR RIGHT AWAY AND TAKE ITS CLOTHES OFF!!! ( For curiosity's sake, mind you. Heh, heh, heh. ) You won't walk that far in the desert sand without getting sand inside your LOW-CUT shoes! Here's yet another Hollywood movie in which the first person ( actually, a Seeker in this case ) to get killed is black. This movie's love triangle, for some reason, reminds of Time-Share Investment Condominiums! Ha, ha, ha---Snort! Here's a quick Biology Course on Endosymbiosis: Parasitic = An organism inhabits its host for it sole benefit without regard for the host's well being; Commensal = An organism inhabits its host without harm or benefit to its host; Reciprocal = An organism inhabits its host in a way that benefits both the organism and its host. A close observation of the symbiosis shown in this movie leads me to believe that the relationship between the alien lifeform and its human host is that of reciprocity, not of parasitism! This movie begs the question, How does the alien lifeform establish its colony in the first place since doing so obviously requires surgical assistance?

A world where there is no war and no hatred, and where everybody is respectful, honest, courteous, responsible, considerate and kind; where everybody cares for the environment; and where you don't pay for food ( and where you probably won't have to pay taxes, too! ), is my kind of world! I mean, what's so bad about such a world? Okay, that's it, where do I sign-up and where do I get in line? ( Besides, I like the "glow-in-the-dark" eyes. )

**********************************************

I started the day with a spinal adjustment at my Chiropractor's clinic. ( I was almost 3 hours late--I confused my Chiropractic appointment with my Dental appointment which is actually for next week! ) My Chiropractor was able to pop my lower back again, a good sign.

I told my Chiropractor that my eldest sister is now having spinal adjustments in Michigan, too. And I added that I told my sister to watch out or she'll get pregnant again. My sister is past the age of menopause but I reminded her that the oldest woman to give birth was a 70-year old.

Yes, my dear female readers! If you cannot conceive but are otherwise healthy in every other way, just go in for some spinal adjustments at a Chiropractor's clinic and, more likely than not, you'll get pregnant within a year--'sure beats going to a fertility clinic where your sperm donor could be just about any ol' pervert stranger!!! And it's way cheaper than going to an MD for fertility treatments, too!

After my spinal adjustment, I went to the 99-Cent Only Store on Springs Road, here in Vallejo, to look for something to buy, a mini flashlight to attach to my keychain. Unfortunately, they didn't have it.

I saw one of my co-workers there at the store. I told her that I was waiting for the buffet restaurant next door to open, that it opens at 11:30 a.m.

I had lunch at the Selecta Pilipino Buffet next door to the 99-Cent Only Store. And I bought some lottery tickets. The lunch and the lottery tickets costed me $15.58.

At the concessions register, I asked the clerk why there were so many cars in the parking lot for the matinee shows. Was it a holiday today? I asked. She said that it's Spring Break. Of course, how could I forget that?

After the movie, I went to the Dollar Tree Store in the Target Shopping Center on Admiral Callaghan Lane to see if they have the mini flashlight for sale. They do. I bought one and a cell-phone dryer pack. I spent $2.17 for my purchase.

Then, I went to the MacDonald's Restaurant in the same shopping center to have a light snack ( $1.00 3-pc. Cookies and $1.00 large Sweet Tea = $2.17 ). And to blog about this movie.

But, first, I private-messaged my brother on Facebook. I was at my brother's place in Fairfield, CA, yesterday for a late Easter Lunch after I got off work. I told him that I bought a new computer at the Best Buy here in Vallejo, a wireless Acer C7 Chromebook for $199.00 ( with tax, it was $219.17 ), the night before, a Saturday night. He asked me how big the Hard Drive was. I didn't know. Which is why I messaged him today to tell him about my Chromebook's memory capacity: 2 GB RAM, 320 Hard Drive.


-

I like my new Chromebook. It really is as it is advertised: Straight-out-of-the-box-functionality! It turns itself on the moment you open it up ( provided you had the battery installed or you plugged it in beforehand ) and it turns itself off when you close it; it's ready for log-in in about 15 seconds. If you already use Google Chrome as a Search Engine, it automatically transfers your Google Favorites and your Google Bookmarks onto your new Chromebook as it strictly operates on Google's OS. And all you need to have to get started is a Gmail account; with it, you're already good-to-go! Sweet .... And it's compact and lightweight at just 3 pounds! It updates itself constantly, is guaranteed to never slow down, your documents and files never need backing-up, and it has layers of malware protection which means that I can watch movies on movie2k.to once again! I think that I'll take it with me when I go on vacation in San Francisco, CA, in a few weeks' time.

But since it is a notebook at just 8" x 11" x 1", I am still adjusting to the size of its keyboard. Other than that, it is perfect for my blogging needs!

( Note on movie2k.to: I don't think that I will be able to watch movies on this site if it means I need to download Mozilla Firefox's Video DownloadHelper first in order to since my Chromebook is strictly on Google's OS. )

*

No comments:

Post a Comment