Friday, April 26, 2013

THURSDAY, APRIL 25TH, 2013=SAN FRANCISCO VACATION

I put two $5.00 bills in my left rear pocket's wallet to give to the Buddhist nun should I run into her today. Because I wanted to give her some more donation as a token of my heartfelt appreciation for the unexpected miracle and blessing that I received from Lord Buddha on Tuesday. I don't expect another miracle and blessing in exchange for it at all--it is just meant as a sincere show of thanks ( "Freely you have received, freely give." New Testament of The Bible, Matthew 10:8 ).

I left the hotel at around 9:25 a.m. and walked down Grant Avenue, determined to find the Chinese buffet restaurant that I was pretty sure I saw somewhere nearby sometime last year.

As I was approaching Sutter Street, I saw the Buddhist nun, dressed in gray, once again. She tried unsuccessfully to solicit some donation from a white tourist couple. She saw me walking down the street and we greeted each other. I stopped her so that I could give her some donation. I reached into my left back pocket to retrieve my wallet and to give her the ten bucks. She offered to give me another sandalwood bracelet, but I showed her the bracelet that she gave me three days ago to let her know that she didn't need to give me another one. She produced the donation booklet and asked me to write my name on the page ( second page, this time around ). I wrote my name down and then wrote 10 bucks as my donation. She wrote down 20 bucks, but I politely told her that I only donated 10 bucks. So, she started to write down 10 bucks as I turned and left.

Attention: If I have Buddhist readers out there, please feel free to write in the Comment Section at the bottom of this blog post exactly what the Kai Guang amulet is all about, including the bracelet and the name-and-donation entries portion of it. And why I, a non-Chinese/non-Buddhist, got an unexpected miracle and blessing from Lord Buddha, himself.

When I got to the corner of Geary Street, I made a left turn because Geary stretches for one more block and comes to an end at the base of Kearny Street. And I was determined to find that Chinese buffet restaurant, no matter what.

As I walked by Harputs Union ( 80 Geary Street ), I noticed that the two ( 2 ) female mannequins in their store display window not only had erect nipples but were also completely bottomless!!! All they had on were T-shirts! And they looked well-shaven, indeed. Ha, ha, ha. Of course, they weren't anatomically correct "down there"---Ahem! So, why do they have to have erect nipples in the first place? I ask once more.

Near Harputs Union is another clothing store with its store window displaying three ( 3 ) female mannequins wearing matching sets of see-through optic yellow-colored bra and panties!!! What are these, the official underwear of female tennis players?!?!?! They had better be because the only other possibility is that they are the official underwear of road crews and construction workers---Yuck!!! I think I'm gonna throw-up. Ahh ... I can't get that image out of my mind, gosh darn it! Ha, ha, ha---Snort!

I'm sorry that I forgot to take pictures of the mannequins because I was too preoccupied looking for the Chinese buffet restaurant. And, as it turned out, there was no Chinese buffet restaurant there at all! I guess that I suffered from a hunger-induced mirage last year when I "saw" that Chinese buffet restaurant.

I'm running low on my vacation budget and will resume my vacation post in two or three days. 'Time for me to rest-up and recover from the shin splints that I got from walking up and down hills.

On a different topic, I noticed three other things about my Acer C7 Chromebook:

1.) Even though it is just the right size and weight, this is not a practical computer to take on vacations because the only way that I could upload pictures to it is to keep my camera plugged into it as I upload the pictures, all the while my camera's batteries would just drain low on charge even when the computer is plugged into an electrical outlet. And it is a very slow and inefficient way of uploading pictures. I think that I will just have to buy a notebook that is supported by Microsoft, the kind with a "read-write" CD/DVD player ( for camera software upload ), to take with me on my future vacations.

2.) As I've said before, the Acer C7 Chromebook is just a portable heater with computer capabilities because it generates a lot of heat for its diminutive size. And it seems to work slower the hotter that it gets.

3.) And if you turn it off and unplug it from the wall, the battery will still drain low on charge if you don't close its lid.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment